The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

DaNiMe said:
Could you post some pictures when you have the full set please ^^ It's all well and good seeing them on the Up1 website, but it's nice to see the size comparison in real life, as well as the detail. Although I can't find the 1/8th Haruhi model on Up1 o_o.

Sure no probs :) yeah, I was lucky to get the Haruhi figure, think I managed to get it on the second production run before it completely went out of stock.
Max Factory ones can be hard to get as they seem to do small runs; I'm sooo looking forward to their new Ayu (Kanon) figure, so much so I'm not risking it and getting it from HLJ :)

oh, btw DaNiMe, I'm guessing your a Shana fan, have you got the "Fine Scenery Shana w/ Sword 1/8 Scale PVC Figure"? The picture on UP just doesn't do it justice ;)

p.s. Don't temp me with that Trinity Blood figure, I already have a K's worth of preorders :eek:

Fellistowe said:
oh, btw DaNiMe, I'm guessing your a Shana fan, have you got the "Fine Scenery Shana w/ Sword 1/8 Scale PVC Figure"? The picture on UP just doesn't do it justice ;)

Nope I haven't. The only models I have are ones included with artboxes (which is what I'm trying to collect at the moment). As soon as I get some money together I'm going to get some models though, Shana being one of those, ohh I'm so excited about the 2nd season and the movie, can't wait to hear the 4 new songs that will be put in the 2nd season : o.

Thanks for doing the pictures as well ^_^.

EDIT: Actually on the topic of Shana, I can't wait for the OVA + artbox that should be coming out some time soon, I was really annoyed that the original run of volumes didn't come with anything :/

DaNiMe said:
As soon as I get some money together I'm going to get some models though, Shana being one of those, ohh I'm so excited about the 2nd season and the movie, can't wait to hear the 4 new songs that will be put in the 2nd season : o.

When I get home I'll be evil and get to work with my digital camera ;)

Yeah, October can't roll round fast enough for me!! Feels like forever waiting for that 2nd season...
I'm a bit um,er'ish about the movie, since its just a re-hash of the first series. Will still end up buying it when released though :D

DaNiMe said:
EDIT: Actually on the topic of Shana, I can't wait for the OVA + artbox that should be coming out some time soon, I was really annoyed that the original run of volumes didn't come with anything :/

*ears perk up* Nya!? ooh, wasn't aware of that; I've been cursing Geneon something stupid for the lack of artbox with Shana, that bit of news has just made my day completely! Could you poke me with the release date when you know it please?

Fellistowe said:
*ears perk up* Nya!? ooh, wasn't aware of that; I've been cursing Geneon something stupid for the lack of artbox with Shana, that bit of news has just made my day completely! Could you poke me with the release date when you know it please?

I'll probably do a news post when I find the date. I mentioned this in my Otakon 2007 information (or it might have been Anime Expo 2007). So yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait to see the movie, even if it is a remake of the series, it'll be good DVD quality, which the fansubs lacked (there was only a DVD-rip for the first few episodes :( ). I will have to again find some more money to fill the Shana artbox as well, the quality of the DVDs was very good.

I did some searching but couldn't find anywhere my post on Anime Expo 2007... I'm sure I did post something for it o_O.
Anyway I searched AnimeOnDVD (which is where I got the information from) and this is it:

-Hellsing Ultimate is being targeted for October 2007 with another steelcase LE edition but the date isn't set in stone.
-Geneon has licensed the Shakugan no Shana OVA (1 episode, 26 minutes)
-It will be sold the same as the Mahoromatic OVA was; separately as well as with a box for the entire series

-Guardian of the Sacred Spirit was shown a bit and it was indicated that the release may be out quicker than most expect.
-Geneon has acquired the first two seasons of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Note: "Guardian of the Sacred Spirit" is "Seirei no Moribito " . I think. Which is brilliant as this is said to be a totally amazing anime, like one of those rare super super anime's you get every so often. I've not seen it yet however, so I can't comment ^^.

Cool! Ta for that. I seem to remember seeing the news on the OVA, but totally missed the bit about the artbox :)

DaNiMe said:
Note: "Guardian of the Sacred Spirit" is "Seirei no Moribito " . I think. Which is brilliant as this is said to be a totally amazing anime, like one of those rare super super anime's you get every so often. I've not seen it yet however, so I can't comment ^^.

Yup, it is :) I'd have to say Seirei is pretty damn good, just on the production quality alone. The level of detail on some of the fight sequences really has to be seen to be believed, truly breath-taking. To quote one of my friends, they must have spent the same budget as most 13 ep series just on a single episode of spinning coins.
Good story too, with a slightly slow but balanced pace. An immediate purchase of any S/E as soon as I see one :)

p.s. I still think Balsa is the great ancestor of Motoko Kusanagi from GITS ;)

(couldn't find a "figures and collectables" section on the forum, so I'll plonk it here)

OK, please forgive the bad camera work (I really need a good light source, oh and some skill), but here are some pics of my recent shana figure purchases:

First up, the 1/8 Fine Scenery figure:

and also a nice one of Shana with a huge mellon bread, which I picked up down at expo:

and this is mostly my figure collection to date, as I said, I've only just started...

Just give me a poke if you want any pic's of any of them :D

Ohh thanks a lot for those, they all look positively awesome! They're quite a bit bigger than I expected as well, compared to the ones I have that have come with artboxes and the like.

How do you keep them all dust free though!? They're not in a cabinet or anything : x. Must have to get a little ear-wad (is that even the word) or something xD. I had to stuff all mine in my cupboard because they just get dusty so quickly : x.

EDIT: That melon-bread is positively huge haha.

DaNiMe said:
How do you keep them all dust free though!? They're not in a cabinet or anything : x.

It's a new-build apartment, so hasn't had much of a chance to get dusty yet ;)
New bookshelves with glass fronted doors are on the "to buy" list though, but I've got to get my costume for Fuyucon first (trying to import various bits and bobs for a shinto cosplay from Japan, may succeed in time, may not) and then an LCD TV :) Of course trying to save up for such things with so many nice figures and DVD's out there, well that's another matter.... :D

DaNiMe said:
Noratav said:
Received all seven volumes of Madlax today.

For £14... Wish I had got to that sooner ^^.

Ditto. Did you order 2-6 like me?

Ordered 1-4 of Elfen Lied for £23.96 today. Best UK price we'll be seeing for each volume for awhile and the M-lock box set probably won't be dropping lower than that for ages.

Aion said:
and the M-lock box set probably won't be dropping lower than that for ages.

I've said this a few times. :D

Its not a M-Lock case. Its a normal DVD sized case. My guess is that it has 2 disks stuck both sides of the case.

Back