The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

79587091.jpg

When, as ever, randomly clicking through my SS bookmarks, I noticed that SS had dropped a number of prices; price drops I'd been waiting for.

I have Marshmallow 1. 2-3 completes my collection. It has an 8/10 MAL rating and is OOP. So, me ordering them is just logical... right?

I picked up Gun Frontier 1 during my recent SS spree 'cause a Matsumoto western sounds SO ******* cool. 3-4 were double the price before the prices dropped... so, yeah, I ordered them. Hopefully #2 drops in price at some point, too.

Owning Ryvius 3 means I'll own 1-5; needing only 6 to complete my collection. Owning Ayakashi 3 means I'll need only 2 to complete yet another Geneon collection.

89378987.jpg

Even though my 13th order made sense, and I hadn't started collecting a new title, it did worry me that I'd made yet another order.

Thankfully, Allah heard my concerns and let me off; canceling the one thing I didn't really want and regretted ordering. This pleased me.

29350881.jpg

The 'If I See You In My Dreams' OVA really 'did it' for me due to its similarity to MI and other rom-com titles. So, naturally, I went in for the sequel-prequel VERY SHORT TV series after watching it.

I needed something else to go with it to make my order work. When looking through SS for new box sets, I noticed they were basically giving away the older, $70 RRP Peach Girl set. With me being a fan of love stories, melodrama and Funimation dubs, I doubt it'll be a waste of money.

my copy of gundam 00 i got from play for £4.99 came and also bleach memories of nothing came.

Also got my revoltech saber and nendoroid Kirisame Marisa -so cute-

Nice catch on Ayakashi 3, Aion. A very underrated little show, though not sure you'll enjoy the other two mini-series (the third was by far my favourite).

I just ordered Lucky Star TV and its OAV in the Right Stuf sale and added them to my super-order. Which is going to ship soon and probably require the delivery men to hire a special lorry if I don't stop adding things to it (23 half season/full season sets and counting all in one drop). Not pleased about the buying power of the pound at the moment.

R

Gundam 00 vols 1 and 3 came today, now my first season is complete =3 still not sure if I'll get season 2...

Vol 3 had no art on the second disc is that supposed to be like that? I assume not since i's not double sided...

Was up in Forbidden Planet the day and picked up Hellsing Volume 9. So can finally catch up to where we are up to now. Now if only volume 10 had a definitive release date =/

Oh, also spotted myself Sousukes version of the M9 Gernsback there(figure), but there was no way i could get it. £80.99 =/ One was not amused.

Slayers Revolution
Mahoromatic-Automatic Maiden Full Metal Maid Collection Seasons 1-2
Phoenix(Hinotori)Complete Collection-Litebox
Ramen Fighter Miki Complete Collection-Litebox
Dokkoida Complete Collection

Placed an order for School Rumble Season 2 and the OVA disc.

Season 2 finally came down at Right Stuf, so pounced on that, and they only had 7 of the OVA discs left. Postage all in comes to £28

Grabbed a copy of School Rumble Season 2 myself, along with Honey & Clover box 3 and some other bits and pieces.

The OVA is worth owning for Eri's expression when she sees Harima naked. Again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seirei No Moribito's complete collection on eBay. The disparity in price between the Walmart set they have in the US and the forthcoming (assuming MB survive long enough to release it) full set convinced me to grab the cheaper one whilst it's still available. Brick and mortar store exclusives are annoying!

R

Moribito has surely been one of the worst-planned releases of recent R1 times, little wonder MB are having problems with the geniuses they must have working for them.

There aren't many things that are certain, but one thing is: give me a credit card, internet access and a free shipping SS/Wherehouse code and money will be spent. Fast. It's quickly becoming a bad habit; on par with my eBaying of old.

(The latest Wherehouse code = WHMARFS)

wh1h.jpg

Rocket Girls isn't an old release and sells for close to double new; before shipping. It looks nice and sounds like it'll be up to at least 7/10 goodness.

Ramen Fighter I came across at random. After realizing all three OOP singles were being sold for next to nothing, and reading that it's supposed to be a whole lot of crazy fun, I was quick to order.

wh2.jpg

Interlude was something I meant to order last time but never got around to. From the little I've read, it's either going to be very good or very bad; only time will tell. Mystery thriller types are cool with me, generally.

CKBC I stumbled across when hunting for something extra to tempt Wherehouse into packing my order in a box. The trailer made it look good and, though there's the risk of it being a 'manga fans only!' deal, I think it'll be a good watch.

Please Save My Earth is what I REALLY want out of these latest orders. An OVA adaptation of one of the highest regarded manga titles out there, it's sure to tell me if the also OOP manga is worth reading online. I expect greatness.

wh3m.jpg

I was a little hesitant to order Tide, but a quick look at the new prices and its visual quality made it too hard to say no to. I think it'll at least be a good watch, if nothing else.

As for the other set, it caught my eye when I was searching for something to go with Tide. My instinct suggests I'll get a lot out of the slice-of-life, episodic, romantic goodness the series has to offer.
Fabriluna disliked it, but, to be blunt, I'd put more faith in a retarded looking raccoon telling me to watch it than I would if Fabriluna told me the opposite. He's a nice guy, for sure, and I'll think he's even nicer once he sends me Kurau 6, but he has terrible taste. Only sanji has more severe taste issues.

wh4.jpg

When I saw I's last time around, I failed to realize it's A) not an old release and B) has a fair few minutes to offer. Ordered, and I'm looking forward to much relationship drama.

And, finally, Grenadier: Even though I've ignored it in the past, re-watching Trigun with boobs sounds like a good deal for $12.

There's a difference between "crap" and MoO. MoO bad, short OOP/new anime that sounds like what I'll like not so bad.

I'll have you know I'm now far better at judging the 'inner beauty' of what I buy. I'm not like those people who moan about box sizes--I look for the value hidden within; saving money by doing so. I'm quite smart, tbh.

If I went on popularity and ratings alone, no Human Crossing, Rumiko Takahashi Anthology or Human Crossing for me.

...Wait a sec, why am I explaining myself? **** off. Go look at more loli/mailgun/whatever images. Mapuessy.

Back