The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Also, I ordered this lot from Play the other day:

clipboard02hs.jpg

I noticed they had Witchblade in their '3 for £15' deal. I was struggling to find a third DVD when I remembered: I got Daphne 4-6 for around £1.99 each from AOL. So, just to complete the collection and get the Witchblade DVDs, I ordered 1-3 of Daphne. Here's hoping Daphne isn't as bad as its rating suggests!

Annoyingly, Play only have Witchblade 6 in-stock; meaning they've sent the last volume and I need to wait for the fifth. It'll suck if I get into the series and need to wait for weeks for Play to restock; like what happened with Gantz...

Aion said:
I noticed they had Witchblade in their '3 for £15' deal. I was struggling to find a third DVD when I remembered: I got Daphne 4-6 for around £1.99 each from AOL. So, just to complete the collection and get the Witchblade DVDs, I ordered 1-3 of Daphne. Here's hoping Daphne isn't as bad as its rating suggests!
But how did you get 5 for £25? Didn't you have to add a sixth DVD to get two lots of 3 for £15?

I got my order processed at UP1 for:
Angel Links Complete - Legends collection (At last!!!) Now the Outlaw Star Saga can finish!
Black God manga vol 8.
Negima manga vol 25.

Pretty happy with this order. Thought I'd never get Angel Link due to print issues.

28864231.jpg

I've wanted to watch Phantom's OVA ever since seeing the sloooow Bee Train TV series, and on-holding it. Getting the game with it will be pretty sweet. The price had dropped from $25 to $17 since my last orders.

I've wanted to watch the Area 88 OVA ever since seeing the ok TV series. It not having a game isn't very sweet.

I picked up Cosmo 1 last time, and Cosmo 2 dropped in price since I last ordered.

75606266.jpg

If I were Fabriluna and ordered from TRS, it'd cost $30 + $12 shipping (amirita?). But, being an Aironic, I decided to go cheaper and get the sets for second-hand for $27.

I've 'sort of' wanted to check it out for awhile, having seen a trailer or two and being attracted by its dark tone. Like I've said before, Gonzo's staff tend to share my taste.

16365441.jpg

Because Fabriluna is useless, I was forced to order the final volume of Human Crossing myself; it having dropped in price by $1.70 or so since my last orders.

I needed something else to go with it, and Jubei 2's cheap, complete Geneon collection caught my eye. Going on the action and its rating, it'll probably be the worst order of the lot, but it might save itself if the set arrives mint.

Due to arrive tomorrow...

DVD
D.Gray Man Part 1 DVD

Manga
S.S. Astro Vol 1
Samurai Harem (Asu no Yoichi) Vol 2 & 3
Evangelion - Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol 2
The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol 1
Black Cat Vol 2
Claymore Vol 3 & 4
Vampire Knight Vol 1
Black Lagoon Vol 2
Rosario+Vampire Vol 8

Aironic said:
If I were Fabriluna and ordered from TRS, it'd cost $30 + $12 shipping (amirita?). But, being an Aironic, I decided to go cheaper and get the sets for second-hand for $27.
The first Red Garden collection was about $35 last time I checked ¬_¬

I bought four volumes plus the artbox from SS for $19 and will add the last two discs onto my next Right Stuf order. It'll cost a little more than what you paid but I wanted the box and the video quality of the ADV release is supposed to be better.

Just made a final order myself: Urusei Yatsura movie 6, Shamanic Princess (been after that for a while--OOP FYI Aoinella), Silent Mobius: The Motion Picture, and Megazone 23 Part 1. Just under $20 for that lot.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Shamanic Princess (been after that for a while--OOP FYI Aoinella)

It looks (and sounds!) fairly awful, but the OOP part tempted me. Cheap, hard to get and complete in one - how I like my anime!

Because of you, I once again became addicted to looking through SS' pages. And I discovered something: had I not ordered Jubei 2 (bad move, probably) earlier, I'd have had plenty to choose from. It appears my rare anime desires will never end because SS has everything... :(

91009146.jpg

Despite it looking like **** and having a ****** rating on MAL, Shallaballa (w/e) Princess has some good review scores. (My attempt at justifying this!)

Phantom Quest Corp is a Geneon release. I enjoyed the other two Geneon OVA releases, and I <3 Geneon DVDs. Perfect logic for ordering.

Alien Nine is ranked alongside Narutaru in the 'disturbing as **** anime, with kids as leads' rankings. I have to see it to know what all the fuss is about.

Silent Service is the 'srs biz' the adult within me craves, and some guy typed up a multiple paragraph DN recc for it. Sold!

And Cyber City is supposed to be some sort of 'classic'. The three DVD, proper box set was going for next to nothing, and took my order to the limit.

Do you see the difference between you me? Where as I go with your horrible recommendations, such as descriptive title and girly rubbish, you get angry. Where as I go with the flow, you sit in a corner sulking whilst, presumably, curling your beard.

The fact you went with an anime clearly aimed at your true gender, rather than TWO straight-up, old school RPG adaptations in a box, irks me for some reason... It's as if you were conceived in order to do the opposite of what I command.

On a sidenote, SS have raised pretty much all the prices of the in-stock DVDs I ordered last time to like... $8-10+ per DVD. It makes me feel better about all that bargain hunting! >:D

It is becoming slightly worrying that I've now got 12 orders 'active'. Surely, SURELY I can't order again? Stay tuned to find out! /lame

fabricatedlunatic said:
...FYI Aoinella
Is it like this to rhyme with Salmonella? It would perfectly describe how some post of Aion make us all feel sick sometimes :p

BTW - I've read the Silent Mobius manga and enjoyed it, I believe I've seen the tv series and it covered pretty much everything. What's the OVA about?

Aironic said:
Alien Nine is ranked alongside Narutaru in the 'disturbing as **** anime, with kids as leads' rankings. I have to see it to know what all the fuss is about.
Which set have you've got ? there was a special set that had the manga as well. I've got that. It's pretty nice to read and watch the anime back to back to spot the little differences and the manga goes a bit further on detailing a few things. When you compare alien nine anime with narutaru anime, then yes, they are somehow comparable. When you compare the narutaru manga and alien nine anime, well narutaru goes miles deeper in the disturbing area than alien nine ...

Aironic said:
And Cyber City is supposed to be some sort of 'classic'. The three DVD, proper box set was going for next to nothing, and took my order to the limit.
Be sure to watch it dubbed for lots of unintentional (I think) hilarity. It's not the greatest thing you'll ever watch but it's Kawajiri and therefore stylish and barmy.

@chaos: The Silent Mobius movie (I believe it was a theatrical movie and not an OVA) is a high budget adaptation of one of the manga's story arcs. It was animated in 1991, is only 50 minutes long, and there's a sequel movie as well. ANN article. I have the TV series on DVD but haven't watched it yet.

Aionella is merely the female form of Aion's username. Any similarity to the name of a poultry-related illness is purely coincidental =)

Got Kinos Journey from HMV. I have only seen a couple of the episodes but they seemed good. At the price though it was worth giving it a go.

Back