The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

clipboard02fuw.jpg

I was also going to order 'Museum of Terror'...until I realized that it's a Dark Horse title. No way am I going to pay £8 per volume.

Aion - Train man is the manga about the guy who meets a girl in the train and fall for her?

Edit: just checked wiki and yes, it is. It's supposed to be very good. Let me know what you think later.

Yeah, Fabio mentioned it the other day and reminded me it was on my list. Since I'm in a manga reading mood because of FMA and Uzumaki at the mo, I thought I'd order the first (of three) volumes to see if it's any good.

Last night I won this auction for the OOP Air TV box set. Right now it'd cost more to import the Funimation set and it looks like a nice art box, so I went for it for £17. Whether I like it or not is another matter, though...

Aion said:
Last night I won this auction for the OOP Air TV box set. Right now it'd cost more to import the Funimation set and it looks like a nice art box, so I went for it for £17. Whether I like it or not is another matter, though...
It's obvious, sad and very melodramatic.
I'm not sure it's the kind of series that would work for you.

The movie could be a much nicer experience for you though.

Most anime movies are over-rated trash, so I tend not to like 'em. TV series have more time to explain what the **** is supposed to be going on. Of course, that also means there's longer for a bad story to be bad.

I've pre-ordered BL - S1 & S2 - because they cost only £17.99 each on release, which is good considering MVM usually package their sets well.

I may have rated both 7/10 but Revy is hot, and she wears tight shorts. That's reason enough for me to buy them. A third series coming out is another good reason.

88219485.jpg

I just preorderd the Bleach Series 3 Boxset.
I thought I'd be all clever and wait till it went down to £15 - but since I havn't actually seen any of the episodes on it I'm eager to get on with it!

Aion said:
I may have rated both 7/10 but Revy is hot, and she wears tight shorts. That's reason enough for me to buy them.
Again, what were you complaining about with DearS? ^^;

But good call on the Black Lagoon sets, I'll be ordering those, too.

If memory serves me, slavery, sexism, a retarded plot involving aliens and it being a poor Chobits clone.

I gave Black Lagoon 7/10; not 10/10. And it was Revy's personality AND her looks that made her hot. She's one of the most kickass female anime characters.

So it was an attitude treating women much like objects... objects who fulfill enough of a role simply by wearing tight shorts, perhaps? :p

Now you're really pulling at straws. In terms of the story, Revy herself decided to wear tight shorts, and it isn't as if BL is a fan service series. Yes, you could argue that whoever created her thought of her **** more than her personality, but I doubt it going on how she acts like a dominatrex, often making Rock look like the bitch.

OT: I won auctions for the Starship Operators and Negima specials DVD. Why? Because the former was £10.77 and the latter is a R1 release of a series I'm collecting R1 releases of...for no real reason whatsoever.

Aion said:
I was also going to order 'Museum of Terror'...until I realized that it's a Dark Horse title. No way am I going to pay £8 per volume.

They are not too bad, but nothing really special. Just the same sort of story repeated each time, with a loose narrative going through them all. Also the are only 3 of them and they are 2.5-3 times as thick as the average manga, so £8 is probably not bad.

I see. In that case, I might have to re-think my policy of not paying £8 for a single volume of manga. I'm guessing the volumes are the size of the first volume of Trigun, and that's HUGE.

I'll see if I like Gyo first. If I do, I'll go for a complete Ito set. If I don't, I'll have some lovely looking Viz 2nd edition releases.

You can check out a couple of pages on Dark Horse's web site to see if you like the art and that before getting them. I like the opening lines of text "My Friend Tomie is Dead. Pieces of her body were found scattered everywhere".

Anime
Claymore volumes 5 and 6 (Pre Order)
Darker Than Black volumes 5 and 6 (Pre Order)

Manga
Haruhi Suzumiya volume 3 GN

Back