Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paranoid Park 6/10

I'm usually a fan of films by Gus Van Sant, i even liked Last Days which was slated by a few, but i can't stand by him on his latest outing. The film used myspace to cast some of the actors, and it shows, apart from the lead and adult characters, the acting is diabolical. But it's not that that pulls this film down, the story and directing just don't go together. There is some beautiful shots but some that are pointless and completely irrelevant to the plot and feel of the film. Also the film fails to convey the pain of the lead character, it is not shown deep enough therefore you don't feel sorry for him. It fails to evoke any emotion, while not a terrible film this is probably the worst i've seen by Van Sant. It would have worked far better if it was filmed as a short peice, because after an hour and a half, thats all you feel you got out of it.
It gets brownie points for using Elliott Smith in the soundtrack though :)

Nine Lives...4/10.

For an alleged horror movie, there's no scary moments or any real sense of tension. The characters are mostly generic tossers (besides the Scottish guy who's about the only likeable one),s o you don't care if they die or not. I've seen worse...it was just really kinda mediocre.

Jay & Silent Bob strike back! 10/10

One of the best movies evar!, If you haven't seen this then you need to!
We watched it in school believe it or not.

Shawshank Redemption (finished about an hour ago on Film4)-

Absolute ten. Masterpiece for sure.

Anyone who disagrees with the above statement is either M. Night Shyamalan or wrong.

I Am Legend 7/10.

Not a bad film but something was not quite right.

Went with my mate. I did Chemistry including some Biochem at uni and he did Biotechnology, so we ended up with another of our discussions on the accuracy and beliveability of the science in a Hollywood film.

Jackass The Movie...8/10

Haven't seen it for years, and I forgot how much it rules...especially the panda stuff and Party Boy in Japan. Some great DVD extras too. Think I'll watch the sequel later...which I've never seen. =|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back