The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Heh, good point. I had NISA In mind when making my "Russian Roulette" comment in the K-On thread yesterday. One day they'll put out a flawless release. Maybe. (Actually, I think Toradora 2 was okay...)

JohnC said:
I was actually surprised at being able to get The Wings of Honneamise.
Yeah, I'm surprised TSRI still have copies. I got mine from there a couple of years back. It's a great release in terms of packaging as well; the DVD and BD are in separate cases and you get a sturdy chipboard box to store them in.

OK, ordered Honneamise and also the first boxset of Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. I'll wait on Katanagatari to see if I can bag it any cheaper before it comes out.

Was going to wait till mid-June to make a TRSI order. Have had my eye on the Honneamise set for a couple of months. But seeing the stock counter take a hit of ten in the last three days prompted me to get the order in now rather than wait. Looks like people have noticed that it's going to vanish pretty soon.

So today I ordered the Wings of Honneamise Blu-ray, and pre-ordered Sora no Woto from TRSI. They'll both ship at the end of next month anyway.

And because I need a new anime fix soon, went to Play and ordered the Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino OVA DVD, and the Full Metal Alchemist Movie on Blu-ray. Should get those in a couple of weeks, and saved me £5 on TRSI.

Just Passing Through said:
Was going to wait till mid-June to make a TRSI order. Have had my eye on the Honneamise set for a couple of months. But seeing the stock counter take a hit of ten in the last three days prompted me to get the order in now rather than wait. Looks like people have noticed that it's going to vanish pretty soon.
I'm fairly sure there was a counter on the page when I bought my copy two years ago. It seems they periodically dredge up a new batch of them from somewhere, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Laputa BD arrived from HMV this morning! Gave the disc a quick spin and it looked fabulous.

Pre-ordered the following earlier in the week:

Birdy the Mighty Decode volume 1
Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzimiya
2nd series of HS too

Picked up from Waterstones earlier in the week - wish I had one where I live >.<

Bleach Official Character Book

Just ordered from a bunch of shops:

Reborn volume 3
Future Diary volume 2
Deadman Wonderland volume 2
Gad Guard (DVD) volume 3

Earlier this week I brought Lucky Star Complete Collection from Forbidden Planet. This morning, I ordered Fairy Tail volume 1 from The Book Depository.

Today I got my Laputa BD and Gundam 00 S2 part 2.

Watched half of Laputa so far and it looks fantastic. It seems that they have also removed some of the audio, nothing important though.

Region A Blu-ray preorders,
Rideback - Complete Series (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Baka & Test - Summon The Beasts Season One (Limited Edition DVD/Blu-ray Combo)

Region 1 DVD preorder
Project A-ko Mazinkaiser / Shuten Doji (2 Disc)

Laputa: Castle in the Sky (Blu-ray / DVD Combi), already own the DVD with the old dub which I love, looking forwards to the new one, just hope its as good or better :D

mangaman74 said:
Region A Blu-ray preorders,
Rideback - Complete Series (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Baka & Test - Summon The Beasts Season One (Limited Edition DVD/Blu-ray Combo)

Region 1 DVD preorder
Project A-ko Mazinkaiser / Shuten Doji (2 Disc)
hey mangaman74 do you have a pic of your collection

Durial666 said:
Watched half of Laputa so far and it looks fantastic. It seems that they have also removed some of the audio, nothing important though.
Would you care to elaborate on this, kind sir?

It's a lovely transfer but, like Nausicaa, one to which DNR has been liberally applied. I know that bothers some people, and I'm on the fence about it myself.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Durial666 said:

It's a lovely transfer but, like Nausicaa, one to which DNR has been liberally applied. I know that bothers some people, and I'm on the fence about it myself.

If its the audio I'm elaborating on then it really isn't anything to worry about. Its the dub that has missing audio not watched the Japanese yet. You know how the Americans love to add a few lines here or there that weren't in the original, well it seems they removed some of those.

fabricatedlunatic said:

Q-tec level?
As bad as FUNi's Gar Rei Zero BD or not?

Durial666 said:
If its the audio I'm elaborating on then it really isn't anything to worry about. Its the dub that has missing audio not watched the Japanese yet. You know how the Americans love to add a few lines here or there that weren't in the original, well it seems they removed some of those.
So lines that were originally added in the Disney dub have been removed for this release? How odd. Nothing to worry about, then. Cheers.

@Reaper
Here's a screenshot comparison. It doesn't bother me too much, personally, but I do like a bit of grain and wish Optimum/Madman or whoever authored the disc would just leave it alone.

Print order arrived from Amazon:

LNs

BakaTest v.9
HaGaNai v.5
KonoRano 2011
Kabuki-/Hanamonogatari

Manga

Fairy Tail v.25
Berserk v.21-25
Billy Bat v.5
Yotsubato! v.10
Koe de Oshigoto! v.5