Renegade Simulwatch Club [RS]

@Professor Irony I'm game for a Psycho-Pass simulwatch, eventually. I got the series, the movie and I'm interested in Sinners of the System. Kinda regret not getting S2, but without Urobuchi, I kinda lost interest. SS looks OK, though?

I see we have ourselves a small Casshern Sins fanclub, that's what I'm talking about! Nee, ima doushite bokura umareta no 🎶 all time great OP too, never skipped that thing. @Lordhippos, you need only say the word!

@Neil.T sent you an invite, I saw you were on the aforementioned lord's friends list, so I went ahead and did it! I don't keep it up to date at all, I'll remember to add stuff every once in a while!

As for Baccano, it's insanity in the best possible way. I love the characters and it truly feels like every one is a protagonist. I like how it feels confrontational about some tropes and says "nope". I'd love to get into that, I think it's 15 episodes, OVAs included? One of my favorites.

DRRR is even better as far as characters are concerned. Love that thing.

I will give this thread a better reply sometime tomorrow about forthcoming plans and ideas for the next show :)

Hope everyone who is interested is already joining the Ergo Proxy simulwatch which started today!

Alright so I was thinking that what I may do here is get like a couple of suggestions from each person as to what they want to simulwatch, and then put the resulting list to the vote :)

I dunno about you guys but I don't re-watch much, especially when most of what I've seen is in the 1.5 years for anime viewing, but even outside of anime I tend to prefer watching new shows than treading old ground.

From those mentioned recently Psycho Pass falls into that kind of category for me as I've seen it fairly recently, but I will always respect the vote in these matters and would prefer people to vote on what they'd like to watch, not just to please me :)

Does this sound like some kind of a plan?

If so I would use one of my two options for Casshern Sins to give you guys more room to add other things. I'm not sure what I'd pick for my 2nd one yet but I'd think of something I'm sure.

Eh, if you wanted something newer, maybe Sonny Boy? It seemed like a show where there'd be plenty to discuss, but it's one of those things where I watched an episode, thought 'oh yeah, I'll come back to that' and never actually did...

Eh, if you wanted something newer, maybe Sonny Boy? It seemed like a show where there'd be plenty to discuss, but it's one of those things where I watched an episode, thought 'oh yeah, I'll come back to that' and never actually did...

Sonny boy is on my list to check out sometime, but not even tried 1 ep yet!

I would use one of my two options for Casshern Sins
This is just input from a veteran Casshern Sins viewer, but the show has a pretty heavy atmosphere and might be a bit too much right after Ergo Proxy. Personally speaking, I think Casshern would play better a bit further down the line once we're back in the mood for something weightier.

Read or Die (OVA and TV)
This would probably get my vote. I don't have access to the TV series, but the OVA is something of a hidden gem to me.

Liking all the suggestions, would also prefer Casshern Sins a little later as I've just watched it, would second a vote for Noein as it's been collecting dust on my shelf (and currently on sale at a brilliant price in the AL sales whilst stocks last!) and would also throw in a curveball and add a vote for After the Rain.

Alright wasn't sure at all what it was about but I agree, let's do an easier going one next if we can, although the vote will decide, I won't add anything too taxing into the list :)

I think I'll give people time to mull over what they want to add as options, and I'd also like to add some more films to the list as well. I'll probably collate the lists after we finish Ergo Proxy and then we can have votes for the next film and the next show.

In terms of movie suggestions for you, we've got the Project Itoh ones on the main simulwatch list, and the two available in UK are currently in the AL sale (Empire of Corpses; Harmony), or were last I checked. I'd be keen on simulwatching those if others interested or getting them in the sales. I imported the third one (Genocidal Organ) from the US, but that hasn't been released in the UK sadly.

In terms of movie suggestions for you, we've got the Project Itoh ones on the main simulwatch list, and the two available in UK are currently in the AL sale (Empire of Corpses; Harmony), or were last I checked. I'd be keen on simulwatching those if others interested or getting them in the sales. I imported the third one (Genocidal Organ) from the US, but that hasn't been released in the UK sadly.
Totally down for these. The US release of Genocidal Organ is region A/B so can be played over here and is like 20 quid on amazon. Totally reccomend it. It's my favourite of the 3 films though I think all are great.

Totally down for these. The US release of Genocidal Organ is region A/B so can be played over here and is like 20 quid on amazon. Totally reccomend it. It's my favourite of the 3 films though I think all are great.
Yeah I totally went blind buying that after your high praise for it heheh.

Empire of corpses sounds like my kind of film! :D

I'll add them to the list, we can look at doing them as a set maybe (I was hoping to do at least one around the end of this month).
Eeek, I may be traveling around Christmas, the decepticon that is Omicron notwithstanding, so may have to join back in in January unless you can wait that long!

I'll sort out some timings/votes after Ergo Proxy, can always set a wider window to watch them in as well :)

People may be busy around then which is understandable of course. I will be on leave so all the time in the world hopefully.

Yeah I totally went blind buying that after your high praise for it heheh.
Glad you enjoyed it. It's a shame AL couldn6t release it after getting it into cinemas coz it is amazing!

Empire of corpses sounds like my kind of film! :D

I'll add them to the list, we can look at doing them as a set maybe (I was hoping to do at least one around the end of this month).
Empire is a mad and weird but brilliant film. The concept is so out there I love it. It's been forever since I last watched it!

the decepticon that is Omicron
Haha

Glad you enjoyed it. It's a shame AL couldn6t release it after getting it into cinemas coz it is amazing!
I haven't actually watched it yet so would be good to be pushed into doing so via a simulwatch heh. I can imagine AL themselves being pretty bummed for not being able to release it, having done so for the first two, and especially as they did release the French version if I'm not mistaken.

Back