The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Smokitt said:
What???? where do you get manga in Gloucester, the only shops that sell manga are ottakars, The enthusiast and the memrobillia(sp?) store [Ooops i forgot the enthusiast shut down...] and none of those have many manga..... well good manga.....

The two places I get Manga from in Gloucester are Ottakers which are statring to get a pretty good selection (of Tokyopop titles anyway) and the other is 'Collectors Choice', which has a really good selection of manga(Tokyopop, Dark Horse, Shonen Jump, Viz, etc) and loads of different titles ranging from naruto to berserk which is normally only stuff you could get from buying online. The guy there is really nice to and he has ordered stuff in for me a few times now. There have loads of models there too. Deffinately worth going in and having a look.

I got volume 1 of Crossroad by Shioko Mizuki this morning. It's one of around 12 mangas I preordered with UP1 and the only one that has turned up yet! I'm a bit miffed, as I preordered a number of titles that are now "temporarily unavailable", but surely their original order should have been enough to include my copies; so I'm feeling a little annoyed!
Oh! well, at least I've still got plenty of unread manga to get through yet.

I also got 2 really sweet Fruits Basket keyrings, one of Yuki and one of Kyo in their animal forms (although it's just their heads on the keyrings). They're very sweet and I'll have to convince myself to use them :lol:

Just won Devil Lady vols 1-6 on Ebay for £16.35 (waiting for seller to tell me shipping cost to the UK) :D.
Will be my first R1 dvds.

Edit: got shipping cost from seller and payed about £29 in total (£1 cheaper than buying the thinkpak from otaku.co.uk :lol: )

i got two dvds today.

appleseed (manga)
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex vol 1 - with tin.

the Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex vol 1 - with tin is great but only thing i dont like is the way you have to take off the slip cases to get them to fit into the tin.

Got Ghost In The Shell StandAlone Complex Vol 7 this morning. Minus the tin as I thought it was kinda ugly and didnt want to have to remove the slipcases. And an early X-mas present in the form of Millenium Actress.

Well; as I'm new, I'll just say what I bought over the weekend; Full Metal Panic Vol 1 and 2, Rahxephon Vol 6(finally finished getting all the dvds now at an average of £3/4 per disc!!).

Massive order on its way this week!!

The second Madlax OST finally seems to be available, so I ordered that last night, along with Last Exile #7. Plus I also got the GITS: SAC regular boxset on Saturday, thanks again Necromancer :D

I got Vampire Princess Miyu Vol. One and Two and Ditto For love Hina, first time ordering from DVDblah.com hope its as fast as Play.com

Not today, but recently:

Last Exile volumes #5 and #6
Cowboy Bebop vol. #6

And I've borrowed Nausicaä: Valley Of The Wind off my friend; if it's half as good as the manga, then I'll be quids in! :D

im petty sure if you contacted play.com and told them it had a dent in it that they would send a replacement. they are very good when it comes to them sort of things.

Back