The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Spotted the Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OVA collection for £7.99 in the clearance section of HMV Wimbledon so I got that. They had Madoka Magica on Blu-ray for £9.99 there too (though I have that already).

Tiger and Bunny Part 2 arrived today, again very impressed with the little magazines and the artwork on the packaging. Nice to see something good coming from Kaze, lets hope they can sort their other issues out and we'll all (hopefully) be happy.

Already have part 3 on pre order but funny thing here. I just spotted the price was £24.71, so wondered what it was at Sainsbury's (where I pre-ordered) and its £27.99. So I went to swap pre-orders only to realise as I was about to cancel that I have it in my account priced at £22.99, guessing thats a pre order promise but wonder if Sainsbury's are gonna be increasing their prices too. It's strange coz there Blu-ray orders are usually £22.99 and part 2 is still at that price.

I stopped by my favourite second-hand dvd store over the weekend and found Sukisho: The Complete Collection on sale. As I bought it, was was saddened by the current situation of Media Blasters. I mean, I could always count on them for some weird, out-there title just to break the monotony of the more prolific releases from the more prolific publishers.

Was over in Newcastle and visited their branch of Travelling Man - easily the comic book shop with the best manga selection in the North-East. Had something of a binge while I was there getting the following:

Princess Knight Vol. 1
Bond of Dreams, Bond of Love Vol. 1-3.
07-Ghost Vol. 4.
Loveless Vol. 5-6
Vampire Knight Vol. 7
Evangelion Omnibus 3 (Vol. 7-9)
Naruto Vol. 33
Bleach Vol. 34.

Ian Wolf said:
Was over in Newcastle and visited their branch of Travelling Man
Did this close down for a while and reopen? I totally agree with your assessment of them based on when I was at Uni in the area, but I swear down I thought they had closed the Newcastle branch.

The Newcastle branch has always been open. I was a regular there when I was in school, and I still go back every couple of months or so when I go visit my parents. Aside from the Forbidden Planets in London and Manchester, it's easily got the best manga selection I've ever encountered.

Maybe I'm going crazy then, this was a few years ago now (probably seven or eight) but I honestly thought they'd announced it was closing.

Tried ordering volume 1 of The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat from UP1, but got an email a couple of hours later saying that they couldn't get stock from the supplier and were cancelling my order. Looks like it's out of print for the moment. :(

VoxPhantom said:
Tried ordering volume 1 of The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat from UP1, but got an email a couple of hours later saying that they couldn't get stock from the supplier and were cancelling my order. Looks like it's out of print for the moment. :(
So a quick scout around aaand:
Ok, word from Digital Manga is that they will have a new print run of vol. 1 out sometime this Summer, so keep an eye out for it and don't pay an inflated price. :)

Thanks for the info!

Just out of interest, who told you that? I couldn't find anything like that from my searches!

It's a lot more positive than what UP1 told me:
We are sorry to inform you this title is no longer available from publisher:

Hentai Prince and Stony Cat 1 GN (PM)

We have had to cancel your order and remove title from out web site.

Had a little mooch through the Sainsbury's website and left with preorders for Bakemonogatari BluRays (both parts 1 & 2) and From Up On Poppy Hill collector's edition BluRay.

Brought

Maps
Princess Minerva
Super atragon
Mao-chan
Persona trinity sets 1 and 2
High school DxD
battle angel
Battle skipper the movie
Fake
Birth
Edght cloud rising