Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subway: 7/10

Normally when I see the words un film de Luc Besson I know I'm going to enjoy what I see, but this fell a little short of the mark. I suspect this is because I've been watching his films backwards chronologically. Worth a watch if you enjoyed Nikita, otherwise don't bother.

Superbad 8/10

It was pretty funny; The nerdy gangster character was greatly funny and the jokes were awesome. The first half was awesome, but the ending was a bit, well, if you've seen it you'll know what I mean >_> (I'm speaking about the "I love you" part, in bed).

Quantom of the solance - 9/10

Alot of my friends said that it was honestly kind of annoying with the chases and all that - Well, they're wrong! :D

It was great, I really enjoyed the whole movie. I never felt bored or looked at my watch at any point in the film which is very rare!

ayase said:

Normally when I see the words un film de Luc Besson I know I'm going to enjoy what I see, but this fell a little short of the mark. I suspect this is because I've been watching his films backwards chronologically. Worth a watch if you enjoyed Nikita, otherwise don't bother.

I actually liked this one. It has that highlander dude, I can't remember his name right now...

Nikita and Fifth element are my favourites.

OT: Death note: The last name 9/10 it's so much better than the previous one and closes the story so nicely, that you almost don't miss the melo / near arc.

chaos said:
ayase said:

I actually liked this one. It has that highlander dude, I can't remember his name right now...

Nikita and Fifth element are my favourites.
Christopher Lambert ;)

Out of Besson's films I've seen I actually like Leon and his newest one Angel-A the best. Nikita's good too, like most of his older films it's very stylish, but a bit lacking in substance.

ayase said:
Out of Besson's films I've seen I actually like Leon and his newest one Angel-A the best. Nikita's good too, like most of his older films it's very stylish, but a bit lacking in substance.
What's substance?

In my opinion, his movies are the kind you have to turn your brain off while watching. Don't get me wrong, I love these kind of movies as well, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to watch speed racer and actually enjoy it =D

chaos said:
ayase said:
What's substance?

In my opinion, his movies are the kind you have to turn your brain off while watching. Don't get me wrong, I love these kind of movies as well, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to watch speed racer and actually enjoy it =D
Ah, don't get me wrong, even Subway is miles better than most of the mass market rubbish Hollywood churns out. I just thought compared to his other films the end especially was a little sub-standard. It's just kinda, "that's it?" :eek:

ayase said:
chaos said:
ayase said:
What's substance?

Ah, don't get me wrong, even Subway is miles better than most of the mass market rubbish Hollywood churns out. I just thought compared to his other films the end especially was a little sub-standard. It's just kinda, "that's it?" :eek:
I see what you mean.

Have you seen tale of two sisters? It's really good, highly recommended.

Godfather Part III: 5/10

Nope, it doesn't get any better a second time. To paraphrase Comic Book Guy "Sofia Coppola. Worst. Actress. Ever."

From Russia with Love - 8/10

Initially, I would have given this a 6 or 7, but it's upon reflection that you realise how great this movie really is. It lacks the epic nature of most Bond movies, but Rosa Klebb and Red Grant are great villains. It is a bit dated (even moreso than Dr. No, which pre-dates it by a year) but nonetheless, it's effortlessly enjoyable.

License to Kill - 7/10

Really underrated. Easily better than most, if not all, of the Moore era Bond movies.

CitizenGeek said:
Octopussy - 5/10

Very, very disappointing :/
No one wants to see Bond dressed like a clown.

Quantum of Solace - 6.5/10

So close to giving it a seven. It was largely a barrage of action sequences strung together. While the content of this action was great the camerawork was so in your face and closed in that it made it quite frustrating to see what was happening. That might be fine in a movie where the action is fleeting and secondary but this was an all out action movie. It wasn't fantastic but it wasn't boring. Not bad though.

There Will Be Blood - 9/10

With all the characters being so unlikeable it's hard to imagine that two and a half hour film would fly by. I felt drained after it finished but in a great way, the same way I felt after I finished Haibane Renmei. It's something that'll need a long wait before I watch it again but it'll be worth it when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back