The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Volume 5 of Chocolat - quite possibly the best Korean manwha I have read. After Ice Kunion went bankrupt I was worried that this series was to join that long list of 'manga without an ending.'

Also bought the new Shojo Beat!

Continuing with the Astro Boy-themed buying today, I've just ordered Manga's "Greatest Astro Adventures" collection of 7 noteworthy episodes of the anime series. And all for a mere 5.50 Euro. Yay! :]

CitizenGeek said:
I spent the morning listening to AnimeWorldOrder's Osamu Tezuka special, and so I had a great urge to buy the Astro Boy manga and that's exactly what I did. Vol. 1 was a little tricky to track down, and I think it'll be the same for vols. 2 and 3 but after that, it'll get much easier because all subsequent volumes are in stock at Play.com ^__^

LOL you're on a roll and couldn't wait until September for Astro Boy then? :D
Yep Dororo 2 is out and 3 will be in August. It's a good thing you started on Phoenix too as you never know how long there'll be copies lying around. Viz did do a rather nice job on them.
You haven't given up on these I hope? Persist in the hunting, banzaaai.
And you do have this don't you? If you don't then I strongly recommend it to you. Here's an article about the book and writer, he also translated Astro Boy and Phoenix into English among other things and actually knew The Man himself.

- - - - -

I was feeling a bit girly today so I got Love*Com vol 7 and Skip Beat 13 plus Eiji Yoshiwara's Musashi (okey this isn't manga, but who doesn't want a 900+ pages dumdudum life and times of Musashi for the summer holls? Well I do 8)

Manga Girls said:
Volume 5 of Chocolat - quite possibly the best Korean manwha I have read. After Ice Kunion went bankrupt I was worried that this series was to join that long list of 'manga without an ending.'

I was so relieved too that Yen Press picked up a lot of the Ice Kunion titles. The one I'm most waiting for though is Goong, I have such a soft spot for the Korean live action drama of it.

Trigunette said:

Why? What's happening with Astro Boy in September? O:

No, no, just having some trouble hunting down vol. 2 is all :/

And you do have this don't you? If you don't then I strongly recommend it to you. Here's an article about the book and writer, he also translated Astro Boy and Phoenix into English among other things and actually knew The Man himself.

No, haven't got that yet. I think I'll read some more Tezuka first, then get the book :] Osamu Tezuka really is the absolute best mangaka ever, right?

Sy said:
Did a little looking around on amazon.co.uk and found that it's available on the marketplace here.

Thanks, Sy, but it's actually the paperback version I'm looking for (because my vol. 1 is paperback, so I'm going to collect the whole series that way) and it's tough to find that at a decent price. Thanks anyways, though :]

welcome to the N.H.K volume 1, Beauty Pop volume 2 and The Gentleman's Cross Alliance Volume 6.
a pretty good haul, for one day xD

CitizenGeek said:
Trigunette said:

Why? What's happening with Astro Boy in September? O:

Dark Horse had that volume 1 & 2 omnibus of Astro Boy, that's all :)
I'm waiting until then. Did you get Metropolis btw?

Weirdness of weird is that DMP (usually mostly BL manga, not this one though) is going to do Osamu Tezuka's Swallowing The Earth, a somewhat lesser known and more adult work from him, coming out sometime beginning of next year.

CitizenGeek said:
Trigunette said:

No, no, just having some trouble hunting down vol. 2 is all :/

No, haven't got that yet. I think I'll read some more Tezuka first, then get the book :] Osamu Tezuka really is the absolute best mangaka ever, right?

I certainly look very fondly at my Osamu Shelf LOL

Btw are you limited in some way where you get your stuff from? At how decent a price? How about here:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/1932234 ... e=&seller=

or check down the list here:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/1 ... f=dp_olp_1

If your thinking second hand with some wear and tear, how about this:

http://www.betterworld.com/Buddha-Vol-2 ... 21561.aspx

Well you don't have to despair though, I still have 2, 3, 4 spare copies
on my to-flog-off-in-the-indefinite-future shelf. 8)

Trigunette said:
Dark Horse had that volume 1 & 2 omnibus of Astro Boy, that's all :)
I'm waiting until then. Did you get Metropolis btw?

Ah, I see. Well I'm not that concerned about just collecting them one by one :]

Nope, didn't order that yet. Not sure why, I think I just want to spend my money on growing my collection of longer Tezuka series like Phoenix and Buddha. Have you read it yet?

Weirdness of weird is that DMP (usually mostly BL manga, not this one though) is going to do Osamu Tezuka's Swallowing The Earth, a somewhat lesser known and more adult work from him, coming out sometime beginning of next year.

Aw, for a minute I thought there was a gay-themed romance work from Tezuka and I was incredibly excited. I'll be on the lookout for it, anyway!

I certainly look very fondly at my Osamu Shelf LOL

My manga shelf is starting to turn into more of a Tezuka shelf. He really had an extraordinary body of work, so I imagine collecting it all would be a very, very expensive pursuit.

Btw are you limited in some way where you get your stuff from? At how decent a price? How about here:

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/1 ... f=dp_olp_1

No, I'm not really limited, I was just being fussy about the price! Thanks for the Amazon.fr link; It never struck me to check any of those sites. Amazon.fr is perfect because the price is in euros and I'm fairly competent in French. Good prices, too. I think I'll be using Amazon.fr's "Livres en anglais" section a lot more often! :]

Sorry for not supporting the Uk industry but I ordered the Lupin III: Secret of Mamo DVD from Madman in Australia. I can't be bothered waiting until August. It's already been put back twice as it is.

Sy said:
Sorry for not supporting the Uk industry but I ordered the Lupin III: Secret of Mamo DVD from Madman in Australia. I can't be bothered waiting until August. It's already been put back twice as it is.

Traitor :p

I'm not as big a fan of Lupin III, so I can wait :]

CitizenGeek said:
And I finally caved to this weird urge to buy MPD Psycho vol. 1 on the book depository :]

One of the best choices you will ever make, and within minutes of you receiving it you will get urges to buy the rest of the available volumes : P

Back