The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Well yesterday i bourght: here we go...

Porco Rosso, Kiki's Delivery Service, Pom Poko, Fullmetal Alchemist Volumes 1-8 with 2 Virgin exclusive tins. And finally i got GitS: SAC 2nd GIG, and wait for it... only £18 in virgin megastore. They must've made a mistake, because the single volumes were £15 each!!
Then i orderd GitS: Solid State Society with a HMV exclusive tin.

Now today or tommorow i'm gonna order a Motoko Kusanagi (GitS) figure for £50, a load of Bleach, Naruto, FMA, GitS, and Negima patches and a couple of Bleach netsuke for my bag.

Oh ye and i pre-order a Tsuruya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu) figure...

And i might get some Bleach trading figures too..

It just goes on...

Maltos said:
Fullmetal Alchemist Volumes 1-8 with 2 Virgin exclusive tins.
Then i orderd GitS: Solid State Society with a HMV exclusive tin.

Can you explain what these tins look like please, and/or provide some pictures of them? : D.
It'd be interesting if one was the first US tin, although that's pretty unlikely.

Her ya go...

It's a promotion a Virgin Megastores, if you buy 4 volumes of FMA at the sale price of £9 each, you get a free tin (see pics below).

They hold 4 volumes each which is strange because there are 13 altogether... (4+4+4=12...)
They were selling really quick and when i went in a couple of days later to get another tin they didn't have any.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7774/100a1259lp4.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5209/100a1263ls5.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5601/100a1264ge2.jpg
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7374/100a1266mx4.jpg

Image shack wouldnt upload the last pic so i'll try again later

The GitS DVD is is the post now so now pics of that except from the HMV site:
"HMV Exclusive Steel Packaging This limited edition exclusive version of Ghost In The Shell: Solid State Society comes in a highly collectable steel case, which contains the regular double disc DVD inside."

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=12;5;68;-1&sku=670405[/url]

Got Naruto manga vols 16-18 today, 18 has a sheet of vol 1-4's cover art stickers (vol 21 will have 5-8 sticks, vol 24 9-12 stickers, vol 27 13-16 stickers but stickers for 17-27 are exclusive to US Shonen Jump subscribers :()

Maltos said:
Her ya go...

heh, if memory serves me correctly the red case was the second of the US collectors tins (basically exactly the same, wasn't it black for the first and white for the third? Will have to check my shelf when I get home)

That GITS:SSS case looks very similar to the US S/E case, except that had 3 disks in it (soundtrack as well).

Just bough Heat Guy J coz the series was going for next to nothing. Know nothing about the series but was running out of things to watch. Maybe I should have questioned the quaility based on the price?

:p

GITS/GITS 2....I've never seen either, so I thought it was about time!

The Tenchi movie boxset too...been after it for months, only just got around to buying it!

I've got enough 'ipoints' now to get myself a DVD, but I can't decide on wether to get Castle of Cagliostro now, or wait and spend the points on one of the many things coming out next month ;(

voddas said:
Just bough Heat Guy J coz the series was going for next to nothing. Know nothing about the series but was running out of things to watch. Maybe I should have questioned the quaility based on the price?

Excellent choice!

Not really bought today, but throughout the week...

Madlax disks 1 to 7
Tenchi Muyo season 3 tin
New Cutey Honey disks 1 and 2
Bubblegum Crash
Moon Phase disk 1 and disk 2 with collectors box
Kino disk 1
GitS:Sac:SSS

Air Gear manga vol 5

CitizenGeek said:
I've got enough 'ipoints' now to get myself a DVD, but I can't decide on wether to get Castle of Cagliostro now, or wait and spend the points on one of the many things coming out next month ;(

voddas said:

Excellent choice!

Well, by your reaction, I'm hoping it's gonna be a good watch.

If not, then you'll be hearing from my lawyer!! :twisted:

Got my order of RahXephon vol. 2 and The Notenki Memoirs today! ^_^

voddas said:
CitizenGeek said:

voddas said:

Excellent choice!

Well, by your reaction, I'm hoping it's gonna be a good watch.

If not, then you'll be hearing from my lawyer!! :twisted:

Trust me, you'll enjoy it! It's a really enjoyable series and the music is just fantastic!

Just ordered the first volume of the Evangelion manga. I really spending an awful lot of money on Eva - spin off manga, the actual manga, figures, soundtracks - I'm like a marketer's dream!

I've heard the manga and anime are much the same at the start but slowly it branches it off. Also, I heard Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is planning a completely different ending to this version of Eva!

Back