The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Aion said:
Rose Hip Zero: 1-3 - £3.99 + £2.75

OOP and Fujisawa. Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip.

Anne Freaks: 1 - 99p + £1.60

I've wanted to have a look at this for awhile. It's supposed to be very dark, it being about school kids murdering, and it's short enough to buy in full with ease.

The Devil Lady (Complete) - £14

I saw Fabio mention this awhile back. I can't remember what he said (I think it was positive?) but it made me look on its MAL page, and there I saw 9-10/10 reviews conflicting with an average of 7/10. Niea 7 came to the front of my mind.

It's OOP and I saw it on eBay. I won it. The end.
You are turning into a Fujisawa fanboy. Not a bad thing though, considering the greatness of GTO. I'm still a bit unsure if I go for TEY just yet, but mainly because of the situation of Tokyopop.
I hear it's out in italian, so if it's out in full, I could give it a try (and learn a bit of italian too :p)

I've also got the V1 of Anne Freaks at Aya and from it, it seemed really promising. I'm planning to get the rest of it at London expo, where hopefully I'll be able to find a good deal.

The devil lady is Go Nagai. I've heard of Devilman, but not Devil Lady before. Any good? with 17 volumes it's quite a big series.

chaos said:
The devil lady is Go Nagai. I've heard of Devilman, but not Devil Lady before. Any good? with 17 volumes it's quite a big series.
He's talking about the anime, which bears little resemblance to Go Nagai's manga (much less brutal demon rape for a start). It's pretty good and I posted brief thoughts here and here.

Picked up Darker Than Black 1+2 today whilst on my way back from edinburgh. Thought it a good chance to start watching it again and move on from where i left off.

fabricatedlunatic said:
chaos said:
He's talking about the anime, which bears little resemblance to Go Nagai's manga (much less brutal demon rape for a start). It's pretty good and I posted brief thoughts here and here.
Ta. I completely missed that one when you first posted.

fabricatedlunatic said:
...It's an engaging show with an adult tone; there's no juvenile shenanigans here...
Mmm, you got my attention here.

fabricatedlunatic said:
At some point it ceased to make much sense.

But overall it was a good show with an adult tone, impressive character development, lots and lots of lesbianism (both implied and not-so-implied and handled more maturely than fanboy wankfodder like Kannazuki no Miko), and some highly disturbing scenes. The visuals are so-so, with limited animation and plenty of shortcuts, but some of the detailed close-ups of the main characters are quite striking.

Recommended.
You almost lost me at the stop making sense. I don't mind stupid or non-sensical stuff, but from your original post, I had a fair idea of what it would be about and non-sense is not something that would actually fits nicely there.

Nude! Bath!! It's Paradise!!! - Don't let anyone see that Kodomo no Jikan pic.

Nice as the flesh of ladies always is (with some fava beans and a nice chianti) I am starting to despair for character design a little. The only ones I really like there are the Eva characters (which were done 15 years ago) Gurren Lagann, Kannagi, Macross F (OMG! discernible noses!) and whatever these two are.

I'd really like design evolution to start shrinking the eyes again now. Hopefully Clannad was the high water mark there.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol 1 Limited Edition Tin
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol 2 Limited Edition Tin
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol 3 Limited Edition Tin
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol 4 Limited Edition Tin
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol 5 Limited Edition Tin
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol 6 Limited Edition Tin
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig vol 7 Limited Edition Tin
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan
DragonBall: Season 1
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa Director's Cut
My Hime: Anime Legends Complete Collection
Negima: Ova
R.O.D. - Read Or Die

Mutsumi said:
R.O.D. - Read Or Die

sup with all the crap?

unellmay said:
Mutsumi said:
R.O.D. - Read Or Die
sup with all the crap?
I don't think any of it is crap. I would not buy DragonBall myself and am yet to get My Hime. But I own and enjoyed everything else on that list although Dokuro-Chan is a bit of a one trick pony.

Back