Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Homosexual

• Bisexual

• Total voters
Tachi- said:
nope nothings changed lol

Are you so boring that the only thing you can add to threads is your own (poorly spelled, poorly expressed) attempt at snide commentary. Yep, I think so. I mean, er, lol!

Spyro201 said:
:lol: Yep. All is normal in the world of AUKN.

Do you posses your own free mind, or do you just echo everything Tachi- and Kurogane says? My bet's on the latter!

melonpan said:
I can't believe I didn't know being homosexual was illegal in nearly half of all the USA...

Well, it was. Up until 2004. In that year, police stormed in on two men who were having sex and decided to charge them under Texas's 'sodomy' laws. The man repealed this, took his case to the Supreme Court which ruled that all laws prohibiting sex between men were unconstitutional and struck down all relating laws in the states that had them. The case was Lawrence v. Texas :]

I was fairly shocked to learn that homosexuality was only decriminalised here in Ireland in 1993, and that most of the Eastern European countries were forced to decriminalise it only in 2005 when the EU ordered it as a prerequisite to joining the union. Most African and Caribbean countries still outlaw homosexuality and it's even illegal to positively portray homosexuality in Singapore (I remember reading about a TV station being fined thousands of dollars for showing two women kissing in a 50 cent video). It's kind of sad that homosexuality is such a ridiculously controversial issue.

CitizenGeek said:
I was fairly shocked to learn that homosexuality was only decriminalised here in Ireland in 1993, and that most of the Eastern European countries were forced to decriminalise it only in 2005 when the EU ordered it as a prerequisite to joining the union. Most African and Caribbean countries still outlaw homosexuality and it's even illegal to positively portray homosexuality in Singapore (I remember reading about a TV station being fined thousands of dollars for showing two women kissing in a 50 cent video). It's kind of sad that homosexuality is such a ridiculously controversial issue.

Oh aye you can be killed for it in Africa, the best you can hope for is that you're exiled for it instead - and thats you getting off lightly. Of course you still have to avoid being mobbed even if you're proven "innocent" if the community is against you.

There was a gay couple whilst i was living there who were expelled from the country because their secret was found out. Basically anyone gay or bi in Zambia has to live in complete secrecy, no displays of affection in public at ALL or you'll be turned in by your neighbour. I've forgotten the name of them but there's a branch of the police force in Zambia who were basically the "morality" police. They could basically do whatever the hell they wanted (although all of the police can anyway - you dont argue with a guy hefting a AK47) so they could just walk into your house, search for any incriminating evidence and then conveniently "lose" it when you asked for it back.

We had a scare whilst i was there - i had to take apart a pc (with scissors, bush technology!) and hide the hard drive along with my journal. Fun times.

South Africa is a warzone at the mo as well, friends of the family have daughters living there and apparently they've written back saying there's vigilante gangs tracking down anyone gay.

Ps Ive editied this so many times, keep on remembering things :D

That's pretty scary Liquid Skin. How long did you live in Zambia for?

Also sad to hear that about South Africa as it was more or less the only country on the African continent that isn't painfully backward when it comes to gay issues. Gay marriage is actually legal there (though only because they tripped themselves up when writing the post-apartheid constitution).

CitizenGeek said:
Dracos said:
You have not read some of his old posts. He is 100% shirt lifter.

Grow up, please.

You grow up first and stop seeing everything as an attack on your personal dogma. You seem capable of being very immature and offensive to others yourself when people disagree with you or challenge you in any way.

I was just using colourful words in the style used by Skikes himself to uphold and confirm that he is gay and proud of the fact.

CitizenGeek said:
melonpan said:
I can't believe I didn't know being homosexual was illegal in nearly half of all the USA...

Well, it was. Up until 2004. In that year, police stormed in on two men who were having sex and decided to charge them under Texas's 'sodomy' laws. The man repealed this, took his case to the Supreme Court which ruled that all laws prohibiting sex between men were unconstitutional and struck down all relating laws in the states that had them. The case was Lawrence v. Texas :]

Thanks for filling me in, how fascinating (although not in a particularly good way).

