Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Incredible Hulk 7/10

Without a doubt superior to the 2003 attempt of the Marvel Green Machine. I'm a big Marvel fan so I of course enjoyed the movie. Wasn't anything deep and meaningful mind but was worth the watch. Was pleasently suprised with the very end also with the appearance of Tony Stark aka Iron Man. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resident Evil: Degeneration 7/10

It was pritty much what I expected to be honest. Was like watching an ingame cutscene for most part. Watched the English dub which was ok, even if it did sound like everone was in a sound booth rather than a hallway, indoor or outdoor area etc. Was put up withable tho. Good thing I'm a big Resi fan otherwise I'd have more to complain about. Overall I thought it was good for a 6.5 to 7 rating for me. Worth a watch, just don't spend too much on the DVD.

Would have made a good game too :p

Milk - 10/10

A brilliant, brilliant film. Great cast, extraordinarily well directed and enormously insightful. Also, it's very, very affecting. Needless to say, I was certainly tearing up at the end! I think Milk is certainly deserving of it's Best Picture nomination and Gus Van Sant is certainly deserving of his Best Director nomination for the Oscars.

Brokeback Mountain, 10/10.

An absolutely phenomenal picture, one of the best films I've ever had the bittersweet pleasure of seeing. Superb soundtrack and great performances all round; even Anna Faris. Wow, just Wow. I really should watch better movies... I want to feel like this after every one I watch.

Before the devil knows you're dead - 4 / 10 - very boring at the beggining, gets better with time, but even though it never really takes off.

Soul Survivors-8/10

Great plot twists and alot of suspence although the ending makes no sense 0.0.
I couldn't help but laugh when she got hit by the car near the end even though I've seen this move 3 times XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Chungking Express: 9/10

What a bizarre but fantastic film. I like unconventional love stories. There didn't seem to be a right lot connecting the two halves though... I'd have preffered more time spent on the second story personally. Short haired Faye Wong <3

Kite runner 8/10
Brilliant film about two friends growing up in Afghanistan, set before the Russian invasion in the 70s, and later in the film set in the 2000s. Touching

Gran Torino - 9/10

Hysterically funny and deeply emotional. It's great!

Jayme said:
Brokeback Mountain, 10/10.

An absolutely phenomenal picture, one of the best films I've ever had the bittersweet pleasure of seeing. Superb soundtrack and great performances all round; even Anna Faris. Wow, just Wow. I really should watch better movies... I want to feel like this after every one I watch.

I've never seen it (which is shameful, I know!) but thanks for the reminder! I'll rent it tomorrow or something :]

Sweeney Todd - 9/10

Really really good film in my opinion. I always like a good musical every now and then, and this certainly fitted the bill. Johnny Depp played Sweeney extremely well, i can see why he was nominated for an oscar with this role as well. The more darker colouring worked well as well, specially for victorian london. Basically overall, worth the watch.

CitizenGeek said:
(which is shameful, I know!)
Indeed. Looking forward to your opinion on it.

Slumdog Millionaire, 10/10

We all knew the ending, but the journey was amazing. Its crazy how emotionally attached I got through watching it. Notably, the score is wonderful and the performances are fantastic. It's hard to believe how little experience pretty much all the actors in this movie have got - from nothing to the Oscars!

Mamma Mia - 1/10

pure ****! the only reason it even gets a one is because of the classic abba tunes. the storyline is awful, basically is like an episode of jerry springer but not as entertaining... her mums a slut and she cud have 3 possible dads. and the way they manage to fit abba songs into the storyline is pretty dier!

and if thats not bad enough the singing is terrible!

if you want a good movie with afew belter abba tunes go watch muriels wedding. classic movie.

Arbalest said:
Sweeney Todd - 9/10

Really really good film in my opinion. I always like a good musical every now and then, and this certainly fitted the bill. Johnny Depp played Sweeney extremely well, i can see why he was nominated for an oscar with this role as well. The more darker colouring worked well as well, specially for victorian london. Basically overall, worth the watch.

If you like musicals with a bit of gore you should give Repo! The Genetic Opera a go. I have not seen Sweeney Todd yet I ought to see if I can track it down cheap.

The Prestige 8/10
A nicely made mock period piece about 2 magicians and what goes on between them, in their rivalry . Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are the two antagonists and I have to say the more you see of them and how they act the less you will like either character. There are some nice twists and turns in the story, some of which I got and some I did not.

Dracos said:
Arbalest said:
Sweeney Todd - 9/10

If you like musicals with a bit of gore you should give Repo! The Genetic Opera a go. I have not seen Sweeney Todd yet I ought to see if I can track it down cheap.

The Prestige 8/10
A nicely made mock period piece about 2 magicians and what goes on between them, in their rivalry . Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are the two antagonists and I have to say the more you see of them and how they act the less you will like either character. There are some nice twists and turns in the story, some of which I got and some I did not.

I may give that a go, cheers. Also if you're looking for it cheap, you should head into HMV when you get a chance. Unless the offer for it is gone, it was under £10 when i was in there yesterday.

Arbalest said:
I may give that a go, cheers. Also if you're looking for it cheap, you should head into HMV when you get a chance. Unless the offer for it is gone, it was under £10 when i was in there yesterday.

Just ordered for £6 on Play.com Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street - Special Collector's Edition (2007) (Region 1 DVD)

Seven Pounds - 8 / 10
Predictable movie, but still very good. About 10 / 15 minutes into it I already knew everything.

chaos said:
Seven Pounds - 8 / 10
Predictable movie, but still very good. About 10 / 15 minutes into it I already knew everything.
That's what my girlfriend said when she saw it the other week. :roll:

Disturbia 6/10

Was average imo. Was an easy watch but definately wasn't anything deep and meaningfull. I gave it a 6 coz you should watch it if your board but only if there's nothing else available to you.

The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - 6/10

The movie was good but it could have been more. Worth a watch if your bored or if you liked the first two films.
The first movie is the best in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back