The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Serial Experiments Lain 2-3 (always felt like I should own this, if only for nostalgia value - filling in the gaps in the ol' collection)

Hellsing Ultimate 3-4 (same as above)

pickup52.jpg

Never thought this day would actually come. Lucky Star, released in the UK.
icon_wub.gif

preordered the following from Zavvi

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzimiya - Blu-ray
Laputa: Castle In The Sky - Double Play (Includes DVD and Blu-Ray Copy) - Blu-ray

- Key scenes galleries
- Textless Opening with Lyrics
- Voice Actor Interviews
- Original Japanese Promo Clips
- The Adventures of Minoru Shiraishi Featurettes

yey don't have to boycot it.
Their sister company has had a very bad record recently, and couldn't find clear product info so was worried (esp with review disks being extra less)

Do we start complaining to Manga about US K-on! having a lot of problems now, or do we wait?

Preordered the following,

Eden of the East Movie 1: King of Eden - (Region B Blu-ray)
High School Of The Dead - (Region B Blu-ray)
My Neighbours The Yamadas - (Region B DVD/Blu-Ray)

pre ordered
Tower Of Druaga Collection
Gundam 00 2nd Season Vol.3
Durarara: Volume 3
Casshern Sins:1
Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino: Season 2
Naruto Shippuden: Volume 5
Shikabane Hime: Corpse Princess
Yu Gi Oh The Movie: Bonds Beyond Time
Fullmetal Alchemis: Brotherhood 4
Evangelion 2.22

hey is there a form where you can tell how many dvds and movies you have

Yu Yu Hakusho Season 1 Box Set
Yu Yu Hakusho Season 2 Box Set
Yu Yu Hakusho Season 3 Box Set
Yu Yu Hakusho Season 4 Box Set
Coffee Samurai / Hoshizora Kiseki

Just a question about TRSI. If I have an order made of a mixture of pre-orders and items in stock, do they post as they are available or hold them until everything is in? It's just that I made such an order a couple of days ago and the in-stock item is still "reserved" for me. I'm not in any particular hurry, but it'd be good to know.

Anyway, on topic, I ordered Katanagatari, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Baccano and Wings of Honneamise, all Blu-ray.

For International customers they generally won't dispatch an order until everything's in stock, as otherwise it costs them too much in shipping. I've been waiting patiently for Durarara set 3 to be released so that it can be sent along with set 2.

Also, is that the Baccano Blu Ray? [edit: duh, you've said it's the Blu Ray. Please ignore] Even though it's an upscale, I'm so very tempted...

JohnC said:
Just a question about TSRI. If I have an order made of a mixture of pre-orders and items in stock, do they post as they are available or hold them until everything is in? It's just that I made such an order a couple of days ago and the in-stock item is still "reserved" for me. I'm not in any particular hurry, but it'd be good to know.

Anyway, on topic, I ordered Katanagatari, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Baccano and Wings of Honneamise, all Blu-ray.

They will hold it until complete unless you ask them to split ship or something is delayed ridiculously (after the first six months of delays on my Queen's Blade they released some other stuff for me last year to free up space in their warehouse). If you ask them to do it you might have to pay another +$7 shipping fee, but they're usually pretty cool about it if you ask nicely. If they do it without you asking, you definitely won't have to pay extra.

That Baccano set has been tempting me, but it wasn't that long ago that I picked up the DVD set for the extras... and everything else you listed I also have or have on order. Good taste :D

R

JohnC's post is indeed a tempting concoction of items... I have the Baccano! BD set already on order, but didn't get around to ordering Katanagatari or Arakawa yet, and don't own The Wings of Honneamise in any format!

ilmaestro said:
don't own The Wings of Honneamise in any format!
:O

You should remedy that as a matter of urgency. The BD is glorious.

I'm definitely picking up Arakawa, and possibly Katanagatari as well. If the availability of Wagnara!!/Working!! is anything to go by, NISA are producing their Premium Editions in fewer numbers, meaning it may no longer be feasible to wait even a few months if you want the snazzy unwieldy-box versions. Decisions...

I was actually surprised at being able to get The Wings of Honneamise. I would have got it sooner but the other companies I have used for imports always had it unavailable/out of stock. I always assumed it was long out of print. That and the limited seller and limited run of the others made me order there, import duty risk be damned.

fabricatedlunatic said:
If the availability of Wagnara!!/Working!! is anything to go by, NISA are producing their Premium Editions in fewer numbers
Means fewer units to replace when they **** something up. >_>

Back