Relationships and Romance

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
I haven't been joining in with this thread much lately, mostly because I've just ended up talking with Aya about it, but I need to chime in with this.

@IncendiaryLemon: You have indeed come up in conversation a few times, dude, and Aya and I are rooting for you all the way.

All I can probably really offer is that you likely read some of my posts in the General Conversation Area last year. I felt I was in frankly a hopeless situation, and yet only one year down the line the situation has changed entirely.

A friend of mine told me last year: when it's with the right person, things will just happen. At the time, I had simply no belief in that. Turns out, though, that it's true!

This is something else I would've wholly identified with perhaps as recently as early last year. I'm not even sure what it was that clicked — perhaps just throwing a bit of caution to the wind — but quite abruptly it ceased to be the case. It took bloody long enough! But I finally broke through the wall.

Sometimes unexpected things just happen, I guess, either with or without conscious input or effort. And if you're in a position to be able to take the best from it... :)

I'm sure Aya and I are not the only ones who'd love to see you catch a break. You're one of the good guys. ;)
You know, I really did identify with a lot of your posts in the past as you point out, I think it's part of the reason I'm so chuffed for the two of you. You're giving hope to the rest of us Neil ;)

Neil.T

Railgun
You know, I really did identify with a lot of your posts in the past as you point out, I think it's part of the reason I'm so chuffed for the two of you. You're giving hope to the rest of us Neil ;)
And you're right to be hopeful, dude. Literally the seemingly impossible happened to me. I mean that.

I don't know what else to say but just... bide your time, do what you do — and stay hopeful. :)
You'll see what I mean someday, just like others told me.

Thanks so much for the well-wishing, too; it means a lot. ;)

~AyaMachi~

Flame Haze
I can just be satisfied with the warm feelings I get from watching them with their perspective love interests.
I do resonate with this though. I'm a huge animation buff in general, and it's always great to see the love story unfold between the characters involved. Even as seemingly unromantic as I am, I think you just end up projecting your own feelings and experiences onto them, and feel a sense of empathy, especially if you're watching that story unfold with someone you love; it makes it seem all the more meaningful, (even if it is only animated).

-Danielle-

Pokémon Master
Incendiary you still have so much time ahead of you to meet someone, and you will :) enjoy life, don't "waste" it worrying about having someone, you have yourself and that's great because you are.

I'm 30 and single yet again so I can see myself nearing Bridget Jones territory cept she bloody found someone lol.

I have some interested in me but it's either not clicking for me back or it's interest in something casual.

Whilst I could do the latter, I feel at my age I shouldn't be wasting more time doing that stuff? I don't know.

My last 2 boyfriends have been younger than me too. Curse of falling for a person without other details as necessity lol.