Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

-Danielle- said:
Thanks AUKN Twin hehe :)

Will keep an eye out for a decent price as it was BluRay I spotted so could not get. The artwork was pretty.

If you spot the Blu-ray LE set then you could get that as it also comes with the film on dvd. I picked it up in HMV for £10 awhile ago and i think it might still be that price, i'll check when i'm next in my local :)

One Piece Season Five Voyage Six 6/10

Pretty inconsequential bunch of episodes making up a less than interesting mini-arc, even the comedy super-deformed episode was more interesting. The only really decent episode was the first one on the set which featured the main storyline.

Cowboy Bebop - 10/10

I'm ashamed to say this is the first time i've watched Cowboy Bebop all the way to the end, for some reason when i first watched it a few years ago (before i got fully into anime) i only managed to get halfway through and then dropped it. Glad i bought the show on blu-ray last year though as it looks awesome and definitely is one of my favourite anime now.

Looking forward to getting the Movie on blu-ray and watching Watanabe's other works that i haven't seen (Kids on the Slope & Samurai Champloo).

DragonBlaze67 said:
Cowboy Bebop - 10/10

I'm ashamed to say this is the first time i've watched Cowboy Bebop all the way to the end, for some reason when i first watched it a few years ago (before i got fully into anime) i only managed to get halfway through and then dropped it. Glad i bought the show on blu-ray last year though as it looks awesome and definitely is one of my favourite anime now.

Looking forward to getting the Movie on blu-ray and watching Watanabe's other works that i haven't seen (Kids on the Slope & Samurai Champloo).

Glad to see u loved it. Samurai Champloo is also really good. I'm currently re watching it. Haven't seen KOTS though.

One Piece Season Six Voyage One 8/10

A return to form and consistence after the last couple of box sets.

Brook looks like he's going be an interesting if rather oddball addition to the crew.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Familiar of Zero Season 1
7/10
Pretty enjoyable for a harem :)

I'm really glad this wasn't overely pervy like other harems. This was quite tame compared to the likes of Rosario Vampire for example.

This anime was really charming and easy on the eyes. Nice characters designs, good animation and likeable characters. Louise was fairly likeable considering she's tsundere (not the biggest fan of thundered). I actually enjoyed watching her and Saito together as you felt like they definately had a connection as soon as they met, even if they didn't show it. Although I feel like some of the other characters, such as Tabitha and Guiche, should have gotten more development and screen time.

The only bad things I have to say is that the villains were very unthreatening and the ending was a little anti climactic

Overall, the Familiar Of Zero is definately one of the better harems out there. I'll definately be getting the other seasons once they come out

Bayonetta Bloody Fate
6/10
Such a missed opportunity

While I hated the first Bayonetta, I did think it would make for a great anime, unfortunately Bloody Fate is not.

This felt very rushed and the pacing is way too quick, a lot of scenes felt like they were just showing off a lot of Bayonettas weapons and moves making some of the action scenes a bit pointless (where on earth did she get the shotgun from?) and the story was laughable. Maybe if it was a series instead it may have been better

I will admit though the fight scene in the church at the beginning was amazing.

Overall, bayonetta is for die hard fans ONLY. But then again if I didn't like the game I most likely wouldn't have liked this, so it's my own fault

Rental magica

One word to describe this anime.....

Boring.

The reason iv been away for awhile is because I didn't find this series interesting at all and kept watching one or two episodes a night.

The goody two shoes
The moe character

It just didn't click with me

And it tries to be haruhi by having its episodes all mixed up.

Not for me

5/10

Samurai Champloo (rewatch)- 9/10

Fun, fun and more fun. Oh and add some great fight scenes too . Just as good as I remember and it's lost nothing of it's charm.

FLCL - 9/10

Really didn't know what to expect from this, but I ended up absolutely loving it. Probably the funniest, most bonkers thing I've seen since Excel Saga, plus the animation style is Gainax through and through - pure Gurren Lagan/Kill La Kill, with nice nods to Evangelion too.

The two female leads are brilliantly done, and I love how filthy Haruhara is. At the heart of the show, it all comes back to a tender coming of age story - characters coming to terms with boring small-town syndrome where nothing ever really happens, and how they cope with that.

Glass maiden

You know those anime that usually have a big bad and he sends out monsters to get the bad guy with a different monster every week......well this one only has the one monster.

This series is a ok series but to me I have a soft spot for it....kinda a guilty pleasure..

It's about these detectives and they get tangled up in this mad scientists experiments turning women in to glass......which is kinda like fan service but not but Is in a way.

It's cheesy but I still liked it, some people would say this is ok but It's a guilty pleasure.

8/10

One Piece Season Six Voyage Three 8/10

Mostly solid set of episodes, starting to really step up the action now.

One Piece Film Z

Like most of the One Piece films it's mildly disappointing compared to the show.

Mushi-Shi

An extremely charming and captivating show. A well crafted world of creatures and people with beautiful art direction and great music. There are some extremely well told tales, with some rather sad conclusions. I can't wait for the second season to get released.

9/10

britguy said:
Mushi-Shi

An extremely charming and captivating show. A well crafted world of creatures and people with beautiful art direction and great music. There are some extremely well told tales, with some rather sad conclusions. I can't wait for the second season to get released.

9/10
Have you seen the sequels yet? They are all on legal streaming if I remember correctly.

The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

A fitting closure to Isao Takahata's incredible career, The Tale of the Princess Kaguya is one of the most beautiful feature films ever made with it's watercolour visuals both an evolution and refinement of the Frederic Back-influenced minimalism that Takahata adopted with his previous film - 1999's My Neighbours the Yamadas.

'The Tale' is one of a girl found in a glowing stalk of bamboo by a bamboo cutter, who is taken to the capital and raised as a noblewoman by her adoptive father in his misguided attempts to give her the happiness he believes that she deserves. It continues the great Studio Ghibli tradition of having strong female protagonists, such as those Takahata gave life to in his pre-Ghibli series Anne of Green Gables and Heidi, Girl of the Alps. Those familiar with Japanese cinema will recognise that this is not merely a tradition of Ghibli's founders, but one firmly rooted in that cinema's finest achievements and Kaguya does recall the great Kenji Mizoguchi's depictions of oppressed women. And its no less heartbreaking, as Kaguya's longing to return to the simple rural life of her childhood goes unrecognised and unheeded by those who seemingly want the best for her. (I don't think this is a spoiler, but I'll err on the side of caution)

While this could have easily became a bleak social commentary, Takahata makes the film buzz with vitality. Like Kaguya, we feel the energy of the world - the spirit of the birds, bugs and beasts as well as their beauty.

If this is Takahata's final film, he ends on a high. If Ghibli has made its final film, Kaguya stands as one of its very best.

10/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosick

http://youtu.be/ocRVhfwZkR4

I just like to say that in the beginning I really liked this show with its mystery and Victoriaque is a complete adorable little thing.

To be honest this series just drew me in with its mysteries and victoriaque.... but when it comes to the villain and his plots........ it reminds me of something of FMA the movie 03 with the war but the main plot wasn't that interesting but the mysteries was great to watch.

It had a Sherlock feel to it which was good

And it has tragic moments, cute moments, and sad moments....

It has its flaws yes but it has its up sides to it too.

I really really liked this series and I'm glad I brought it.

8.5/10

Now my favourites self it goes

Back