Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Good The Bad The Weird 7/10

not quite as good as I thought it would be. Would say it is a bit of a case of style over substance however the acting is very good and the style is great just don't expect much more from it.

Underworld - Probably the eighth time I've seen it now, good movie, it always felt a little... low budget to me though, very good film regardless, I just don't think the Lycans looked right, glad the second film fixes that. Kate Beckinsale is quite good as the lead. 7.5/10

Underworld: Evolution - Started off pretty good, but the pacing was a little too quick and the end result left a bitter taste in my mouth, what is left for them now? 7/10

I might go see Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, in place of Kate is Rhona Mitra so it's not like there was a big loss infact it's more like it gained something, really.

jonboy said:

not quite as good as I thought it would be. Would say it is a bit of a case of style over substance however the acting is very good and the style is great just don't expect much more from it.
Is that the korean spagetti western that I've heard about?

Dizzae said:
jonboy said:

Is that the korean spagetti western that I've heard about?

Yes it is

Get Smart - 5/10
Why Steve?! WHHYY!! Was one of those films where you see all the funniset bits in the trailer. I was disapointed. Still giggled a few times but still not work more than a 50% rating.

While She Was Out - 7/10

A thrilling and somewhat fun movie. Really enjoyed it.

Lupus Inu said:
I might go see Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, in place of Kate is Rhona Mitra so it's not like there was a big loss infact it's more like it gained something, really.

I don't think Beckinsale's character is in Rise of the Lycans .... is she? :s

Voddas said:
Get Smart - 5/10
Why Steve?! WHHYY!! Was one of those films where you see all the funniset bits in the trailer. I was disapointed. Still giggled a few times but still not work more than a 50% rating.

/Sigh

Wait'a depress me. My girlfriend loves it and says that I must see it. :lol:

Spyro201 said:
Voddas said:
Get Smart - 5/10

/Sigh

Wait'a depress me. My girlfriend loves it and says that I must see it. :lol:
Sorry dude. Just my opinion like. :p

Notorious - 9/10

Entertaining and enjoyable. A bit generic and unoriginal, but it was fun, so meh.

And, yeah, I hated Get Smart too. It was that kind of awkward humor like in the "x movie" films that I hate :p

Bolt 3D, 8/10.

I don't get it. I don't understand how this is Disney back on form. People might have lowered their expectations from Walt Disney Animation Studio since watching Chicken Little and Meet The Meet the Robinsons, both of which I haven't seen. It has a definite John Lasseter sense to it, but in both plot and humour; I've seen it elsewhere. It so wants to be apart of the Pixar catalogue.

I had a chuckle at the beginning of the Miley Cyrus song montage, which got less annoying when The Travolta joined in. Their overall performances were both generic and respectable since they "sound" very Disney which, of course, is a double-edged sword.

The 3D was good, it was done in a clever fashion and gave me hope for the Toy Story re-release and the hundreds of other upcoming 3D movies. It wasn't any of that flying-out-of-screen ********. It added depth to the scenes and polarized Real-D glasses are still awesome.

Worth seeing at the picturehouse for the 3D. Otherwise, Sky Movies it.

The House Bunny - 6/10

Alright, but nothing special...not that I expected anything special. Two of the girls are lovely though.

Kung-Fu Panda, 6/10.

Dreamworks, I feel for them, I do. They can never get it right. KFP had a lot of good going for it, although if I wasn't bothered about seeing it, even so; the bad is a lot more noticeable. For Dreamwork Animation, it seems that the first priority is getting a A-Lister on board: Will Smith for A Shark's Tale, and Jack Black for this and I'm a fan of JB but this just didn't work. The biggest positive is the directing, it felt realistic.

I didn't find it funny, either. UGH.

Slum dog Millionaire - 9/10

Wow. Pretty good. I expected it to be over rated, but it wasn't. The only reason it isn't 10/10 is because I'm not a fan of drama/romance films, but if it can get a 9/10 out of someone who doesn't like the type of film it is then it must be good! Also, I disliked how they made the brother die there was no good reason for it and it was just done to try and get some sympathy. Another thing is how they made the game show host 'evil', just for the sake of having a 'bad guy'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Death Note - 9/10

very good film, just finished watching it on Film4, and the song on the end credits is "Dani California" by the red hot chilli peppers, bonus points for that, love that song! im looking forward to watching the 2nd film next week on Film4 (gotta love Film4 atm) i thought they did the film really well. very atmostheric and involving, despite the fact i dont know any japanese i found the subs and the plot easy to follow, all in all very impressed

Death Note - 8/10

I look forward to next week when I can watch the second one at an even later time and nearly fall asleep again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back