The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I just ordered the How to Draw Male Characters book from Play.com, i had been waiting for it to come back into stock. Hopefully this will help me to not just draw females all the time :D

Daedalus668 said:
Where did you order Berserk from, out of curiosity? I have a heck of a time getting hold of it.

As Mangaminx said, I ordered it from United Publications, which while some have had delivery and stock problems with, has always served me well.

Chomolungma said:
I've also pre-ordered something much more expensive; a box set of the first half of Twelwe Kingdoms from up1
That's quite a saving if the second boxset is the same price! I bought my DVDs individually and they cost me £160! (well worth every penny mind you :D ).

I haven't bought anything lately, because other than vol 2 of Full Moon wo Sagashite manga, I can't decide what I want and everything I'm following doesn't get a new release until October or November :(
I've had enough of dark, dismal and depressing stories, I need something cute, or something with tons of bishounen in :lol:

I did get my Inuyasha and Kagome figures in the post today though and they're really nice (don't normally go for figures but you can't buy them as dolls :wink: ).

Red XIII said:
Last night I ordered Gunslinger Girl vol 1+artbox, it's only three volumes so I don't feel so guilty about starting yet another series.

Gunslinger Girl is an amazing series. I have the artbox and its really nice, very sturdy too and it comes with a cloth poster. The final volume was very good although a quite sad ending.

I'll tell you what I DIDN'T buy!

Cowboy Bebop: SOLD OUT

Vision of Escaflowne: SOLD OUT

Excel Saga: SOLD OUT

Plenty of Neon Genesis Evangelion though. Just goes to show :p

Melainy said:
Excel Saga: SOLD OUT
Oooh, they had volumes 1, 4, 5 and 6 of Excel at my local MVC for £6.99 in the clearout sale they're having. Didn't buy any though because I have the boxset. ;D

Anyway today I bought Chrono Crusade volume 6 manga. The index page is in twice, and one of the times it's upside down. Annoying! But nevermind. ^-^

Today I picked up...

Salaryman Kintaro Vol.1 DVD: £5.99
Fullmetal Panic Vol.1 DVD: £5.99
and (bargain of the week...)
Rahxephon Vol.1 DVD: £1.99!!!!!! I couldn't belive it!!!

These were all in the MVC clearance sale by the way.

Also got vol.3 of Demon Ororon manga

YAY! Finally found Excel Saga!

Cowboy Bebop Volume 4 still appears to be elusive. I suppose it's back to amazon again then. Sigh - this means I have to WAIT :x

My Berserk DVD set arrived today. Karma truly does balance.

Now all I have to do is region-hack my laptop's DVD software so I don't have to watch it on the TV downstairs and freak my mother out... :shock:

Yesterday I broght manga's A.I Love You vol 1 and Ai Yori Aoshi Vol 1 from waterstones. Which made me laugh since they usually only have about half a dozen manga's, but yesterday they have devoted two shelves to it with signs saying "leading the manga revolution" on the shelves. Had to laugh because down the road Borders have quarter a aisle devoted to manga and about 10 times the amont waterstones have.

Anyways with luck my Wolf's Rain vol 2 dvd and Infinitie Ryvius Box set should be arriving today. Its been about ten days since the order was placed.

My Gokudo DVDs arrived this morning, along with Argento Soma. I had the first DVD of Argento Soma about 2 years ago but for some reason didn't bother with the rest until now. It's not that is was bad, actually it was quite good. I just had too many other things I wanted instead!

I'm hoping my Nadia: Secret of Blue Waters DVDs arrive soon, I need lots of nice light weight anime to watch, as I've had enough of dark and depressing stuff to last me for a very long time :evil:

Today my 'How to Draw Male Characters' book arrived, i've only had a quick look through it so far but i looks really good, it seems to cover quite a bit and i'm sure it's going to be some help :D

Charter_Mage said:
Today my 'How to Draw Male Characters' book arrived, i've only had a quick look through it so far but i looks really good, it seems to cover quite a bit and i'm sure it's going to be some help :D
It should help, as my daughter was really bad at drawing males, but as soon as I bought her a copy of "How to Draw Male Characters", her first attempt was excellent and more recently she's been drawing a few bishounens that look really good (although she's got a thing about drawing them with glasses :lol: ).

Chrono Crusade 7, Gilgamesh 1+artbox, and i've copied RedXIII since I couldn't resist the Gunslinger Girl artbox. Also, the 6th volume of the Chrono Crusade manga.

Miaka-chan said:
It should help, as my daughter was really bad at drawing males, but as soon as I bought her a copy of "How to Draw Male Characters", her first attempt was excellent and more recently she's been drawing a few bishounens that look really good (although she's got a thing about drawing them with glasses :lol: ).
Thats funny, the first one i drew today had glasses :lol: , i seem to have a thing for bishounen with glasses at the moment :) . It does seem like a really good book, and covers lots of details :)

I finally got my copy of Yellow by Makoto Tateno this morning, it felt like I was waiting forever for it to come in stock! Hopefully it's gonna be good, so I can waste my money on volume 2 as well :wink:

Yummy picture, Yellows one of the ones i've been wanting for a while.

Today volume 2 of Fullmetal Alchemist arrived, and i also placed an order for Samurai Champloo volume 1 :)

Back