Renegade Simulwatch Club [RS]

If I may be so bold, João, YAAAASSSSS. 🤘

So where are we all at with Ergo Proxy, guys? My MAL page tells me I've seen the series three times. It's a favourite of mine.

Oh yeah, baby! 🔥

Excited to get into it as it's one of those animes I'm aware is a classic but simply never got to watching.

@Lordhippos personally speaking, of those I'd take the one that comes sooner, but if another date is chosen I can roll with that, too 🌈

No problem let's stick with Monday 29/11, I'll put a post up about it later on.

I'd like to see if I can squeeze a film in maybe before then as well out of the remaining list I had. Open for any more one off suggestions to be added to the list as well but didn't want to make it too long.

I hope we can get some people to join for a film, as a reminder this is the list I have available, I'll do another vote like last time, but I promised to add +1 vote to Pancreas as it was joint first last time and I had to flip a coin on the film to watch.

A Letter to Momo
Okko's Inn
I want to eat your Pancreas
Maquia
Metropolis
Napping Princess
Ninja Scroll
Steamboy
Sword of the Stranger

29th is cool; more time for me to get on with Clannad, things are getting very interesting on that one.

Out of those movies, I only have Letter to Momo and Sword of the Stranger, so it'd be one of those for me (with my vote going to Momo as I've never seen it), but if it ends up being something I don't yet have, that's, again, cool.

29th is cool; more time for me to get on with Clannad, things are getting very interesting on that one.

Out of those movies, I only have Letter to Momo and Sword of the Stranger, so it'd be one of those for me (with my vote going to Momo as I've never seen it), but if it ends up being something I don't yet have, that's, again, cool.

Off-topic but I really liked Clannad in the end, early on I wasn't so keen and considered dropping it, but I was really glad I stuck with it in the end!

For me Clannad defines the type of anime I think every anime fan should at least try once, and I think it's one of the few that has the power to change your perspective in real life as well.

I'll put a vote up for films later as well, people can vote on what they want I guess keep it democratic! :)

I'll sort out another one after Ergo Proxy (so maybe around new years) so if your pick doesn't win this time, it should have a better shot next time.

Ergo Proxy

Alright I've posted the link to Ergo Proxy here and updated the OP. The proposed start date is 29/11. This actually runs to 21/12 not 22/12 like I somehow worked out earlier!

Movie #2

I want to do a movie between now and then though. I have created a poll based on the previous movie list, and I have given a +1 vote to Pancreas as I said I would due to it tying for 1st place last time but not winning.

Voting deadline is Friday 19/11 23:59, please feel free to vote with multiple choice as well, ideally leave your forum name.

I will then set a timeframe of at least a few days within which to watch it, likely it will be the whole week or so from Saturday 20/11 - Sunday 28/11.

Letter to Momo
I voted for this one.
I don't particularly mind which as most (all) were my suggestions and I have all of them.

Pancreas is the only one I haven't watched, but it seems like a real "right mood" type of film from the synopsis and I've never been in that mood since I bought it!

I'm happy to try any of the films, I will try and give a clear week within which to see it so as to not force anyone to try and watch it when they aren't quite in the mood, but I will certainly try and do other films occasionally like this between other simulwatches to eventually hit them all (and I may also take new requests to add to the list as well).

Ergo Proxy is awesome and I feel like I've been waiting over a year for us to simulwatch it so I'm very ready to start!
Likewise and have been very much looking forward to it, though life has gotten so busy that I know I'll struggle to keep up. Nevertheless will do my best and if nothing else be reading everyone's thoughts as I'm catching up. Thanks for organising @Lordhippos and very timely MVM deal indeed.

No problem @Geriatric hedgehog It's one I'm really interested to see as well!

By the way the voting ended on the movie, and I Want to Eat your Pancreas won by a large margin, 4 votes to 1 vote for everything else, except Metropolis and Steamboy which both got 0.

With this in mind I will setup a thread a little later, but I intend to have the watch window for this basically be the whole week from tomorrow until next Sunday to give people enough time to watch it, and not clash with the Ergo Proxy watch.

