The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Original Macross R1 box. Now that the pound is gaining a bit against the dollar it's come down to a more reasonable price. This will be my first foray into Macross, so I hope I enjoy it.

ayase said:
Original Macross R1 box. Now that the pound is gaining a bit against the dollar it's come down to a more reasonable price. This will be my first foray into Macross, so I hope I enjoy it.
I'm planning on buying this as well. I'm considering my options, but I'll need to wait until my current orders arrive (or are otherwise accounted for) before I make another batch.
On an unrelated note, I'm a little annoyed that PlayUSA don't seem to have the Gundam 0083 collection in their online catalogue. If they did, I could wait for them to give it the golden £17.99 treatment.

Recent manga purchases,

- FMA volumes 8, 11, 12
- Nodame Cantabile volumes 12, 13, 14
- Sumomomo Momomo volume 1
(also known as 'The Strongest Bride on Earth')

The above were all half price as my local Forbidden Planet where I purchased them is closing on the 14/06/09. I'll be buying the majority of my manga online in future.

Anime,

Baccano volume 4 arrived today.

clipboard04a.jpg

When I looked the other day, Train-Man 2 was £6.50 and I couldn't see the third volume. I just had another look after reading the first volume, found both, saw they are both being sold by TBD (and only TBD) for £5.40 and ordered them.

I like buying short series because it's so easy (and cheap!) to get complete collections. :D

As much as I love TBD (they're my book store), they do piss me off with their slow sending speed and price changing. Whenever I order, it seems they lower their price by 30-50p. I haven't even received volume 12 of FMA yet and, during the time it's took for it to arrive, volumes 10-12 have dropped from £4.80 to £4.30. The same thing happened with Uzumaki.

Manga:

Clover omnibus
Black Cat volume 4
Claymore volume 3
Maison Ikkoku volume 2
Higuraishi When they cry volume 1
Ultra Maniac volume 1
One Piece volume 10
School Rumble volume 5
Oh My Goddess volume 3

April,June and July issues of Shonen Jump

Anime:

Love Hina boxset
Oh My Goddess boxset
ROD the tv series volume 1
Negima!? Spring and Summer special

clipboard02spm.jpg

Take that, £15 stores!

PlayUSA sent me an email today, informing me my Phoenix set has been sent, meaning they've sent now sent 3/5 of my OOS order. They may have a retarded monkey handling the pricing, but I like PlayUSA - they haven't failed me yet.

clipboard02cqe.jpg

Ordered from Amazon for £8 yesterday. TBD lowered their price from £8.50 to £7.50 today. Cancelled my Amazon order and re-ordered from them.

Despite it being short, I wasn't going to order this series because of the £8 per volume price. What changed my mind was Dracos pointing out that each volume lasts for twice as long as normal volumes, meaning I can think of it as 2 x £4 instead of 1 x £8. With that new logic, I have no objection to the prices.

I wasn't too hot on Gyo (another of Ito's work) because it was very stupid, but the excellent one-shot at the end of the second volume reminded me what Ito is good at - short stories. He isn't great at connecting the dots and ending things well. And, since it's near enough impossible to find more than four pages online - on the DH website of all places - I thought I'd go for it without reading much of anything beforehand.

The Air collection finally arrived for me a month after ordering. A symbol on the airmail package read 'prioritaire', ironically enough.

Time will tell, I guess. The plot has to stop wandering without any real direction at some point. The fact that I'm at 49/96 (so far) does worry me, though...

--------

clipboard02cnj.jpg

Both series are now ordered in full. I just have to wait on HMV now. :D

Kanon arrived for me today, hot on the tail of its sister series. The package was wrapped in corrugated cardboard instead of sealed and covered bubblewrap, which is odd considering the two products are of similar dimensions and bought from the same retailer.

@Aion. You will have to let the rest of us know when you are ordering from TBD so we can all wait a couple of weeks and order the same things cheaper.

Back