Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRASHBAT said:
The City of Violence - 8/10.The teenage gangs bit I love so much >_<

If you liked that, check out:

Dragon Tiger Gate - 8/10 some of the best fight scenes I have seen in ages

Lost in Translation - 9.5/10

Absolutely stunning from a cinematic point of view. The direction is slow and beautiful, fitting the flow of the film and build up of emotion perfectly.
A great story of two westerners at low points in their life meeting each other on the other side of the world to their home, and discovering what it's like to live again. You can't help but fall in love with Scarlett in this film.
I absolutely loved it.

Paycheck 8/10

An enjoyable sci-fi movie about a guy who sells 3 years worth of his memories doing top secret research for $92 million, then things start going wrong starting with him finding out he gave up his right to the money 4 weeks ago but he doesn't remember that of course. One of Ben Affleck's better movies though I didn't really like Uma Thurman in it.

Prince of Tennis - 5/10

It was ok,nothing amazing.I think I'm only really giving it that much as it is because of Shirota Yuu.The tennis matches themselves were done quite good though.But overall,rather boring.Funnily enough,the musicals are much better.

Serenity - 8/10

Me, Breen, Alex and our mate Jimmy watched this for the first time last night none of us have ever seen Firefly prior.
I really enjoyed it, sci-fi on a movie budget looked great, the characters were likeable and delivered some killer lines. Directing wise i was impressed, some beautiful location shots and some nifty camera angles and set ups did impress me. Really gave me more respect from him, he's moved on in terms of skill a lot from Buffy even though there were several scenes that brought similarities. Wasn't as camp as i expected it to be and now i kinda understand the hype, but without taking Firefly in to consideration it was a great sci-fi effort and one of the best sci-fi movies i've seen in a long time.

28 Weeks Later 7/10.

Not a bad film just not quite right. Again watched it with my mate from Uni, this time not only did we get into one of our discussions on the science but also the military tactics which we did not think were too clever.

Shane - 3/10

I don't like westerns at all but this one seemed a lot more boring then the usual ones.The kid in it is ridiculously annoying...

McIcy said:
Spaceballs 7/10 one of Mel Brooks best
Eep, I thought it was tedious as all hell.

Diamonds Are Forever - 3/10

The only Bond film I hadn't seen and Sean Connerys last performance in the official series but also one of the worst Bond's I've seen next too any of Roger Moore's run. Even though I don't like Moore's Bond, at least he played it with enthusiasm. In this one Connery acts like he doesn't want to be there. It was all too tongue in cheek without anything really standing out for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back