I intend to hopefully get around to doing every film on the list I have even if it takes a while, so please don't worry if your vote didn't make it this time, the two front-runners are now out of the picture so anything could win next time!

If anyone wants to make a head start on watching Pancreas then feel free, as I will open the thread for discussions to begin tomorrow :)

I have no idea why the links are banners in the table in post #1 for some of them, but not others. When I edit the code, they all look the same?
Hmm, yeah. When I dropped a link to external site into the Ergo Proxy thread, that didn't unfurl either. 🤔

I took a look at your OP code as well by quoting your post, and their is a small difference between the earlier and later links. I've added a rogue "#" to both of the BB codes below to stop them from functioning and just display as text. Take a look:

[#URL unfurl="true"]https://forums.animeuknews.net/threads/anthem-of-the-heart-simulwatch-rs-27-31st-august.19589/[/URL]

[#URL unfurl="true"]https://forums.animeuknews.net/threads/i-want-to-eat-your-pancreas-simulwatch-rs-21-11-28-11.19717/[/URL]

Perhaps having numbers rather than text before the final full stop in the later ones is interfering with the function? I don't know. 🤷‍♂️

Alright let's test the same ones here! :D

Yeah seems like it doesn't do it when the URL ends in a number? odd.

Last edited:
That might work for new ones but I think the thread link is hard locked when you create it. This is true for the Ergo Proxy one I renamed after (makes sense as well, as it stops links breaking if linked from elsewhere).

So, @Lordhippos, do you have a MAL page at all? Just to get an idea of what you've watched already.

So you already tried out Baccano? What did you think? Durarara!! from the same author is pretty good, too.

If you're looking for suggestions, there's a loooot we could do. Have you ever watched Casshern Sins?

So, @Lordhippos, do you have a MAL page at all? Just to get an idea of what you've watched already.

So you already tried out Baccano? What did you think? Durarara!! from the same author is pretty good, too.

If you're looking for suggestions, there's a loooot we could do. Have you ever watched Casshern Sins?

Sure add away, I got a few people from here on as friends already :)

I need to try Baccano again I don't think I was in the right frame of mind for it. I found it incredibly difficult trying to keep up with who was who as I was introduced to like 50 characters in episode 1! :eek:

Yeah I heard Durarara was the same author and I was put off by the idea based on my experience with Baccano 😅.

I have not seen Casshern Sins :)

Best length for simulwatch will be 12 - 24 eps, I'm OK to try stuff out and see how I get on with it. If Casshern Sins is good + fits into that episode count I'm happy to add it to the options.

Although I may step outside of that range if I ever feel like doing another watch of Monogatari, but I only watched that within the last year so would probably want a longer break before I tackled it again.

I just watch casshern sins recently and loved it. I think it's already on the main simulwatch list. Haven't gotten around to either durara or baccano so would be happy to join in any watches of those and would never say no to anything Monogatari heh.

Was thinking last night that I might be interested in trying to get through Psycho Pass again, if anyone else fancies that- I believe it’s already on the list. Despite the premise being right up my street, I wasn’t much enamoured with it the last time I attempted it, but I might be more inclined to stick at it if I had someone else there to hold my hand.

Yeah I heard Durarara was the same author and I was put off by the idea based on my experience with Baccano 😅.

I have not seen Casshern Sins :)
I just watch casshern sins recently and loved it. I think it's already on the main simulwatch list.
I tried the first episode of Baccano some years ago but was pretty indifferent towards it. I really like Durarara, though, and I've yet to watch the second season, so I'd be up for that at some point. We're talking, like, 60 episodes in total, mind, not counting the ones not included on the AL releases of Shou/Ten/Ketsu.

Casshern Sins I absolutely love. It's very engaging and atmospheric. Surprisingly, it isn't actually on the main simulwatch list yet, so I'll fix that right now.

So, @Lordhippos, do you have a MAL page at all?
What about yourself, João? Are you on MAL? 🙂

Back