Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall-E - 8/10

Sure it was great but there were some things about it that I felt knocked it down. The first part of the movie was easily the highlight for me, without any dialogue except for the beeps and buzzes of the robots but as soon as the CGI humans started talking I thought 'Is this really needed?'. I felt the movie could have stood on it's own without having any human dialogue at all.

The second thing is the fact that it used both live action actors and CGI cartoon actors. Didn't work for me I'm afraid. I feel like they should have either stuck with live action actors in fat suits or not bothered at all.

The third and final thing would be like Jayme said, the message was handled too heavy handedly. Again this is a problem I have when the dialogue kicks in. Some guy might as well have walked in the cinema and started shouting 'SAVE THE EARTH' in my face. It felt the humans were just there to hit it home so the kids could understand it anyway.

Still it was a great movie with some strong ideas but it could have been so much more. The first part is quite possibly one of the best sections of American animated cinema I've seen though. Genuinely funny whilst keeping with the meloncholy atmosphere.

First section of the movie on Earth 10/10 and then some. After that 6.5/10.

Wall-E - 9 / 10
Hancock - 7 / 10

That's how they rate to me. I don't really mind the preaching in Wall-E and I do agree the movie goes down after the humans appears, but I guess that's how humans are... They bring things down.. =P

Hancock, well I think it was simply too much information, has some really good moments, but still...

Forest Gump - 8/10. I haven't seen it before; It was actually really good and I enjoyed most of it.

Alvin and the chipmunks - 2/10. It was horrible. Everything about it. The comedy was plain stupid. It was like a idiot had wrote it; The 'jokes' had no originality nor were funny. The plot lacked a concept and was very predictable. The chipmunks were over rated and when there was a scene where they were attempted to be put across as cute, it was horrible; I don't even know who could find some annoying chipmunks who can talk in a very high pitched, annoying voice funny - Anyone who found this movie funny or good has no taste or sense of humor :p.

(I watched both these movies in class due to it being the end of term - Thats the only reason I could sit through alvin and the chipmunks :p).

Yagami said:
Forest Gump - 8/10. I haven't seen it before; It was actually really good and I enjoyed most of it.
The only thing about Forrest Gump that annoys me is that Jenny is a real bitch.

Yagami said:
Alvin and the chipmunks - 2/10.
From someone who enjoyed the series (and the albums) as a kid, I didn't think it wasn't that bad a film. It would have been more funny if Alvin and the others were child-size like the original. I guess I don't have a sense of humour. It was better than Garfield, if that counts as anything. ;D

"Ooh Eeh Ooh Ah-Ah, Ting-Tang Walla-Walla-Bing-Bang"

"Christmas, Christmas Time is here!" <3

I imagine it looks worse next to the fantastic Forrest Gump.

TMNT 8/10

After reading all the bad reviews i was expecting something awful but i actually loved it. Good story, quite funny and on passing glance the animation looked poor, but it fitted with the movies style perfectly.
Also Kevin Smith has a cameo in it.

Sy said:
Yagami said:
The only thing about Forrest Gump that annoys me is that Jenny is a real bitch.
I think she had to be a bitch so that their marriage becomes her redemption of sorts...

Voddas said:
Kung Fu Panda 8/10 Been a while since I've had a good chuckle. Plus, I love Jack Back. Scadoosh!

:lol: That was an epic part. What about the intro though "THEY WERE BLINDED BY HIS AWESOMENESS"

Spyro201 said:
Voddas said:
Kung Fu Panda 8/10 Been a while since I've had a good chuckle. Plus, I love Jack Back. Scadoosh!

:lol: That was an epic part. What about the intro though "THEY WERE BLINDED BY HIS AWESOMENESS"
"There is no charge for Awesomness, or goodlookingness!" lol

9/10 for the original "Land before time movie"

i forgot how amazing that film was, till it got butchered by all the spin offs

Ryo Chan said:

It was an awesome movie... how many spin-offs are there now?
There's at least 13 I know of. :?

Voddas said:
Ryo Chan said:

and a tv show...loved the original and maybe the first squel but who ever was making it knew how to run it into the ground

BlackWolf said:
Voddas said:
Ryo Chan said:

and a tv show...loved the original and maybe the first squel but who ever was making it knew how to run it into the ground

twas a good time for animated movies though

i think "an American Tail" came out bout the same time too

Ryo Chan said:
BlackWolf said:
Voddas said:
Ryo Chan said:

twas a good time for animated movies though

i think "an American Tail" came out bout the same time too

i think so, also i think Secret of NIMH movie was out then as well...just proves that disney weren't the only ones who could make good animated movies

Secret of Nimh was a good one too, as was American Tail. They definately don't make them like they used to.

Voddas said:
Secret of Nimh was a good one too, as was American Tail. They definately don't make them like they used to.
Don Bluth is planning on making a Dragons Lair movie in traditional 2D animation.

Sy said:
Voddas said:
Don Bluth is planning on making a Dragons Lair movie in traditional 2D animation.
Ooooh...
::eyes light up::
Do you know if it'll be hand drawn?
Wait... wasn't there already a Dragons Lair movie?

Voddas said:
Sy said:
Voddas said:
Ooooh...
::eyes light up::
Do you know if it'll be hand drawn?
Wait... wasn't there already a Dragons Lair movie?

Are you talking about that dvd/ blu-ray which was just the game with all the user interactivity removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back