Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 300 Spartans. Yes, that's the original.

7/10

I can respect it was the first take on things, but I prefer the over the top violence and abundance of Spartan nipple of the latest.

HellBoy 2: The Golden Armeh

Went to see it yesterday and I AM IMPRESSED. Surpassed the first film anyway, despite how many people have said the first rules over it.

Oh, the Elf guy (Main villain) is awesome.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
HellBoy 2: The Golden Armeh

Went to see it yesterday and I AM IMPRESSED. Surpassed the first film anyway, despite how many people have said the first rules over it.

So what did you give it out of 10? :roll:

Bleach: Diamond Dust Rebellion 7/10 Was a good watch, even if I am having myself continue to watch Bleach (soo much filler and not enough impressive fighs). Kenpachi had his say in the movie however, that made me smile ^__^

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
He is, but that might be because he's Elric. Enjoyed the film, but it seems Mr Moorcock's works are starting to be ripped off as badly as Tolkien's. I really hope proper Elric films get made one day.

Basic - 9/10

It had Sam L Jackson and Travolta in, so I figured it'd be a good watch... and it was!

Quite a few twists, plus expected awesomeness from John and Sam's characters, and to bring it all home-- lots of killing.

I wasn't expecting much since I watched it last night at 3am, but between the bouts of microsleep and bathroom breaks it provided a good show.

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. 10/10

Currently watching it again, after watching it last night as well. Probably going to watch it a few more times in the next week/month, as well. I started feeling nostalgic a few weeks ago, singing the songs and stuff. The music is still as brilliant as I remember, and I love it so much. "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" is one of my favourites.

Its interesting to see how much South Park has developed as a show, as well. Quite a few of the original "gags" that are slightly touched upon in the movie are totally not in the show, anymore.

<3 "Its Easy, MmmKay"

Needs a BD release, The DVD I have is double-sided. 4:3 and 16:9, lol. Don't get that anymore!

Tropic Thunder 8/10

One of the funniest movies in the year and has some hilarious one liners (when you were writing love tha pussy, did you imagine you were dangling your dice over Lances forhead?). Robert Downey Jr. is hilarious in it and its good to see Jack Black not being Jack Black for a change. One problem though is that Steve Coogan is very underused. Also the poster should say starring Tom Cruise and Matthew Mccaughney (or however you spell his name) as they both have very large (and awesome) parts in the movie.

Pineapple Express 7/10

Saw this after tropic thunder and it had its good moment and characters but i cant help feeling that Seth Rogen has to do soemthing different before his movies get boring. James Franco though is brilliant in it.

Chungking Express - 9/10

Bizzare Chinese new wave film from around 1994. I guess you'd call it Romance though it was fairly unconventional in that respect.

It's somewhat out of character for me to enjoy a love flick this much (since I have a heart of stone), but it really sucked me in. The characters were so quirky and offbeat I couldn't help becoming interested.

If I were to pick out a flaw it woud be that the film was split between two characters into two halves, with only the central theme and takeaway connecting them. The disjointed structure reminded me of Full Metal Jacket in that way.

Still, it wasn't enough to marr my enjoyment - worth watching even if you don't like the genre.

Phoenix 2772 / Space Firebird - 8/10
Sci-fi fantasy that had a wonderful story. If only the beginning were not so rushed, I'd rate it higher.

The Phoenix: Chapter of Dawn - 7/10
Live action of a Tezuka story... I though that the ending was particularly great.

Fantastic Adventures of Unico 1 - 9/10
Lovely fantasy about an unicorn who can make people happy... Cheesy, childish, but still gives you such an heart warming feeling and the end let you half heart broken.

The Lion Books - 10/10
Lunn, rain boy and adachi-ga hara are very powerful stories. the other ones are good as well, but lunn is so heart warming, and somehow felt so personal to me. Rain boy got me in tears at some point and adachi-ga hara had an amazingly unexpected ending.
Lion books is one of the best movies I've seen year. The best anime I've seen this year definitely, and one of the best things I've watched this year.

Prime Rose - 6/10 - fun, but.... well, guess that's all I can say bout it.

God, I almost forgot about the films I've caught on TV recently. I've seen them before years ago (I think), but..

Pocahontas
, 7/10

Easily a good Disney musical, not the greatest of their catalogue but a good film nonetheless. Very magical and animated nicely. The water looked really good.

101 Dalmatians
[The original, not Live Action], 7/10

Again, a 7/10, I would lean against the 8 but because of the less-than-spectacular ending it had - it's a seven. I'd loved to seen more of the actual dog's having fun and with personalities. I never knew that the like 3/4 weren't part of the real family, either. Strange animation, as well. The one I'm not sure on seeing is this.

Monsters, Inc.
8/10

Yeah, I went up to an 8 for this. Seen it so many times, but I think its proof (as is every Pixar/Disney film) that Pixar/Disney are the only ones who can actually use CG as a proper medium. Disney was the leaders in cel animation and they kept that going through to CG.

I have Alice in Wonderland recorded. I plan to watch that whenever I get a chance, as well.

Pan's Labyrinth: 10/10
Fantastical, dark and utterly spectacular - definitely up there with my all-time favourites. The way that del Toro combines historical events with fairy tales (and not the harmless and fluffy kind of fairy tales either, much to my delight) is masterful and the atmospherics are suberb. I really want to watch the Devil's Backbone now.

Martin said:
Pan's Labyrinth: 10/10
Fantastical, dark and utterly spectacular - definitely up there with my all-time favourites. The way that del Toro combines historical events with fairy tales (and not the harmless and fluffy kind of fairy tales either, much to my delight) is masterful and the atmospherics are suberb. I really want to watch the Devil's Backbone now.
I recommend you to buy this one here...

Guillermo Del Toro... His movies in Spanish are brilliant and fresh, his movies in english are well.. not so brilliant and not so fresh. It's still fun though.

OT -

Sweeney Todd - 9/10 predictable but really great fun. Not what I expected from a musical though.

Tropic Thunder 6/10 Mostly I was dissapointed to be perfectly honest. I think I got myself hyped and expected too much from it. Film itself had some laughs but was totaly not worthy of my £5.90 to view it in a cinema. Robert Downey Jr was this films saviour IMO. He is becoming even more of a Legend these days. Keep it coming Bob!

Kung Fu Panda 9/10

It was pretty good. The jokes weren't just the reused 'kid-safe' ones and were actually quite funny. I liked how they didn't make it all of a sudden serious. Like at the end fight they were still making jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
TMNT 7/10
Easy hangover watch. The CGI was cool (I really liked the rain affect). Good film for not putting too much attention into.

Err... Last night I watched:

Camp Rock. 8/10.

Of course, that's a Disney rating, nothing more. It was alright, I guess. What I expected. Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers are the only ones who can even remotely sing. Neither are brilliant actors, but its not like that matters in a film like this. It was cliché-ridden, and done before, but it was enjoyable and laughable all the same.

I await HSM3 with patience.

Also, I've watched HairSpray repeatedly in parts throughout the week, since the premiere last week on Sky. I've seen it before, but I think I'm bumpng up the grade since from a 7 to a more deserving 8? I'm unsure, it's better than Camp Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back