The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Just ordered the second Evangelion OST for €10 ^_^

Jayme said:
MONONOKE said:
my naruto headband came in the post today.

Why do people buy these things.

XD

Well, because .... erm ... .actually I don't know entirely why people do! I know I spent about €150 on Evangelion, Final Fantasy and FMA merchandise these past few days anyway - it's fun, I guess!

The Record of Lodoss War OVA Collection came this morning.. really happy about that, ever since I saw the opening for the TV series it made me wonder what it was all about. I hope the TV series is sent soon... hard to get CPM titles now. I really hope Now and Then Here and There is sent soon as well, it's got people saying great stuff about it all the time.
I really love all these older anime's, and after seeing the trailers on the Media Blasters' discs I want to get more ^^.
I hope the opening and endings to this OVA will be like Kiseki no Umi, from the TV series (by Maaya Sakamoto) : D

Link100p said:
DaNiMe said:
Link100p said:
And so you have to spend money because you like a show? Seems like a waste.

Your comments here seem like a waste to me.
Not at all, I am just asking someone a question, and they have yet to give a reasonable answer, if anything I'm trying to save them money.

Sorry, but how do you intend to save us money again? It's not like we just mindlessly buy these things because companies want us to. I just can't properly word the reasons I buy merchandise.

Well, I am just saying, why do people buy Merchandise? Anime or other wise. Like someone buying a band t-shirt for £15 when they could get them at ASDA for in a pack of five for £3, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Link100p said:

If a person gets enjoyment from buying something they like, it's never a waste.
Why does someone buy a vase for their table? The table works perfectly fine without a vase on it; the person buys it because they like it and it brings them enjoyment in owning it. Same goes with anime merchandise.

I've just started getting into buying anime figures, it costs the earth (especially importing from Japan), I could buy 3 DVD's for the price of one figure, but I like the look of them and it makes me happy every time I see them on the shelves.

I can't think of a better reason than that, can you?

Link100p said:
Well, I am just saying, why do people buy Merchandise? Anime or other wise. Like someone buying a band t-shirt for £15 when they could get them at ASDA for in a pack of five for £3, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Because some of us aren't cheap skates :roll:

I ordered the second Neon Genesis Evangelion OST yesterday and it was posted this morning! Still no sign of my second Cowboy Bebop boxset, though. Makes me not want to use Sendit.com ever again :(

Fellistowe said:
Link100p said:

Why does someone buy a vase for their table? The table works perfectly fine without a vase on it; the person buys it because they like it and it brings them enjoyment in owning it. Same goes with anime merchandise.

I've just started getting into buying anime figures, it costs the earth (especially importing from Japan), I could buy 3 DVD's for the price of one figure, but I like the look of them and it makes me happy every time I see them on the shelves.

Yeah, got to agree with this. Everytime I see my Eva Unit 01 or my Judge Gabranth figure, it just makes me happy! ^_^

Fellistowe said:
Link100p said:

I see what you are saying, but I will never understand why. Even buying decorations for a house, like a vase.

Because some of us aren't cheap skates
Buy cheap things just makes sense, they are of same quality just with no stupid logo or name on it.

Link100p said:
I see what you are saying, but I will never understand why. Even buying decorations for a house, like a vase.

Ultimately then it's going to boil down to how you personally perceive the intrinsic worth of an object; a materialistic nature (which most of us westerners prescribe to) is generally putting aesthetic values above practical worth, but then, even from a Utilitarianism point of view an item which brings the most happiness has great worth.
(and what the heck did I just write!?)
To sum up, if it makes you happy, roll with it ;)

Oh, and to get back on topic:

Should have "Aoi House in Love! 1: The Great Con Caper" waiting for me on the doormat for me when I get back, UP have just dispatched "Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days 6", "To Heart 4: Love and Truth (Hyb) Limited Edition + Artbox", and "Utawarerumono 5: Price of Freedom", and I got my 1/8th scale Max Factory Yuki Nagato (a really great figure!) a few days ago to go along with the 1/8th Haruhi figure. So had to order the Mikuru to go with them both, just waiting on stock :)

Fellistowe said:
I got my 1/8th scale Max Factory Yuki Nagato (a really great figure!) a few days ago to go along with the 1/8th Haruhi figure. So had to order the Mikuru to go with them both, just waiting on stock :)

Could you post some pictures when you have the full set please ^^ It's all well and good seeing them on the Up1 website, but it's nice to see the size comparison in real life, as well as the detail. Although I can't find the 1/8th Haruhi model on Up1 o_o.
I must say though, looking down the Haruhi models, they're really amazing quality, I'll be saving up for them as soon as I can ^^.

FIGEYE002.jpg

That will look uber sexy on my shelf, if and when I can afford it, as well as the other Trinity Blood one. :p

Back