Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grosse Point Blank 9/10 - one of my fave films, I love the idea of a hitman going home for his school reunion, telling people what he does and no one believing him. One of my all time fave films

Rog said:
The Bucket List 5/10
Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson play 2 aging men dying off cancer who decide to make a list of things to do before they "kick the bucket".
This was a very hit and miss movie. It seemed like it wasn't sure if it was a comedy or a drama and mixing the 2, they both fell flat. Jack and Morgan were the only redeeming parts of the movie and there were even times when Jack seemed quite bored i give this a 5, 1 extra point for the 2 leads.

Damn, that's a shame- was looking forward to seeing it.

Saying that I'll probably still go.

Hey, I thought the Bucket List was a pretty solid movie. Relaxed atmosphere and well acted. I'd give it a 7 at least, maybe 8.

Sy said:
Hey, I thought the Bucket List was a pretty solid movie. Relaxed atmosphere and well acted. I'd give it a 7 at least, maybe 8.

The hospital scenes at the start dragged on far too long, they could have cut alot out and made the montage longer and it still would have had the same effect without the lag. The rubbish cgi didn't help things much either nor did the quite obvious body doubles. One of the most annoying scenes was when Carter took Cole to see his daughter and Cole goes off on a speech about if Carter was expecting this journey to change him for the better, making him a better person and basically everything involved in the cliche you get in these type of movies (grumpy guy gets changed for the better and ends up a happy person etc etc) and how it didn't apply to him, only for a quick montage later for all that to happen step by step. I knew the cliche was coming before i even saw the film but for the movie to basically point it out, almost in a 'wink wink' kind of way and then do it, kinda erked me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Battle Royale - 9 / 10

Got round to watching it after recording it from Film4 and I gotta say, it's probably the 5th time I've seen this and it still keeps me happy.

Imprint - 7.5/10

The only real selling point was the torture and other disgusting scenes, nothing reall out of the ordinary story-wise.
Seeing as how it barely tipped an hour overall, I'd have to give it some points for telling the story at a progressive rate, rather than just bashing the major plot in 5 minutes before it finished.

The 0.5 was for the asian boobies.

Classic Miike btw.

chaos said:
3:10 do Yuma - 8 if you fancy westerns..

I was actually going to watch this as on a single sitting with No Country For Old Men, but was told it's just a mindless gunfest.

I still might watch it, for the lulz.

Kurogane said:
chaos said:
3:10 do Yuma - 8 if you fancy westerns..

I was actually going to watch this as on a single sitting with No Country For Old Men, but was told it's just a mindless gunfest.

I still might watch it, for the lulz.

Err... I love mindless gunfests as well... ^_^

Control (directed by Anton Corbijn) - 9/10

I'll bump <a href="http://forums.animeuknews.net/viewtopic.php?t=7809">the old thread</a> to set out my thoughts further.

Seven Samurai - 8/10

I was tempted to give it a 9, but the sheer length of the film really does take it's toll approaching the three hour mark.
I did download a fairly ****** copy of it (not the DVDrip), but aside from the monstrous length, I really can't give any criticism; great acting, great script, great directing in all.

My advice to anyone wanting to watch:

Find a reaaaaaaaaallllllly comfortable seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back