The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I've heard mixed things about Wing, but for a price like that one can only assume Asda were anxious to get rid of it despite its popularity amongst some.

Or, as you mention, they may have been too occupied with the playful buttock-slapping for which their advertisements are famous. I digress...

So today I actually went to town to buy some stuff, went for Mushishi 5&6, Forbidden Planet only had 6. So looking around I was Gurren Lagann, £30 for 9 episodes? No thanks, so looking around I saw Gundam 00 and was pretty excited, wanted to watch it for a while DUBBED, it's out early too, I check the price, £35 for NINE episodes and this is normal edition too? I really hope this is some joke, I mean, back in the day I paid £20 for four episodes of FMA like a dumb/dedicated anime fan, but god damn, are you SERIOUS? Man, no wonder everyone is buying stuff R1 then complaining about lack of quality library with R2 releases. So being generally dissapointed with lack of interesting titles released recently I bought Black Blood Brothers complete series full of LOL ORIGINAL DO NOT STEAL characters as shown on the front of the DVD case.

tl;dr - Mushishi wasn't on the cards, Gundam 00/GL is ******* EXPENSIVE and I ended up buying CDs and movies instead.

Also, I was with a bro and he was all "**** is expensive" but I just wanted it, in the end I had to be realistic, I mean... I'm no Aion when it comes to buying anime series for like £4.56 from Asda.com but damn.

clipboard02m.jpg

I figured, for 99p x3 and £1.99 x 1, no matter how **** the stuff is I won't feel cheated. Riding Bean has defied the odds (99p) in the past, mind.

As for GunxSword, it's a 7/10 series all the way...but I own 3/7 volumes. Instead of needing to sell them because I can get a box set for cheap in the future, I thought I'd give AOL I go since they're selling each volume of GxS for £3.99.

As Maes pointed out, I need to start living in the real world. There's no point waiting for £2.99 - £3.99 is where it's at.

Got Le Chevalier D'Eon for £3.98 a volume from Play, but since I have no job, sold Final Fantasy X to generate some of the monies. Trading in Kino's Journey for a pitence the rest.

Play.com finally got around to sending out Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU and are, slowly but surely, sending out the single volumes of Guyver with 5 out of the 7 posted.

The collectors edition of Patlabor: The Movie has also been sent plus still waiting on Case Closed Season 5 to arrive (got a feeling customs got their hooks on that)

So much anime, so little time...

All of my Utawarerumono DVDs are packing atm, which means they'll be sent in two days.

None of my Beez DVDs are, though that's probably a good thing considering my ever increasing CC debt.

Aion said:
As Maes pointed out, I need to start living in the real world. There's no point waiting for £2.99 - £3.99 is where it's at.
Got a glol from me, I'll be fair.

Where have you ordered those from? I think I still need to finish off Gun x Sword myself, actually.

clipboard02odm.jpg

Yesterday I decided not to order anymore random series. Today I win an auction for 7 volumes of a series I'd never heard of before.

To be fair, Togari does sound quite good and the cover art looks nice. :D

In other news, Play have shipped 3 volumes of Utawarerunounomonobono.

Aion said:
To be fair, Togari does sound quite good and the cover art looks nice. :D

Togari is not bad, but it was set up to be one of those long running Shonen manga (collect 108 things), which it failed at being canned at 8 volumes.

The Legend of Black Heaven Box Set
I've been interested in this for years but it's Geneon/Pioneer and thus expensive -- at least until it appeared in Right Stuf's weekly specials for $20. Woo.

Roujin Z
Written by Katsuhiro Otomo and, in all honesty, a better film than Akira. Since CPM are gone I figured I should replace my VHS copy while I still can.

Megazone 23 part 1 & 2
"...and a guy with a cool bike can get laid all summer long". How could I not? Part 2 has character designs by Yasuomi Umetsu, so that's win.

fabricatedlunatic said:
The Legend of Black Heaven Box Set
I've been interested in this for years but it's Geneon/Pioneer and thus expensive -- at least until it appeared in Right Stuf's weekly specials for $20. Woo.
Ordered myself a copy as well =)

Patlabor The Movie - Limited Collectors edition arrived today and boy is it heavy.

I gotta say, it's a beauty of a set. 2 disc set with 2 books; first book is the storyboard of the movie, with a shiny silver cover and is rather thick and the second is an archives book which includes; notes, staff and director interviews, sketches, images from promotional items etc. The artwork for the book cover is stunning as well.

I was also surprised to see my set was numbered 207/1000, i wasn't expecting it to be such a low number.

Those kindly folk at Quidco deposited some monies into my Paypal account this morning, so I ordered the remastered Captain Tylor OVA box set from Otaku. I love the TV series and will eventually replace my old DVDs with the remastered edition, but I've not seen the OVAs.

fabricatedlunatic said:
/hi-fives

It sounds like a show that I could absolutely love. Here's hoping.
Completely forgot about the insane checks they run and decided I can't be bothered... It's a shame though, it looked like a nice series.

chaos said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
/hi-fives
It sounds like a show that I could absolutely love. Here's hoping.
Completely forgot about the insane checks they run and decided I can't be bothered... It's a shame though, it looked like a nice series.

Shame. Second Spin have a couple of copies for $32 and are currently running a 25% off promotion. No free shipping, though.

Back