Summer 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

Buzz201 said:
I believe Sentai confirmed GATE would be 24 episodes. They also confirmed Ushio and Tora would have two split seasons of 26 and 13 episodes respectively at the same conference, which is why everyone was expecting GATE to run straight.
Ushio and Tora is scheduled for 39 episodes apparently.

sniper_samurai said:
Buzz201 said:
I believe Sentai confirmed GATE would be 24 episodes. They also confirmed Ushio and Tora would have two split seasons of 26 and 13 episodes respectively at the same conference, which is why everyone was expecting GATE to run straight.

Ushio and Tora is scheduled for 39 episodes apparently.

As I said a first season of 26 episodes and a second of 13, totaling 39.

From the looks of things, the reason GATE isn't continuing into the Autumn season is because of a lack of time slots as another series in the Autumn season is occupying the time slot that was originally allocated to GATE which is why it's only going to be returning in the Winter season

Buzz201 said:
Shiroi Hane said:
Buzz201 said:
Have you seen Prison School?
We were just discussing how it isn't available here so no, I haven't seen it.

As I said, the TV version is about the most you could get away with in the UK (perhaps even a little over the line), god only knows what the home video version will be like...

It does also feature some hilariously bad bleep censoring. Of all the things they can get away with on Japanese TV, who knew they still had to bleep the f word at 1.05am?

From what I know of the show it is one character's interest in a certain bodily function that would be at question as I believe this would attract mandatory cuts from the BBFC.

If AL passed on it, it might be stuff like this they were thinking of.

robot monkey said:
From what I know of the show it is one character's interest in a certain bodily function that would be at question as I believe this would attract mandatory cuts from the BBFC.

I don't know, because the use of the act in question is never sexual it might be able to get away with it. If I had to guess, I'd say the accidental rape/sexual assault when the same two characters are hiding under the bed would probably also cause some problems, but that is all implicit, and it's arguably up to interpretation how far that scene actually goes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzz201 said:
robot monkey said:

I don't know, because the use of the act in question is never sexual it might be able to get away with it. If I had to guess, I'd say the accidental rape/sexual assault when the same two characters are hiding under the bed would probably also cause some problems, but that is all implicit, and it's arguably up to interpretation how far that scene actually goes...

In other words any potential UK distributor of the show is walking into a possible minefield when it comes to the BBFC?

robot monkey said:
In other words any potential UK distributor of the show is walking into potential minefield when it comes to the BBFC?

I wouldn't be surprised if the BBFC outright banned it. Something tells me the mix of school children and overt sexualisation will not go down well, add in pissing and sexual assault and things can only go downhill...

FUNimation probably has it, and if it's one of the titles for their supposed international expansion next year, they could be in for some fun...

I suppose the only thing going in Prison School's favour is that the characters are clearly above the age of consent, which would probably save it.

That said, as mentioned above, there's a certain 'act' that I think would trigger alarm bells. Basically, anything involving 'fluids' usually gets them worried...

Lutga said:
I suppose the only thing going in Prison School's favour is that the characters are clearly above the age of consent, which would probably save it.

That said, as mentioned above, there's a certain 'act' that I think would trigger alarm bells. Basically, anything involving 'fluids' usually gets them worried...

Nope. None of the characters are aged in the anime, and only one has been aged in manga, and he's 15...

Also, I don't think the characters are "clearly" above the age of consent, I'd have probably guessed 16 for most of them, but it's probably borderline enough to be concerning.

Lutga said:
The Human Centipede got away with 'solids' (eventually) though. I'm completely lacking context with regards to Prison School, not having much interest in watching it from the promo images.

Lutga said:

As already mentioned I have a strongly feeling at the back of mind that the portrayal of such acts would bring mandatory cuts.

Shiroi Hane said:
Lutga said:
The Human Centipede got away with 'solids' (eventually) though. I'm completely lacking context with regards to Prison School, not having much interest in watching it from the promo images.

I believe coprophagy is treated differently defending on whether it's sexual or not. In the case of the Human Centipede, I believe non-sexual stuff was allowed, and stuff that linked violence and eroticism (e.g. the shot in the second movie of the guy using sandpaper to 'enjoy himself' over the first film) was banned. The urination based activity is all borderline sexual. It's not sexual in and of itself, but the show is clearly playing up the sexual element.

Back