Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
britguy said:
The Hateful Eight - 9/10

Through an acquaintance I had access to an official bafta screener dvd
D: No fair!

So much more excited for this than other films people might expect me to be excited for at the moment.

ilmaestro said:
britguy said:
The Hateful Eight - 9/10

Through an acquaintance I had access to an official bafta screener dvd
D: No fair!

So much more excited for this than other films people might expect me to be excited for at the moment.

Ha, yeah I was very lucky to get to watch it, will likely be seeing it in the cinema too because it's that good. Ensemble cast is fantastic, but Kurt Russell and especially Walton Goggins deserve the standout praise, the latter best receive "best supporting actor" nominations all round, or i'll lose faith in the industry.

As with most Tarantino films, the dialogue is excellent, the cinematography is special and the visuals and soundtrack are glorious.

I thought Daisy Ridley was by far the best thing about The Force Awakens.

I would never have classed myself as a Star Wars 'fan' - the prequel trilogy rank among the worst films I've ever had the misfortune of watching and, while I do really like Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back, I've never thought they were the masterpieces that some people regard them as. The Force Awakens is easily their equal, if not superior. If you said to me back in January that Star Wars would be in my end of year top 10 I would have laughed at you. It manages to retread the main themes of the original while simultaneously developing them, and it also helps that Ridley and Boyega are far better performers than the original trio except for Ford.

It's a solid B+ from me. Also saw Carol the other day - simply exquisite. A.

I could see Hateful Eight, but it seems wrong to see a film shot on 70mm on anything but the big screen.

Watchmen (2009)

A fair stab at bringing a warts-and-all version the classic Gibbons/Moore comic to the screen, yet it struggles to get the (admittedly complex) story across in a manageable way and often seems to be missing the point of the source material, despite remaining largely faithful to it. While no doubt intended to underscore the graphic-novel sensibility, I also felt the heavy use of small sets and computer effects just cheapened the experience, and ultimately spent much of the runtime wishing it were helmed by someone like Christopher Nolan instead of Zack Snyder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back