The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Over the past week the anime i have bought...

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle volume 6.

Gad Guard complete collection.

Slayers volume 4.

Ergo Proxy volume 1 (actually this was a free dvd as part of the pack i recieved for joining the uk anime club).

Trinity Blood Boxset.

Bleach series 3 part 1.

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue volume 6.

I bought a few things at SecondSpin and a few things from a bunch of other places lately.

Naruto 11 (I know I know)
Project A-ko (finally, a VHS upgrade to let me throw more away)
Gasaraki 1 (because I already have the second volume and it looked stupid on my shelf - 99p from A-O-L was a good price even for a series I didn't like)
Ranma season 6

Most of the UK things I've been after have been pushed back but I'm hanging on for Ouran and Jyu Oh Sei!

R

Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (manga) volume 1.

I actually pre-ordered it in November, but Amazon decided to be an idiot and deny that I even did, while still taking the money. :x
So I ordered it from anime-on-line instead. I ordered plushies from them before, so I think it'll be okay. :'D

Today the postman brought me Higurashi: When They Cry vol 1 + Artbox and the second Full Metal Panic! Light Novel, although in all my time using The Book Despository i've never recieved a book like in a condition like this one. The spine damage was quite surprising :(

The first volume of Tanpenshu, a two-volume collection of short stories by Eden's Hiroki Endo. It's a risky purchase because while I found Eden to be fascinating and thought-provoking, the violence was occasionally too sadistic for my taste.

fabricatedlunatic said:
The first volume of Tanpenshu, a two-volume collection of short stories by Eden's Hiroki Endo. It's a risky purchase because while I found Eden to be fascinating and thought-provoking, the violence was occasionally too sadistic for my taste.

FFS! Stop buying crap!!! Go into the sales thread, go on Play and buy more Death Note. Screw Tantetsu, ******* turtle sounding thing.

On-topic: I ordered volumes 2-3 of Death Note yesterday. Volume 1 for £5, volume 2 for £8 and volume 3 for £10. According to my Essien calculator, that comes to £23 - not far from £4 per disc. I'm happy.

In other news, I now have the steelbook releases of 3/4 of Hellsing Ultimate. I just need volume 3.

Negima Re-imagined & Uncut Part 2
Tokyo Majin Part 2 (Nearly freaked when it said eps 1-12 I thought they had sent the wrong set)
The Wallflower Part 2

The annoying thing with Tokyo Majin and The Wallflower is that the second parts don't match the individual DVDs I have for the first parts. May keep my eye out for second hand or cheap first part collections to match.

Aion said:
FFS! Stop buying crap!!! Go into the sales thread, go on Play and buy more Death Note.
...nah, too expensive. I'll wait for the inevitable thinpak later this year (or, even better, the inevitable reduction of said thinpak to fifty percent of its initial price within a month of release).

It's rather strange how I put up my nose at paying £5 per volume, yet I don't mind paying £10 for two together. My mind is a mystery, even to me.

Death Note is an execption for me because it's in my top 5, 2nd to be precise. It's rather silly of me to collect the series individually when, like you say, Manga will, in 2011, release a thinpack, which will sell for £25 at some point. I even like thinpacks...

Anyway. I'd derive pleasure from arguing with you over Death Note once you've watched it all, so hurry up and do so. I can only enjoy mentioning your 6/10 rating so many times a year.

Aion said:
fabricatedlunatic said:

FFS! Stop buying crap!!! Go into the sales thread, go on Play and buy more Death Note. Screw Tantetsu, ******* turtle sounding thing.

If the short stories are anything like Eden I believe Death Note would be the "crap", Aion.

Back