The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

My Mushi-shi & Texhnolyze complete sets came today. Looking forward to watching the two of them, especially Texhnolyze.

Mushi-shi is more for my girl but I'm still interested to see.

My logic can be...flawed. It's silly I know but, when I've just ordered two 12 episode sets for £12, I don't want to pay £13 for another. If the series was supposed to be high quality then I wouldn't mind, but it isn't.

My same flawed logic prevents me from ordering the Bleach box set (2) because I got the first for £15.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Dual 1-4 (El Hazard + Tenchi + Evangelion = surefire win)
Kannazuki no Miko (lesbians + lesbians + lesbians = surefire win)

Stalker.

No money for the FMA or Chrono Crusade mangas, yet plenty for 7/10 mindless fun. I need a Fabio smiley...

109837096136S6G3.jpg

TRS: So, going on what you said before, the Kannazuki set cost you $30 and the Dual DVDs cost you $23, taking you over the customs limit?

Also, what did you need to scan to get them to accept you as one of them?

Aion said:
TRS: So, going on what you said before, the Kannazuki set cost you $30 and the Dual DVDs cost you $23, taking you over the customs limit?
$20 each plus shipping. Over the customs limit in theory, but they should mark the value as $25 ($5 per item).

Also, what did you need to scan to get them to accept you as one of them?
Both sides of your credit card and a bill showing your name and address.

Where does it say they mark everything at $5? Do you need to ask?

I was going to order something to test, but I can't see a box set I want to take the $10 shipping hit to allow me to order other DVDs with it for $5 + $2 shipping. I want to complete my Fighting Spirit collection, which stands at 13/16. No more volumes, apart from the special, are stocked by SS... :/

melonpan said:
I started buying tons of Japanese CDs as well, which was much more acceptable, each being just over a tenner usually, way under the £18 limit, but now all CDs are just under £18 and w/ shipping it brings them to like £20, then with a customs charge is nearly £30, which is ridiculous. It's really a huge shame, because Japanese CDs are pretty damn awesome.

Order from YesAsia. They pay for custom charges beforehand, so you never have to worry. In fact, if for some reason when it arrives they charge you custom charges, all you have to do is send YesAsia a copy of your custom receipt and they will refund you. But I've ordered loads of stuff worth more than £18 from them and have never had that problem. They also have free shipping when you spend a certain amount.

I still have to wait 15 whole days before I'll be able to dispute my missing order from an online store I'm now regretting doing business with. The only thing going through my head at the moment is "should have used UP1" repeating endlessly.

Orders that are sent from America can take over a month. There's no point throwing a hissy fit until at least a full month has passed.

Manga:
Vampire Hunter D Volume 3

Anime: Not a lot of new stuff mainly replacing VHS.
Vampire Hunter D Special Edition
Vampire Hunter D Blood Lust
Macross Plus Volumes 1 & 2
Macross II The Movie
Burn-Up Scramble Volumes 1-3
J2 The Counter Attack Of Siberia Yagyu + Art Box

Was just at boarders books and bought some random manga to try out.
Hopefully there'll be a good series or two somewhere in here.

Manga
Claymore vol. 1
Black Cat vol. 1
D.Gray-Man vol. 3
Saiyuki vol. 1
.hack//G.U.+ vol. 1
Chrono Crusade vol. 1

Back