Summer 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

By the way if you criticise Animax on Twitter, they'll block you.

They follow me on Twitter so I can't rant about them. Might make a blog post instead. :lol:

At least until Viewster have a more mature app (i.e. a proper watchlist/queue) and a subscription service, I'd honestly much rather Anime Limited put everything on Netflix, since I have that on my TV so don't need to boot up any other devices and it keeps track of what I've watched and am planning on watching nicely.

Lutga said:
Argh, that's a real shame about Anohana being US only as I've always wanted to watch that and it seems very highly rated.

According to folks on Reddit, the Crunchyroll version is 480p only with fast subtitles that include some mistranslation.

It's a shame they didn't take the opportunity to expand the regions for the first season of Wagnaria/Working. I'm still hoping they get around to doing that at some point (or at least that Viewster can get it or something).

I'd quite like to see Anohana too. Maybe it'd be a good one for MVM or Anime Limited to consider. I suppose I could try to hunt down the NISA release since I think it works on a PS3/PS4 (not sure if the Standard release does but apparently the Premium one should work).

Smeelia said:
It's a shame they didn't take the opportunity to expand the regions for the first season of Wagnaria/Working. I'm still hoping they get around to doing that at some point (or at least that Viewster can get it or something).

I'd quite like to see Anohana too. Maybe it'd be a good one for MVM or Anime Limited to consider. I suppose I could try to hunt down the NISA release since I think it works on a PS3/PS4 (not sure if the Standard release does but apparently the Premium one should work).

I think the region lock on both titles might have something to do with Aniplex & NIS America (back then they were mainly USA only with their titles but now they're more relaxed and allowing UK access for the newer ones). But I'm sure one day they'll become available.

As for Anohana's Blu-ray release. The Premium Edition is EU Playstation compatible while the Standard Edition was re-authored as Region A only.

EXPIRING SOON (30TH SEPTEMBER 2015):

Cobra the Animation (Cobra The Animation: Rokunin no Yuushi)
Crunchyroll
Original Japanese audio
13 Episodes

Cobra the Animation: The Psychogun
Crunchyroll
Original Japanese audio
4 OVA Episodes

Cobra the Animation: Time Drive
Crunchyroll
Original Japanese audio
2 OVA Episodes

The 2009 Cobra series will be expiring from Crunchyroll. In addition a dozen of Manga 2.5 titles will also be delisted on the same day:

After School of the Earth
And Yet the Town Moves (Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru)
Colormail
EDO Nekoe Jubei Otogisoshi
Hadi Girl
The Case Reports of Karasuma Kyouko (Karasuma Kyouko no Jikenbo)
My Desk Neighbour (Tonari no Kashiwagi-san)
The Mythical Detective Loki
Renai Senka

NormanicGrav said:
NEW ADDITION: OH DEAR (CATALOG):

009 Re:Cyborg
Animax UK
Film

Giovanni's Island
Animax UK
Film

Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning
Animax UK
Film

Tiger & Bunny: The Rising
Animax UK
Film

Animax are releasing an iOS & Android app and Anime Limited will be adding more movies to their catalogue.

NEW ADDITION: OH DEAR (CATALOG):

Hal
Animax UK
Film

Patema Inverted
Animax UK
Film

Have to wonder why AL has suddenly started adding more to Animax when it's hated quite a lot, they haven't added anything to Netflix in awhile which would be a better place for their films.

I imagine it's no loss for them to add stuff there - not sure how their deals work precisely, but I'd imagine they get a percentage of the money for each person that watches one of their licenses, no matter where it is?

Lutga said:
I imagine it's no loss for them to add stuff there - not sure how their deals work precisely, but I'd imagine they get a percentage of the money for each person that watches one of their licenses, no matter where it is?

I'm sure I've heard Crunchyroll say they pay per stream. So every time you watch an episode of Durarara!! Aniplex gets a bit of money. I'm assuming there's some kind of overall minimum guarantee or purchase cost involved as well though.

I also seem to remember hearing that each premium subscription has a pot of money attached, and each subscriber's money gets split according to what they consume. So if you only consumed Aniplex content Aniplex would get the entire pot, if you consumed a mix the pot would be split accordingly. But that's an incredibly stupid way of working it, because then theoretically the more you watch, the less the individual companies get paid, and I've no idea where I read that so I'm probably making it up (and posting it was rather stupid of me).

Animax now have 10 episodes of Overlord, all of them have 4 days left.

Animax now have 6 episodes of Rampo Kitan, Episodes 1 & 2 have 4 days left while Episodes 3-6 have 6 days left.

Animax now have HAL listed. Video not up until tomorrow.

Back