The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Recently purchased
gurren lagann (uk beez boxset)
serial experiments lain volumes 1-4 region 1
genshiken season 1
speedgrapher collection

I'm deciding on whether or not i should get happy lesson, berserk (i've been told it has a rage worthy ending) ghost in the shell SAC seasons or the seasons 2-5 of slayers

Well happy lesson isn't exactly a good anime in the animation and * yes this is coming from a dub lover* the dub isn't really that good, berserk is pertty good but youll have to read the manga after watching the anime, gits is good any and every anime fan should get it, as for slayers......... Well it depends if you like comedy and don't mind how old it is, iv got all the series but that's just me.

A trip to the UP1 stand at expo could be potentially fun - have an order with them for:
Tiger and Bunny - Parts 1 & 2 (US)
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu and The Second Raid
Lagrange

Time to see what turns up in time.

As for Tiger & Bunny, even though I'll have Viz's complete collection with, you know, actual Bluray extras, the completionist in me will buy the remaining two UK volumes whenever they come out - partially for the magazines/cards.
I haven't enjoyed a series like this for a while - let alone an English Dub, and the child in me can't wait to see the rest.

Pre ordered:

Blood-C Complete Collection (UK Blu-ray.)
Dusk maiden of Amnesia Complete Collection (US Blu-ray.)
Waiting in the Summer Complete Collection (UK DVD.)

Bought:
Hellsing Ultimate V - VIII
Tekkonkinkreet (blind buy)
Durarara Volume 1
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

Pre Ordered:
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Steins Gate; Part 1
Hellsing Ultimate I - IV
The Place Promised in Our Early Days/Voices of a Distant Star Twin Pack

GolGotha said:
Bought:
Hellsing Ultimate V - VIII
Tekkonkinkreet (blind buy)
Durarara Volume 1
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

Pre Ordered:
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Steins Gate; Part 1
Hellsing Ultimate I - IV
The Place Promised in Our Early Days/Voices of a Distant Star Twin Pack

You have done what I'm still too unsure about.

Preorder Anime Limited's releases.

I keep thinking that I should wait until reviews come in to make sure there's nothing wrong with the discs or the box. This is a brand new company after all.

Also I thought the preorder price for Cowboy Bebop might be a bit high, but then it is Cowboy Bebop.

Firstly, the company may be new but Andrew isn't when it comes to the industry.
Secondly, their showing of 009 Re:Cyborg was successful and they have proved themselves with not only flying in Kenji Kamiyama and Tomohiko Ishii, but also Shinichiro Watanabe for the Expo.

They have proved themselves.

It isn't high at all in my opinion. £36.00 for a 26 episode DVD or just under £50 for the Blu-Ray. Code Geass was £52 for the blu-ray and that contained no physical extras. Both were re-releases.

GolGotha said:
Firstly, the company may be new but Andrew isn't when it comes to the industry.
Secondly, their showing of 009 Re:Cyborg was successful and they have proved themselves with not only flying in Kenji Kamiyama and Tomohiko Ishii, but also Shinichiro Watanabe for the Expo.

They have proved themselves.

It isn't high at all in my opinion. £36.00 for a 26 episode DVD or just under £50 for the Blu-Ray. Code Geass was £52 for the blu-ray and that contained no physical extras. Both were re-releases.e/quote]

I thought Code Geass was £26 for the blu ray.

Maybe I am being a bit overly cautious.

Back