The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Didn't get my Applessed or RahXephon vol. 3 DVDs in the post today :[

However, I did order some manga! Yuri Monogatari~5 and Cute Beast, to be precise! The former of which is a collection of yuri shorts and the latter is a collection of shonen-ai shorts ^__^

001.jpg

Is it too big? >_>

Ah! A picture of it.

It looks fantastic. It's just a shame it doesn't contain all the extras that the Japanese kanzeban edition did. Well, more or less most of them, but there are a lot of colour pages missing - apparently.

Viz just never seem to be able to get it right. Shame on them.
Also, shame on them for being the only company not to give a damn about the fans by never posting on forums or anything.
Shame on them for licensing so many awesome series, them mucking them up, when a great many other publishers could do a better job. *Points towards Del Rey and Dark Horse*

Whoa, that is very big, indeed! I have a copy of Ode to Kirihito, and it's about that size!

How many volumes of mega-Rurouni is there going to be before it's finished?

CitizenGeek said:
How many volumes of mega-Rurouni is there going to be before it's finished?
Eight or nine, there's 28 volumes of Kenshin and it's like 3 volumes per "Viz Big" volume, so yeah.

EDIT: Btw, if you want pictures of the actual Viz Big Issue just ask.

Seeing as the kanzeban is meant to have special extras that weren't in the tankoubon releases, I'd think it's pretty safe to say yes (in the case of a general Japanese release). Though in this case it seems that Viz have just reproduced the tankoubons.

The Viz Big is much better quality paper too...looks gorgeous. If I didn't already own the first 16 or so volumes of Kenshin, I'd SO buy it.

Went to Liverpool today and got...

DVD
School Rumble 1 avec tin

Books
Naruto 25 + 27 (already had 26)
Black Cat 12
Muhyo & Rohji 2
Kurohime 3
Strawberry 100% 3
Pretty Face 3
HXH 11-13
DBZ 13 + 14