CitizenGeek said:
That's pretty scary Liquid Skin. How long did you live in Zambia for?

Also sad to hear that about South Africa as it was more or less the only country on the African continent that isn't painfully backward when it comes to gay issues. Gay marriage is actually legal there (though only because they tripped themselves up when writing the post-apartheid constitution).

8 months overall, hehe i was only planning on staying there 3 weeks but i couldnt bring myself to leave. Despite the rather depressing conditions it is still a wonderful country - with a lot of luck and some hard work i'd love to travel back to live and settle down in the future.

Interesting to hear about South. It is the most westernised of all the countries - the vigilante groups are the rebellion to that i supose.

CitizenGeek said:
Tachi- said:

Are you so boring that the only thing you can add to threads is your own (poorly spelled, poorly expressed) attempt at snide commentary. Yep, I think so. I mean, er, lol!

Spyro201 said:

Do you posses your own free mind, or do you just echo everything Tachi- and Kurogane says? My bet's on the latter!

You lost the bet then.

I do have my own free mind, and infact, I was very bored and decided to agree with Tachi-, we are friends. I dont just always echo what they say, however if I agree with something they say, I will quote them and say I agree, so people know where I stand, yeah??

You grow up first and stop seeing everything as an attack on your personal dogma. You seem capable of being very immature and offensive to others yourself when people disagree with you or challenge you in any way.

Im also in full agreement of this statement.

:)

CitizenGeek said:
Tachi- said:

Spyro201 said:

Please explain how that quote you took was *spelt* wrong. :lol: try commenting when you know grammar.
Sorry petty b!tch but you should really take a look at a dictionary once in a while i mean your a hypocritical, pathetic, moron.

Believe me, i really don't need to run a commentary on you. so stop being a self-centred, monotonous bore and grow some balls.
Correct me if im wrong, but did i specifically tell you not to start on spyro?
I think so. And that is the only reason i got involved.

There's no gain in belittling you. so it leaves you with a choice....Either you can stop being really petty and reframe from starting on people.
Or you can choose to ignore that advice and carry on. to which, i won't hold back my words.

Tachi- said:
CitizenGeek said:
Tachi- said:

Spyro201 said:

Please explain how that quote you took was *spelt* wrong. :lol: try commenting when you know grammar.
Sorry petty b!tch but you should really take a look at a dictionary once in a while i mean your a hypocritical, pathetic, moron.

Believe me, i really don't need to run a commentary on you. so stop being a self-centred, monotonous bore and grow some balls.

There's no gain in belittling you. so it leaves you with a choice....Either you can stop being really petty and reframe from starting on people.
Or you can choose to ignore that advice and carry on. to which, i won't hold back my words.

No offence, but you did exactly the same as you suggested he did, if not more so. You honestly look like your trying to pick some sort of debate which will easily lead to either more insulting or worse, your comment was not needed to be honest =/ I honestly believe some people are just trying to start some sort of argument here and there now, as to why i don't know, but it's annoying =/

On topic! I'm straight, and probably always will be. I have nothing against others who are gay in anyway as well, heck i don't see why people hate them so =/, like for example i do know some people who, if approached by someone who is gay, gets extremely worked up over it, i don't see the problem. What exactly do people think they are going to do? =|

Tachi- said:
I have no problems with either you or Spyro, but that was like someone would say around here in a fight as in, if you fight my friend, you'll fight me as well. It's not the way to go mayn, Spyro can handle himself.

Arbalest said:
Tachi- said:
CitizenGeek said:
Tachi- said:

Spyro201 said:

No offence, but you did exactly the same as you suggested he did, if not more so. You honestly look like your trying to pick some sort of debate which will easily lead to either more insulting or worse, your comment was not needed to be honest =/ I honestly believe some people are just trying to start some sort of argument here and there now, as to why i don't know, but it's annoying =/

On topic! I'm straight, and probably always will be. I have nothing against others who are gay in anyway as well, heck i don't see why people hate them so =/, like for example i do know some people who, if approached by someone who is gay, gets extremely worked up over it, i don't see the problem. What exactly do people think they are going to do? =|

Some people get weirded out over the fact that the gay dude in question was at one point, in the past; inside another dude.

