Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Gilmore - 9/10

This film never fails to dissappoint. The outbreak between Sandler and Bob Barker is ******* hilarious, every single time (and I've seen it many, many times...). Let's hope AS starts turning out good flicks, instead of these modern shitters.

chaos said:
MrChom said:
chaos said:
dark water - 7/10 the ring was much better.....

Japanese or American versions?
japanese. I've mentioned the ring because it's from the same director....

Still need to watch the Japanese version of Dark Water, absolutely loved the US version. Then again I'm the phillistine who prefers the US version of The Ring to the Japaese one (except for Sadako/Samara herself).....

MrChom said:
chaos said:
MrChom said:
chaos said:
dark water - 7/10 the ring was much better.....

Japanese or American versions?
japanese. I've mentioned the ring because it's from the same director....
Still need to watch the Japanese version of Dark Water, absolutely loved the US version. Then again I'm the phillistine who prefers the US version of The Ring to the Japaese one (except for Sadako/Samara herself).....
I never really bothered watching the US version, as most people who have seen both, don't like the US one.
I'm yet to see the american dark water version, as it was directed by a fellow brazilian, Walter Salles.

Bridge to Terabithia - 7 / 10 trailers, posters and everything else for this movie are so wrong.... it did remind me a it of the my girl movie though....

King Kong (2005 remake) -8/10

It was a little dragged out, going on for about 3 hours but it was still a good watch overall.

Wanted - 9/10 - Very cool. The movie was great as a whole, and I loved the whole twist at the end, and I even loved the ending. Most people say it's a bit of a rip off of the matrix, but I actually prefer it to the matrix - It was way less serious, had more action, made more sense, and had a sense of humour!

Dark knight - 10/10 - Wow. Amazing! The joker is probably the coolest part, every time it flicked back to batman, I continued watching it because I wanted to see more of him!

Oh Yeah, Last night I watched:

Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew! 8/10

I've seen most of it before in parts, so I thought I'd finally give it an actual go. Pokémon movies tend to always be more enjoyable than the episodes, and it was. One of the only downfalls I could see is the eye-scrapingly bad CG that occurs in most of the movies. The movie openings are always brilliant, Remember this! ;p

I followed the movie with the episodes of Battle Dimension that aired on Jetix, which were actually good, as well. I don't mean Pokémon good, I mean funny and entertaining as a shonen show should be. Don't get me wrong it was still Pokémon through-and-through, but if more was like that, I wouldn't watch it just for the sake of watching it.

;D

eggybob said:
BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
eggybob said:
Spyro201 said:
The Invasion - 9/10

******* brilliant.

I loved this film until the unneeded car chase.

I loved it. I found the car chase funny :lol:

I still say the 1970s version was better... :p

Damn right.
I third that!

Don't Mess with the Zohan 7/10 The first 20 mins was by far the best bit. I gave it a 6 but felt tight as it wasn't that bad.

Alien vs Predator: Requiem

I always wanted something like this to happen, a brutal head on battle between both of these franchises, each of them ripping each other apart, and although it was pretty damn gory and satisfying to see... it rubbed me the wrong way, the presentation and whole setting, it felt a little rushed, the pacing wasn't right and the characters felt a little unrealistic. I like how that one lead characters love interest got accidently killed by the Predator though. It was quite surprising to see it happen.

6/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Voddas said:
I third that!

Don't Mess with the Zohan 7/10 The first 20 mins was by far the best bit. I gave it a 6 but felt tight as it wasn't that bad.

Ohhh it really WAS that bad. I felt 1/10 was too high a score for that piece of ****.

Reno 911 Miami 7/10

Very hit and miss, when it hit it was classic (the Rock cameo, the dead gator bit and the sex scene come to mind) and if it could have kept that form up for the whole time it would have been a classic, but then some of the other scenes are just plain unfunny and just awful to watch.

The Strangers......7/10

Wasn't remotely scary. it rated 5 for the comedy it unitentionally gave and 2 for the story.

Its alright if you like mild horror films. if your oblivious to the obvious and the film in pretty much 90% of it was predictable what was going to happen next, that spoiled it :/

Last weekend: Get smart 9/10
Funny brilliant film. defo worth watching, every minute is pretty much something funny will happen. Its hard to give a review without spoiling it for others.

2 weekends ago...The dark knight 8/10
Good film, the story envolopes an awful lot, great storyline tho.
the acting it excellent, its true, the characters really do make their characters their own.
the film half put me off on the length....it felt like the producers where trying to put two films into one. some friends said their opinion on the film was "over action sorta spoiled it"
Needless to say, enjoyed watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back