I'm quite happy with my rig at the moment-

i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz on an Arctic 7 cooler
Asus Strix GTX 970 OC edition
16GB DDR3 G.Skill Memory @ 1600mhz
Gigabyte Socket 1155 UD5H Motherboard
Samsung 840 120gb SSD
1TB Western Digital Black HD
600W OCZ PSU

As for my wallpaper, it's essentially a stock Windows 7 wallpaper as I've just done a clean install. I had this awesome Tokyo Ghoul one with Kaneki split in half (normal vs kakuja), but I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore.

A clean desktop for a clean install of Windows.

Finally got round to plugging my old long dead laptop's HDD in and found a load of images, avatars and photographs I'd taken from around the time I first started frequenting AUKN. Made me rather nostalgic and I wanted to use some of the old desktop pictures, however they were much too small (and the wrong aspect ratio) so I had to look for new ones.

F*cking hell. I don't recommend ageing to anyone. But I do recommend Kingston's HyperX Savage SSDs.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Nice, I'm thinking of reading that manga soon, never actually read a manga in my life, but I've been buying many over the years, so hopefully I can get though my backlog one day.

My desktop, not too bothered in regards to wallpapers so I have no desire to change it, even though I have like 40gb of images :p Resized the image to make it a bit smaller. Princess Kaguya for those interested.

YKK is lovely, it's where my username came from. It used to be my absolute favourite manga but I don't know if I can really enjoy it like I used to. Too much jadedness and cynicism and disappointment has passed under the bridge since then. It's started to feel like things I enjoyed as a kid with an innocence, gentleness and hopeful nature that just makes me too bloody sad to return to them.

Sorry for rambling. It's just what digging up the past doe to me. The past should stay where it bloody belongs.

ayase said:
YKK is lovely, it's where my username came from. It used to be my absolute favourite manga but I don't know if I can really enjoy it like I used to. Too much jadedness and cynicism and disappointment has passed under the bridge since then. It's started to feel like things I enjoyed as a kid with an innocence, gentleness and hopeful nature that just makes me too bloody sad to return to them.

Sorry for rambling. It's just what digging up the past doe to me. The past should stay where it bloody belongs.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm cynical beyond belief and it depresses me. Its why I feel so good when I sit down and watch a silly, fun, goofy and heartfelt show like City Hunter without any preconceived negative dispositions. No need to apologize, its obvious that YKK means a lot to you :)

Back