The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

As soon as Aion confirmed the disc count, I went and ordered Ergo Proxy Region 1. I've been waiting for the UK boxset to come down in price, it went up 2 quid instead. So £18 quid for Ergo Proxy was £20 less than I would have had to spend. And still £12 less than I was willing to spend on the UK release.

Then I felt guilty about not buying Region 2, so I went and bought Speed Grapher from AOL as well. 6 discs for £26. That'll do me just fine.

myorderoftehxnolyze.png

As proof, I've bought Texhnolyze for the measly sum of £26.94 on singles. The boxset is over £30 and when I noticed the singles are cheaper, I decided to revisit anime-on-line to see if their singles are dirt-cheap.

How lucky I am =D Never seen the series myself, but with being a must for fans of Lain, I HAD to buy it.

I really need a shelf for my anime DVDs because it's growing bigger =/

I bought Vol. 1 of Buso Renkin from Fopp in Cambirdge for £8 on Saturday, I've only just got around to watching the first disc now though. The shop also had Death Note Vol. 2 with a figure of L for £4 but I already own all of the separate volumes so I didn't buy it.

^ Claymore = very good anime (better manga).

I myself have just purchased The Girl Who Lept Through Time, mainly because I enjoyed the film and it's under £6 from Play.com.
Ontop of that I also bouth the collectors edition Patlabor Movies to replace my old copies which were lent by my cousin and them misplaced. ¬_¬
Been meaning to replace them for a while. Under £18 for them from Play again so can't complain.
:D

£18 for both Patlabor Limited Editions. :eek:

A great bargain for sure but it annoys the hell out of me, having paid £40 for both and thinking I was getting a good deal then. I imagine it makes anyone who paid £35-£40 for each individually murderous with rage.

This kind of thing does nothing to encourage consumer confidence in buying on release. If things are cut to half price you can just about shrug it off. When you see products (especially 'ultimate super limited editions') being sold for a quarter of what you paid, it starts to grate.

You moan like the women in my imagination do, Ayase, you know that?

If you were silly enough to pay £40 for two over-rated films, that's your issue. Personally, it annoys me that, because of the RRP cut, I was forced to order the sets for £18.

On topic, I don't plan to order much of anything for the time. My manga drive has gone, I no longer wish to order from TBD and I'm more into downloading than DVDing at the minute. One day, I'm going to have to give a lot of rubbish away on eBay. I'll still be getting plenty of mail thanks to Lupus, though, so no change in pattern.

ayase said:
£18 for both Patlabor Limited Editions. :eek:

A great bargain for sure but it annoys the hell out of me, having paid £40 for both and thinking I was getting a good deal then. I imagine it makes anyone who paid £35-£40 for each individually murderous with rage.

This kind of thing does nothing to encourage consumer confidence in buying on release. If things are cut to half price you can just about shrug it off. When you see products (especially 'ultimate super limited editions') being sold for a quarter of what you paid, it starts to grate.
On the other hand, I can only think what they are simply trying to mitigate their losses is the set was really a limited edition.
Selling for less than it's original cost is hardly a new business practice.

Sorry for the rage injection I indirectly gave you there Ayase. =P
One way of looking at it for me is that I've already bought these in the past. So I'm not making that great a saving. ¬_¬

Anyone who hasn't seen Patlabor however should definately take a look in. Tis a great deal like. (as advertised by Ayase' Rage) ;)

Aion said:
You moan like the women in my imagination do, Ayase, you know that?
The women in your imagination? So... you enjoy listening to me moan and possibly find it pleasurable? :p

I'm not really raging over this either, I said if had paid full price I would have been. I'm just mildly annoyed. I know that things come down in price and companies need to cut their losses, but usually this only happens with cheap sets and standard editions, not special limited editions like these.

The bottom line is if I buy something 'special' I want it to be 'special'. I'm annoyed at the price drop in these sets for the same reason I'm annoyed that the standard edition of Gurren Lagann is packaged like the limited edition - because I'm an elitist bastard and like to lord it over others.

ayase said:
The bottom line is if I buy something 'special' I want it to be 'special'. I'm annoyed at the price drop in these sets for the same reason I'm annoyed that the standard edition of Gurren Lagann is packaged like the limited edition - because I'm an elitist bastard and like to lord it over others.

Get the region 1 version then, it has a smexy cool box.

Argh! It's misread ayase day. I don't dislike the packaging, I like it better than the R1 even, I just have this expectation that paying a premium results in getting a better product. Y'know, like the difference between buying an Audi TT and a Daewoo Matiz.

chaos said:
Fafner in the azure? great series and what a bargain!

I think it is up there with Eva and Rahxephon in those kind of shows. In fact I thought it was better than Rahxephon.

Bought
Bleach The Diamond Dust Rebellion
Hayate The Combat Butler Volume 2
Nana Bos Set 1

Back