The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

My copy of Steamboy turned up yesterday, looking forward to watching it and getting a review online :)

I also ordered Wicked City and Cyber City Odeo 808 from UP1. Some 80s classics from Kawajiri (of Ninja Scroll, VHD: Bloodlust fame).

Concrete badger said:
is that the R1 version of Steamboy? i'm starting to get impatient now and might cancel my R2 preorder...

Yup. And I had to wait over two weeks for UP1 to get it imported over so I suggest you do it now and minimise any delay.

Paul said:
My copy of Steamboy turned up yesterday, looking forward to watching it and getting a review online :)

I also ordered Wicked City and Cyber City Odeo 808 from UP1. Some 80s classics from Kawajiri (of Ninja Scroll, VHD: Bloodlust fame).

Heck I remember these from their original airing on channel 4, wasn`t there a sequel to Wicked City. The name eludes me but for some reason my brain is thinking Monster City which must be wrong.

Cyber City Odeo 808 kinda reminds me of a futuristic battle royal. Might have to buy it once I`ve completed a few series and got a few more box sets I got my eye on.

Anyways my FMP:Fumoffu vol2 dvd arived from UP1 today, yaaayyyyy had me in stitches throughout. Roll on Vol 3 and Second raid series :twisted:

My Paranoia Agent OST arrived yesterday- good stuff even if it is a bit heavy on the remixes (and there are altogether too many Maromis on the packaging ;) ).

Last night I finally gave into temptation and ordered Haibane Renmei volumes 3+4 (yes, they're R1, but I can't wait any longer)...I'll also be ordering Last Exile volume 5 today and one manga volume (as yet undecided as to what that will be).

I just got back from Books etc and Waterstones, I went to get Case Closed Volume 3 but neither shops had it :( But came back with Saiyuki Volume 1 and Samurai Deeper Kyo Volume 1 insted :D

Ramen89 said:
:( But came back with Saiyuki Volume 1 and Samurai Deeper Kyo Volume 1 insted :D

If it's any consolation Saiyuki's a fantastic read, hope you enjoy it. :)

Today I got my copy of Haibane Renmei #3, although I had to have it shipped from the states it was most definitely worth the wait, I even got a pencil board thrown in for my troubles. ;)

Today I got the last dvd of cowboy bebop, man I teared up at the last episode. Also got Vol 5 of GITS: SAC still c an`t find ROD TV vol 2 anywhere really starting to bug me that.

Today i got:
Anime:
Chrono Crusade volume 2

Manga:
Model volume 3
D.N.Angel volume 4
and Fake volume 6 (though i still havn't actually got volume 5, so i'm going to have to order that first, it always shows when i really like a particular manga because i buy volumes even if i don't have all the previous ones up to it :lol: ) :D

After an agonising wait Barclays finally straightened out my bank account so today I was able to order myself a few goodies.

From my new importer of choice Caiman USA (unbelievably thrifty :p) I ordered Gantz #7+ Artbox and from United Publications the closing vol of Gunslinger Girl.

Large scale manga pre-order today, which should come in about two years or so: HxH 4, Bleach 9, FB 12, Chrono Crusade 7, Berserk 9, Monster and Death Note 1. Some of them aren't released until October, but I really do need all of them as fast as possible. In the meantime, an order of the 5th volume of the Eva manga, Saikano manga 5 and and 6th of Trigun Maximum.

I've also pre-ordered something much more expensive; a box set of the first half of Twelwe Kingdoms from up1, and the Saikano complete collection from the same site.

Back