The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Obligatory post to show that I'm still alive and lurking about.
After learning of it's release (finally!) i've ordered:

Yotsuba&! vol.6

I also pre-ordered volumes 7 and 8 whilst I was at it.

i got Gankutsuou Complete series vols 1-6 with artbox its the original geneon release that i got from rightstuff paid like £22 with postage. YAY ive wanted it for a while now so im happy to get it finaly. Such a pretty artbox too.

I hadn't bought any anime for a while so I decided to order School Rumble and see what the fuss is about.

Also ordered a Spice & Wolf calendar along with a Satoshi Urushihara art book (always wanted but never bought one) from Yes-Asia.

pickup20.jpg

Latest pick ups. Neo Magazine, Gantz vol. 6, Silent Mobius: Complete Edition vol. 1, Yotsuba&! vol. 1 & 2 (Yen Press versions). Along with none related stuffs, Dissidia for PSP and Stephen King's The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger (I've read most of King's stuff but never ventured into The Dark Tower books yet, so I'm looking forward to it). And Wispa Gold :D. Never had one for years!

chaos said:
Is the Silent Mobius the new Udon release? it's it any good? I mean the print, I had the old dark horse ones...

Yeah it is indeed the Udon version. The paperstock and printing seems very similar to Dark Horses books. There are 10 pages of colour illustrations at the front, along with 4 pages of colour story at the start. It seems pretty nice quality wise. I can't compare it to the Dark Horse versions however, as I don't have them. Asamiya's art is hugely more impressive here than it was in Junk however >_<.

BAKA said:
chaos said:
Is the Silent Mobius the new Udon release? it's it any good? I mean the print, I had the old dark horse ones...

Yeah it is indeed the Udon version. The paperstock and printing seems very similar to Dark Horses books. There are 10 pages of colour illustrations at the front, along with 4 pages of colour story at the start. It seems pretty nice quality wise. I can't compare it to the Dark Horse versions however, as I don't have them. Asamiya's art is hugely more impressive here than it was in Junk however >_<.
I think my books might still be at my mum's house, but I'll have to check.
Have you seen Dark Angel, batman or X-men from him?

chaos said:
BAKA said:
chaos said:

I haven't, sadly no :(. Any good? Is his western work much of a departure?

BAKA said:
chaos said:
BAKA said:
chaos said:

I haven't, sadly no :(. Any good? Is his western work much of a departure?
Dark angel is interesting, but it ends on a dark tone and makes you wanna grab the sequel right away.

Batman and X-men mangas are pretty average on plot, but the art is great as usual.

His star wars is better as the plot is the beloved movie ones, while the art is his own.

Anime:
Kaze No Stigma Volume 2
Code Geass R2 Part 1 LE
Ruin Explorers
Kannagi Volume 1
Sin SE

Manga:
Yotsuba Volume 6
Tetragrammaton Labyrinth Volume 4
Black Lagoon Volume 7
Alive Volume 7
Bizenghast Volume 6
Trinity Blood Volume 11
Rosario + Vampire Volume 8
Vampire Knight Volume 7
Blood+ Adagio 2

Just been told my Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya light novel arrived at home, so shall be asking for me brother or someone to send it off to me when they get the chance.

Back