• Don't miss your chance to choose your favourite anime, manga, and light novels for the Anime UK News Reader's Choice Awards 2018! Be sure to cast your vote and make your voice heard!

Relationships and Romance

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
I haven't been joining in with this thread much lately, mostly because I've just ended up talking with Aya about it, but I need to chime in with this.

@IncendiaryLemon: You have indeed come up in conversation a few times, dude, and Aya and I are rooting for you all the way.

All I can probably really offer is that you likely read some of my posts in the General Conversation Area last year. I felt I was in frankly a hopeless situation, and yet only one year down the line the situation has changed entirely.

A friend of mine told me last year: when it's with the right person, things will just happen. At the time, I had simply no belief in that. Turns out, though, that it's true!

This is something else I would've wholly identified with perhaps as recently as early last year. I'm not even sure what it was that clicked — perhaps just throwing a bit of caution to the wind — but quite abruptly it ceased to be the case. It took bloody long enough! But I finally broke through the wall.

Sometimes unexpected things just happen, I guess, either with or without conscious input or effort. And if you're in a position to be able to take the best from it... :)

I'm sure Aya and I are not the only ones who'd love to see you catch a break. You're one of the good guys. ;)
You know, I really did identify with a lot of your posts in the past as you point out, I think it's part of the reason I'm so chuffed for the two of you. You're giving hope to the rest of us Neil ;)

You know, I really did identify with a lot of your posts in the past as you point out, I think it's part of the reason I'm so chuffed for the two of you. You're giving hope to the rest of us Neil ;)
And you're right to be hopeful, dude. Literally the seemingly impossible happened to me. I mean that.

I don't know what else to say but just... bide your time, do what you do — and stay hopeful. :)
You'll see what I mean someday, just like others told me.

Thanks so much for the well-wishing, too; it means a lot. ;)

I can just be satisfied with the warm feelings I get from watching them with their perspective love interests.
I do resonate with this though. I'm a huge animation buff in general, and it's always great to see the love story unfold between the characters involved. Even as seemingly unromantic as I am, I think you just end up projecting your own feelings and experiences onto them, and feel a sense of empathy, especially if you're watching that story unfold with someone you love; it makes it seem all the more meaningful, (even if it is only animated).

-Danielle-

Pokémon Master
Incendiary you still have so much time ahead of you to meet someone, and you will :) enjoy life, don't "waste" it worrying about having someone, you have yourself and that's great because you are.

I'm 30 and single yet again so I can see myself nearing Bridget Jones territory cept she bloody found someone lol.

I have some interested in me but it's either not clicking for me back or it's interest in something casual.

Whilst I could do the latter, I feel at my age I shouldn't be wasting more time doing that stuff? I don't know.

My last 2 boyfriends have been younger than me too. Curse of falling for a person without other details as necessity lol.