The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Penguin drum Box Set 1, from HMV

I bought it because I was there and it seemed reasonable priced. It was only when I got home that I found out that it was several pounds cheaper than it is on amazon.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Penguin drum Box Set 1, from HMV

I bought it because I was there and it seemed reasonable priced. It was only when I got home that I found out that it was several pounds cheaper than it is on amazon.

I noticed that when I was in HMV a couple of weeks ago. The Madoka Magica DVD set was also almost exactly the same price as on Amazon.

I too picked up Penguin Drum today from HMV. Such a good price.

Looking around the Anime section, the prices have came down on a fair amount, being just a bit higher, lower or the exact same price as Amazon, though the MVM sets are still insanely priced, saw Fruits Baskets for £40 :S

Pre-orders made for the upcoming months

bakemonogatari parts 1 and 2
k-on season 2 part 2
deadman wonderland
one piece collection 2
tiger and bunny part 3
cowboy bebop complete collection
steins gate part 1

i really did not think they'd release the second season of bakuman so soon, but i have too much in july to get it so i'll have to see whats being released in august, if there is little or nothing in august that i want then i'll get parts 1-8 of hellsing and both bakuman seasons, but with the possible releases of mirai nikki, black lagoon robertas blood trail and sankarea as well as other announcements from the london expo that may not be possible.

Pre-ordered Persona 4 part 3, Steins;Gate part 1 and Tiger and Bunny part 3 from Amazon. Providing no release dates slip, July should be a great (but expensive) month!

They aren't going to dub something like that just for Japan. It adds tens of thousands of pounds to the production costs for each disc while having negligible effect on sales. If people want to see more Japanese releases with English dubs from the start, they should be getting thousands of their friends to support things like say, the Gundam Unicorn Blu-ray simultaneous release. Otherwise, waiting for the US to pick up the license is the only real option.

The JP Code Geass Akito The Exiled release is sexy. I'm waiting for the second volume :D

R

Just bought Time of Eve from the official site too.
I have been debating whether or not to buy it for ages now, but I just decided to take the plunge.

Pre-ordered Aria the Scarlet Ammo and Steins;Gate Part 1. I also ordered Kids on the Slope a few days ago.

I keep changing my mind about Bakemonogatari, any recommendations? I was unsure about Penguindrum and I've loved it so far so I'm wondering if I should just take the plunge.

Also, xxxHolic Volume 16 and 18 as well as the character guide. Can't believe how little time it took for 17 and 19 to shoot up in price! Gonna have to hunt around, then I'll finally be complete!

Back