The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

To be 100% clear, Code Geass is £26 each for the series 1 and 2 BDs, which both have 25 episodes, so for £52 you're getting 50 episodes. Not a bad price - I really need to take a punt and buy them myself.

Oh no, it's a very good price. As I said above, apologies for the bad example.

And you really should get it (and I really should finish it)

I might still hold off just to see if anything else gets released around that time. I tend to bulk order because I live in Australia and want to minimise shipping cost.

SnowWolf said:
You have done what I'm still too unsure about.

Preorder Anime Limited's releases.

I keep thinking that I should wait until reviews come in to make sure there's nothing wrong with the discs or the box. This is a brand new company after all.

Also I thought the preorder price for Cowboy Bebop might be a bit high, but then it is Cowboy Bebop.

kaze_andrew said:
FYI I will be using the same video team behind NISA's releases in the USA - video and subtitle quality is super important to me and as I control the whole workflow this is a lot easier to ensure.
I wouldn't be worried if I were you. NISA releases are always really good, and Andrew has a good track record.

SnowWolf said:
GolGotha said:
Bought:
Hellsing Ultimate V - VIII
Tekkonkinkreet (blind buy)
Durarara Volume 1
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

Pre Ordered:
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Steins Gate; Part 1
Hellsing Ultimate I - IV
The Place Promised in Our Early Days/Voices of a Distant Star Twin Pack

You have done what I'm still too unsure about.

Preorder Anime Limited's releases.

I keep thinking that I should wait until reviews come in to make sure there's nothing wrong with the discs or the box. This is a brand new company after all.

Also I thought the preorder price for Cowboy Bebop might be a bit high, but then it is Cowboy Bebop.

I don't think the price is high at all, 12/13 episode sets usually retail to begin with, about £18 on amazon before any sales or price drops, so the dvd of bebop, which is £36 is pretty much the standard pricing. as for the blu-ray, the same goes, £25 for 12/13 episodes is pretty much the going for blu ray anime releases, you also have to take into account the value of the item, not just the pricing standard of most anime releases. The fact that we have a blu-ray release of bebop before any other country, except for japan is a great achievement for the industry and could have warranted an even higher price than it is now. we also, according to what i've read, get quite a lot of on disc extra's and physical extra's, which we don't often in the UK. I'm honestly surprised they're not charging more, i believe with the popularity of bebop they could have requested a much higher retail price.

Got recently

No.6 complete collection blu ray (region A) £25 from ebay
Ga-Rei-Zero complete collection Blu ray/dvd (region A and B) bought for £20 on ebay bran new, pretty much the same price for the dvd set over here

Waiting in the Summer
Code Geass Season 1

Both from Sainsbury's - both around £18 at the moment.

Kimi Ni Todoke - Vol. 3
Missions of Love - Vol. 1

Both from Waterstones.

Bought quite alot from the expo :D

DVD:
Yu Gi Oh! Bonds Beyond Time (Came with the goodie bag)
Tekken Blood vengeance
Tekken The Motion Picture
One Piece collection 1
Needless Part 1
Hellsing Ultimate: volume V-VIII
Crows Zero

Manga:
Toriko vol. 15

Most recent purchases and pre-orders from various retailers:

Blu-ray:

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail
The Legend of Korra