Yeah, that'd freak me out too.

:lol: to be fair i don't see it as a fight. i see it as *if one person is going to start on another person then surely the 2nd person wouldn't like it if a 3rd person gave them their own medicine*

Anyway, Lupus how are you? its been a while since we last spoke.

Arbalest said:
heck i don't see why people hate them so =/, like for example i do know some people who, if approached by someone who is gay, gets extremely worked up over it, i don't see the problem. What exactly do people think they are going to do? =|

I see it as a compliment. :D

Kurogane said:
Some people get weirded out over the fact that the gay dude in question was at one point, in the past; inside another dude.

Hmm, but straight men can have been inside that same part on a woman and nobody thinks about it. It's not really the fault of the gay men of this world that other people are constantly thinking about them having sex...

Though that does sort of explain the simple course of reasoning for some people why lesbians are good and gay men are bad. Sigh ;p

Ignoring the manly fight in this thread as manly fights are boring.

R

Its over and done with, i'm waiting for CG to come online so i can talk with him privately. theres more than what meets the eye and i and one of the mods know the full picture.
So the posts with intimidating mannerisms will most probably be amended or just deleted by the people who post them.

Rui said:
Kurogane said:

Hmm, but straight men can have been inside that same part on a woman and nobody thinks about it. It's not really the fault of the gay men of this world that other people are constantly thinking about them having sex...

Though that does sort of explain the simple course of reasoning for some people why lesbians are good and gay men are bad. Sigh ;p

R

I have to say I agree with every word of your post, Rui.

I think it's kind of sadly pathetic and hypocritical to like the thought of two women having sex, but to think two men having sex is wrong.

What I also don't understand is why men act as if all they care about is sex and treating women like objects - making jokes about what they're going to do to women or rating women on a scale of 'fit' or ugly... THEN they have a private relationship, or at least want one. *facepalm* and /vast generalisation not taking into account all the people who don't do that...

melonpan said:
Rui said:
Kurogane said:

R

I have to say I agree with every word of your post, Rui.

I think it's kind of sadly pathetic and hypocritical to like the thought of two women having sex, but to think two men having sex is wrong.

What I also don't understand is why men act as if all they care about is sex and treating women like objects - making jokes about what they're going to do to women or rating women on a scale of 'fit' or ugly... THEN they have a private relationship, or at least want one. *facepalm* and /vast generalisation not taking into account all the people who don't do that...

Unfortunately its that primitive minority that constantly have that mentality you've mentioned, that gives the majority who treat women with respect and think of them as more than just a means of pleasure a bad name :?

I guess its just personal preferrance on the same gender sex,
Guy A wouldn't find anything wrong with seeing 2 lesbians having sex.
Woman A would'nt find anything wrong with watching 2 guys having sex.
but if you switched them round then Both woman A and man A would'nt like it.

Gays, BI's, straights. its all personal preferrence. so nobody should have a problem with what others do.

Tachi- said:
I guess its just personal preferrance on the same gender sex,
Guy A wouldn't find anything wrong with seeing 2 lesbians having sex.
Woman A would'nt find anything wrong with watching 2 guys having sex.
but if you switched them round then Both woman A and man A would'nt like it.

Gays, BI's, straights. its all personal preferrence. so nobody should have a problem with what others do.

I think most women who are ok with gay men are usually fine with lesbians too ;) this seems to be a cultural thing here - women just tend to worry less about it for whatever reason. We had loads of lesbians at my all-girl school growing up and nobody batted an eyelid.

Of course a lot of women hate both too. I'm lucky that I've never met any people like that personally. Or maybe they're lucky to escape me moaning about them and not shutting up. Heh heh.

R

Back