Summer 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

Buzz201 said:
sniper_samurai said:
Viewster are addin Blood Blockade Battlefront shortly

Viewster said:
UK/IE + Scandi - Announcement: We are soon adding 'Blood Blockade Battlefront' to our collection! More details soon. http://t.co/gY8nX9P4ws

In the words of Scott Mills or that creepy Gaga Follower, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D

So presumably Viewster have done a deal with FUNimation for that? I suppose we'll know shortly...
I think this is what you are looking for
giphy.gif

I'm guessing the BBB delay at the moment is due to subtitling, hopefully they'll get the series up in time to simulcast the finale on the 5th/6th (I think.)

sniper_samurai said:
I think this is what you are looking for
giphy.gif

Well, using that would have made me look slightly less 'special'... :)

Aniplex of America have licensed Charlotte, Classroom Crisis and Wagnaria!!3 (alongside the second part of Durarara!! X 2), all of them will be streamed on Crunchyroll, Daisuki and Viewster (all three regions will be determined).

I honestly never saw any trailers for Charlotte until now, I'm hyped. I'll watch Classroom Crisis and Durarara!! also (haven't seen the previous seasons of Wagnaria!! so I can't jump into the final season).

UPDATE:

Aniplex of America also have GOD EATER, which is available to us via Daisuki.

Last edited by a moderator:
NEW ADDITIONS [CATALOG!/LATE-SIMULCAST]:

Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka - Episodes 01-12 [Only place to watch legally!]
Site: Viewster

Gunslinger Girl (Season 1) - Episodes 01-13

Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino (Season 2) - Episodes 01-13 (+ 2 OVAs)

Mikagura School Suite (Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku) - Episodes 01-12 [Only place to watch legally!]

Reborn! (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!) (Season 6) - Episodes 141-153

NormanicGrav said:
It seems to be a trend for Viewster titles that start off as European only then suddenly end up being made available for the UK - in other words it's possible that we might expect to see Mikagura School Suite (Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku) to appear at some point for the UK from Viewster.

Called it!

Anywho surprised to see Gunslinger Girl on there. If I recall they were made available on the US side because of Funimation. It might be possible to see more Funimation titles (which they have UK rights for) to appear on the UK side of Viewster, similar to Ouran High School Host Club.

If Viewster are going back to get some titles they don't have UK rights to, Rinne (Kyōkai no Rinne) looks quite interesting...

Not a huge fan of them putting 'simulcasts' up all at the end of the season - it wrecks my free time! But definitely good news that more and more of these locked shows are making their way across to us now.

R

Rui said:
Not a huge fan of them putting 'simulcasts' up all at the end of the season - it wrecks my free time! But definitely good news that more and more of these locked shows are making their way across to us now.

R

At least this way, you get to skip all the crap ones or shows that burn out part way through their run...

Buzz201 said:
Rui said:

R

At least this way, you get to skip all the crap ones or shows that burn out part way through their run...

But crap, disastrous shows are my favourite kind! ;_;

R

sniper_samurai said:
Crunchyroll will be streaming Rokka - Braves of the Six flowers worldwide except Asia.

Not surprised, Pony Canyon titles seem to be made available 'Worldwide except Asia' anyway ever since their USA branch was made. Have they licensed anything from this season besides Rokka?

Rui said:

R
Not to put too fine a point on it, but my Jimmies will be infinately rustled if BBB doesn't come with it's TV Dub as part of the deal.

How is it we were practicaly 1:1 with Space Dandy and since then not even CR's gotten it right (With SAO, Madoka and F/Z's dubs being blocked out)?

ConanThe3rd said:
Not to put too fine a point on it, but my Jimmies will be infinately rustled if BBB doesn't come with it's TV Dub as part of the deal.

How is it we were practicaly 1:1 with Space Dandy and since then not even CR's gotten it right (With SAO, Madoka and F/Z's dubs being blocked out)?

You should probably prepare for disappointment. If it came from FUNimation (and I severely doubt it did), it won't include the simuldub, it didn't for Death Parade. If it came from Anime Limited, they haven't included the simuldub for Seraph of the End. So unless it's an unusual deal, I doubt it'll include the dub.

But there's something weird about the way BBB is being handled by Viewster anyway, why announce a title if you have no clue when it will go live and it is not a priority for you? Viewster said to somebody on twitter that they didn't want to commit to a date with simulcast season about to begin. Announcing it like that makes no sense, and seems like a waste of promo, unless it was a gambit to get everybody's attention on their new simulcast announcements.

I'd treat Aniplex of America titles as an exception, rather than the rule. The only reason they've embraced streaming as wholeheartedly as they have is to try and stave off bitching about their prices. I'm guessing they don't want to stream dubs outside North America so as not to affect negotiations with licensors, as it would almost certainly cause prices to plummet (since they won't give us a lot of their nice bonus features, the dub is the only major advantage over streaming for many people).

Aldnoah.Zero's not being simuldubbed anywhere in the world, as far as I know, so I wouldn't blame CR for not having that. :)

The BBB thing is frustrating. If it slips into next season I'll just skip it and wait for the BD release; I already feel interested enough to buy it anyway.

With the dubs, I assume FUNi and Viz USA fronted the costs as a unique selling point for their own platforms. The last thing they want is to let them go before the physical product is released, so unless a foreign company is willing to pay to use them I doubt we'll see them in the UK until the physical release. Space Dandy was really an exception in terms of its multinational release, and even then we were screwed out of the simuldub for the second season IIRC.

R

Great news about CR streaming Working/Wagnaria series 3 to the UK. Aniplex have the home video rights which means either a crappy overpriced DVD release or a less crappy but even more overpriced Blu-ray release. My two NISA LEs will not be joined by a third ;_;

Back