Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahahahahahahahahaha-ha! The Dark Knight 9/10

It was a great movie, well above other (more light-hearted) hero/action movies. The Joker was absolutely amazing, I wasn't sure whether it was because he seemed actually like fictitious character or because he seemed more understandable than The Batman with his ridiculously deep voice, but for me, Him and Gary Oldman were the scene-stealer's.

I did feel The Joker needed one last scene (or similar) of him laughing or being noted where the team has taken him of too. But, I wonder if something like that was there (for a third movie) but was removed due Heath Ledgers passing.

I wanted to give it an 8 but now, I'm home, I think its well deserving of a 9. One for the BD, I say! ;D Absolutely awesome.

chaos said:
Spyro201 said:
The Dark Knight
8/10
are you high?

I just didnt think it was spectacular thats all. Really, its more a 7.5 IMHO. It was good, and didnt have many bad points if any, it just didnt have any WOW points. I must say though, the Jokers script was genius.

The Dark Knight 9.8/10

Brilliant, brilliant film. I loved what they - both the scriptwriters and Heath Ledger (R.I.P) did with the Joker. For the first time it felt like he had a real character and purpose. Also some of the stuff the Joker had to say about the nature of society... coupled with Batman's inability to do anything about some of the Joker's schemes, and Harvey Dent relinquishing the ability to decide what is right or wrong. A great portrayal of Mad Men in a Mad World.

Jayme said:
I did feel The Joker needed one last scene (or similar) of him laughing or being noted where the team has taken him of too. But, I wonder if something like that was there (for a third movie) but was removed due Heath Ledgers passing.
Hit the nail on the head, I thought exactly the same thing. If you're right, odds are it will be on the DVD as an extra, as by that time it won't seem so weird.

Black Knight 10/10 I would go into detail but I might start screaming with excitment again. It was everybit I expected. Awesome movie. Cudoes to Ledger on a fantastic Joker (Rest his soul). The film could have gone terribly wrong after the two hour point When Two Face was introduced. But thank god that went well two. Could have ruined it but it didn't. Great film and will be added to my DVD collection once released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayme said:
I did feel The Joker needed one last scene (or similar) of him laughing or being noted where the team has taken him of too.
Maybe the SWAT team killed him at the end. After all he did murder a lot of cops during the course of the movie.

Sy said:
Jayme said:
I did feel The Joker needed one last scene (or similar) of him laughing or being noted where the team has taken him of too.
Maybe the SWAT team killed him at the end. After all he did murder a lot of cops during the course of the movie.
The IMAX release did have about 25min more footage than the standard cinema release. Maybe that would have shown more? Has anyone seen the Imax release?

Voddas said:
Sy said:
Jayme said:
The IMAX release did have about 25min more footage than the standard cinema release. Maybe that would have shown more? Has anyone seen the Imax release?
What? I didn't know that. According to what I've been told both the IMAX and the regular screenings are the same length. No added or removed footage.

Sy said:
Voddas said:
Sy said:
Jayme said:
What? I didn't know that. According to what I've been told both the IMAX and the regular screenings are the same length. No added or removed footage.
I was told this by my local film and Batman buff. I don't think he'd be wrong as he rarely is, especially.

Just looked it up and it may just be the USA Imax release. Nothing about the UK Imax runtime? :S I'll have to ask him wheer he got the info from.

Well I can't find any information at all indicating that any IMAX version of the film is longer especially by a whopping 25 minutes. I think for once he may be mistaken. :p

Voddas said:
Sy said:
Voddas said:
Sy said:
Jayme said:
I was told this by my local film and Batman buff. I don't think he'd be wrong as he rarely is, especially.

Just looked it up and it may just be the USA Imax release. Nothing about the UK Imax runtime? :S I'll have to ask him wheer he got the info from.
MY BAD! :p
Just spoke to my friend and I misunderstood him! DoH! There was 25mins of the film filmed in IMAX for the IMAX cinemas. Mainly the action scenes. Oh well, no closer to knowing what happens to the joker then.

Sorry :p heh

Spyro201 said:
I think I realise why I didnt like Batman as much as you all. I didnt know who some of these guys were...

Are you talking about the actors? You didn't know who Aaron Eckhardt, Christian Bale, Heath Ledger or Maggie Gyllenhaal were?

CitizenGeek said:
Spyro201 said:
I think I realise why I didnt like Batman as much as you all. I didnt know who some of these guys were...
Are you talking about the actors? You didn't know who Aaron Eckhardt, Christian Bale, Heath Ledger or Maggie Gyllenhaal were?

Out of them i only recognised Christian Bale and Heath Ledger.
But to be fair i'm in no way a movie fanatic.

Maltos said:
CitizenGeek said:
Spyro201 said:

I knew Heath Ledger, but none of the others. I knew the Underlay guy at the beggining he was from Invasion :D :D

No, I didnt know Two-Face

Spyro201 said:
Maltos said:
CitizenGeek said:
Spyro201 said:

I knew Heath Ledger, but none of the others. I knew the Underlay guy at the beggining he was from Invasion :D :D

Didn't you regocnise Michael Caine either? The guy who played Alfred? Still say he was underused

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
Maltos said:
CitizenGeek said:
Spyro201 said:

Didn't you regocnise Michael Caine either? The guy who played Alfred? Still say he was underused

Who was Alfred??

Spryo201 said:
Who was Alfred??

*Hits Spyro with a stick*

Alfred was Bruce Waynes butler who says "Some men just want to watch the world burn" in the trailer (yes i know that's not the complete quote my memory sucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back