Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
A View To A Kill - 4/10

Great opening theme but pretty forgettable. Roger Moore just looks too old to be convincing but Christopher Walken pulls off a good villian. Glad after this they decided to bring back a more serious Bond with Timothy Dalton.

Dante's Peak - 7/10

Perfectly entertaining, not oscar worthy but solid all round. A lot more believeable than most disaster movies out there with some good characterization and performances.

Jumper 6/10

It was entertaining enough for a brainless hollywood movie which is a pure eye candy thriller - the whole concept of jumping is brilliant and is great to see it put to good use The main character David sitting atop the Sphinx in Egypt on a deckchair and also standing on the edge of Big Ben with an umbrella and the character of Griffin (another jumper) steals the show.

There is not really a poor performance from any actor (Samuel L Jackson was average and seems to be losing his way since his last 2 years in film hell) but the the script seems very cliche and boring in places. The ending was the worst part and was there for a case of "insert some plot here, oh and make sure we can get a sequel out of this!"The best bits are the effects themselves as you see how his power evolves and wonder where he will go next.

Overall an average film that could have been so much more with better scriptwriting and direction. I'd wait for the DVD if you're desperate to see it. Better luck next time with the sequel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cloverfield 6/10

After all the hype the film was some what of a let down. The big thing that everyone went to see the film for (The Monster) was just bad, I mean bad!
Although it did have its moments, like when they are in the subway tunnel I enjoyed that. Also there were some funny comedy moments when you hear some of the reactions the monster gets from the camera man :lol: But these little things didn't really do enough to make me think it was worth while seeing i'm affraid. I really hope they dont go ahead an do a sequal not with that monster of a monster they have, it reminded me of a shaved silver back Gorilla with the way its main arms an little legs were it was just silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Audition (Odishon)

Takashi Miike film about a so called 'audition' in the premise of a fake movie (unbeknownst to everyone except the candidate's future boyfriend and his friend who organised the audition.

Basically the divorced father seeks help from his friend about remarrying, and how there are no suitable women for him, so he says auditioning is the perfect way to trim down the useless potential wives (not sure if it has any bearing on real life, but you can apparently ask somewhat very personal questions to potential film actors, in order to find out more about them + if they're suitable or not).

He eventually eyes up one women, who claims she wants him to know everything about her, yet the things he doesn't know-- they appear in horrific dreams.

That's my half assed synopsis. :lol:

Great film anyway, though anyone wanting to watch this purely for the gore/shock nature of his other films might be slightly dissappointed, as the so called money shot isn't until the last eighth of the film.

Most of his other stuff is very unique (I've been a film binge in the last week or so), and definitely is a change to the usual.

/ drivel

Cloverfield 8/10

It's an interesting overhaul of the tired monster/disaster movie idea. The hand-held camera idea did my head in at first TBH, but once the sh*t hit the fan and stuff started really getting crazy, it had me almost jumping out of my seat at points - that I guess was the main idea of the movie.

Ignoring the sickening 'viral marketing' hype, it was an immersive and frequently scary film. Pretty darned good.

Patriot Games 8/10 I really like this Ford flick however mite have rated it higher if I hadn't studied it so much on a Media Class Assignment. I knew the story like the back of my hand but I still watched it. Jack Ryan, the old man with karate chop action. ^___^

The Bucket List 5/10
Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson play 2 aging men dying off cancer who decide to make a list of things to do before they "kick the bucket".
This was a very hit and miss movie. It seemed like it wasn't sure if it was a comedy or a drama and mixing the 2, they both fell flat. Jack and Morgan were the only redeeming parts of the movie and there were even times when Jack seemed quite bored i give this a 5, 1 extra point for the 2 leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back