The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

tidusffxwakka said:
bought a full metal alchemist novel book of some kind? not sure whether it fits in with the anime or manga but seems to be fine lol

I've seen those around. I think they are side stories to the anime, they looked pretty good anyway! Be sure to tell me what you think of it! ^_^

Sy said:
Ah. Its out. I've been waiting to get a hold've that - I'd really want something that mentions its a tenth anniversary product though, Sadly that ain't the case. Yet. Also! You better not forget to post about what the box and shizzle is like when it turn up at your door - It looks a bit different to the normal Anime Legends M-Locks, Even though its probably just two off them in a slip case together or something of the sort.

Up1 have it listed for next month with a price off £24.50 so I think I'll get it from them.

Dracos said:
Sy said:
Question on Bebop is the "Remix" version okay to get or should you really be looking out for an "original" if you can get hold of it, or is it worth getting both if you can find them.
Sorry for stealing the answer from Sy. The Remix sets are just remasters.. So it has better visuals and nicer sounding Kanno music. The only reason not to get the Remix sets is if you are a perfectionist and/or don't like anything new. But otherwise - Your much better off getting them like this, Cheap as well.

I never understood the mentality of owning two copes of near identical stuff so if you want both you should ask yourself that question.

Jayme said:
Dracos said:
Sy said:
Question on Bebop is the "Remix" version okay to get or should you really be looking out for an "original" if you can get hold of it, or is it worth getting both if you can find them.
Sorry for stealing the answer from Sy. The Remix sets are just remasters.. So it has better visuals and nicer sounding Kanno music. The only reason not to get the Remix sets is if you are a perfectionist and/or don't like anything new. But otherwise - Your much better off getting them like this, Cheap as well.

I never understood the mentality of owning two copes of near identical stuff so if you want both you should ask yourself that question.

I thought they had changed the music sound track for a different style of music (having not seen either version of the series I could not say which I prefer) so was wondering if that had affected the release in any other way.

Dracos said:
I thought they had changed the music sound track for a different style of music (having not seen either version of the series I could not say which I prefer) so was wondering if that had affected the release in any other way.
No no. The music is exactly the same as the original version. All this version has is newly mixed 5.1 audio and touched up picture quality. Nothing has been edited or changed from the show itself.

Given the immense popularity of the soundtrack I don't think they would dare change it.

Sy said:
Dracos said:
No no. The music is exactly the same as the original version. All this version has is newly mixed 5.1 audio and touched up picture quality. Nothing has been edited or changed from the show itself.

Given the immense popularity of the soundtrack I don't think they would dare change it.

Right I am probably getting it mixed up with one of the other "Remix" series that came out a couple of years back, I know one of them changed the music track, not just remixing the audio as 5.1 sound.

Had to buy vol. 3 of the Evangelion manga, because the one I got first time around was from the original release and so does not fit in with my other volumes. It sucks that this stuff bothers me, but meh!

Shinkai Collection arrived today and i sat and watched them both straight away. :eek: WOW :eek: I really enjoyed Voices of a Distant Star, but The Place Promised in Our Early Days was just perfect. It's probably my favourite film now. So glad i finally got round to purchasing it.

Todays post yielded volumes 1, 2 and 4 of Chibi Vampire manga, hopefully tommorow will bring 3, 5 and 6 as I ordered them all from thebookdepositry at the same time. As it was my first order I am a little disapointed they don't send a confirmation email to say they have sent stuff.

Todays haul.

Manga:
Chibi Vampire volumes 3,5 and 6
Spiral volume 2

Anime:
Comic party revolution complete collection.
Venus versus virus volume 2.
Ah My Goddess Flights Of Fancy Volume 5.

Back