The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Complete Season 1 (Region B Blu-ray)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Complete Season 2 (Region B Blu-ray)

mangaman74 said:

theses are so on my to get list

1 question does these have any extras like specials, OVAs, * i know its uncut*

animefreak17 said:
mangaman74 said:

I only own Season 1 which DOES have all the extras, however, I read that Kaze screwed us over as usual with Season 2 and despite stating on the case that extras were included, there is nothing on the disc(s) which I suppose could be classed as false advertising. (SUE! SUE! SUE!)

One thing I'll say though is that the way they added in things like the commentary track on Season 1 are retarded. The commantary track is just a third audio stream on the episode (Eng/Jap/Commentary), yet you can only access the commentaries from the main menu, and you can't switch between the audio tracks on the fly like any other good normal non-Kaze (Or User Friendly in this case) release.

I think the DVDs have them, but seriously? DVDs in 2013?
I shouldn't have to buy the shittier format for the proper release, nor should the extras in a combo release only be on the DVD.

I like Kaze's packaging and artwork but I hate their awful releases so much.

Mangaranga said:
animefreak17 said:
mangaman74 said:

I only own Season 1 which DOES have all the extras, however, I read that Kaze screwed us over as usual with Season 2 and despite stating on the case that extras were included, there is nothing on the disc(s) which I suppose could be classed as false advertising. (SUE! SUE! SUE!)

One thing I'll say though is that the way they added in things like the commentary track on Season 1 are retarded. The commantary track is just a third audio stream on the episode (Eng/Jap/Commentary), yet you can only access the commentaries from the main menu, and you can't switch between the audio tracks on the fly like any other good normal non-Kaze (Or User Friendly in this case) release.

I shouldn't have to buy the shittier format for the proper release, nor should the extras in a combo release only be on the DVD.

Two points,
1) I own the region 1 dvds for Code Geass (Season 1 Limited Editions, Season 2 the Anime Legends collection) so if any extras are missing it isn't a massive loss.
2) They only cost me £5.99 each from Sainsburys Entertainment as I converted some of my Nectar points into 2 £20 vouchers.

Mangaranga said:
animefreak17 said:
mangaman74 said:

ok which specials and OVAs are part of theses releases

Paranoia Agent - should have never got rid of it in the first place. One good thing though, it's a smaller Boxset now :D

Pre-order of Hellsing Ultimate from amazon. I didnt buy anime since the end of March and in two days bought Hellsing Ultimate V-VII and Mardock Scramble movie 1 and FMA both movies pack. :)

They all got their prices down in amazon so i went for it.

Since the AU release of Nisemonogatari doesn't actually have the audio commentaries, I've just gone ahead and ordered Aniplex's release for consistency.
It's still a lot harder to justify buying compared to Bakemonogatari, but I actually feel like watching and finishing it now so... why not?
I only actually watched up until the Tsukihi Phoenix arc when it was airing.

Street Fighter II Blu-ray arrived today.

Made me laugh as under the 15 certificate it states Contains Strong Language. Does this indicate that Kaze didn't intentionally use the cut dub?

Within the past week I've ordered/bought/had delivered:

Aku no Hana vols 1-5 (with 6 and 7 pre-ordered) (yes, yes... I know I promised not to read ahead of the anime, but it's just too involving!)
Bunny Drop vol 8
Knights of Sidonia vol 2
Black Butler vol 13
Cage of Eden vol 10

with a couple more due to be dropped round by my local manga peddler later this week:
Bakuman vol 19
Blood Alone vol 6

Rightstuf is currently having a sale on Funimation titles, so with that in mind I've just ordered:

Blu-ray:

Serial Experiments Lain Complete Collection (Limited Edition)
Casshern Sins Complete Series - S.A.V.E. Edition
Baccano! Complete Set
C - Control: Money of Soul and Possibility Complete Series (Limited Edition)

DVD:

Affairs (Office Affairs/Co-Ed Affairs)
Lover-in-Law

Black Rock Shooter arrived.

A little surprised it's only 8 episodes but that's down to me assuming it was the usual 12/13.

Back