Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

animefreak17 said:
@Joshawott

is the directors cut the edited version and the other ones the full movie
The Director's Cut is the full movie.

To be honest, the sex scenes were so brief that I wasn't really affected by them in one way or another.

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
@Joshawott

To be honest, the sex scenes were so brief that I wasn't really affected by them in one way or another.

ohhh i thought that directors cut ment they edited the film towards the best scenes in the movie that the director was most pleased with or something like that

animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
@Joshawott

ohhh i thought that directors cut ment they edited the film towards the best scenes in the movie that the director was most pleased with or something like that
I can see why you'd think that, after all it makes more sense for "Director's Cut" to mean "The cuts the director made to the film" but it actually pretty much means "uncut".

The English language is a confusing one.

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
@Joshawott

I can see why you'd think that, after all it makes more sense for "Director's Cut" to mean "The cuts the director made to the film" but it actually pretty much means "uncut".

The English language is a confusing one.

directors uncut they should call it

Few films are actually "uncut" though, the terminology is correct. The "Director's cut" is the film cut as the Director wanted it to be, whereas the "Theatrical cut" how it was cut to be shown in cinemas (usually to get a specific rating, or because test audiences disliked certain bits). If a film is advertised as being "uncut" rather than a "director's cut" that's not necessarily a good thing. The stuff a director cuts is usually cut for artistic rather than commercial reasons.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pele5vptVgc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pele5vptVgc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

ayase said:
Few films are actually "uncut" though, the terminology is correct. The "Director's cut" is the film cut as the Director wanted it to be, whereas the "Theatrical cut" how it was cut to be shown in cinemas (usually to get a specific rating, or because test audiences disliked certain bits). If a film is advertised as being "uncut" rather than a "director's cut" that's not necessarily a good thing. The stuff a director cuts is usually cut for artistic rather than commercial reasons.
Touché.

Broken Blade

I watched this on Blu Ray last night. I very pleased with MVM's first (hopefully not the last) Blu Ray and I think they chose a very good title indeed to be there first.

Basically what you get is six 55mins episodes spread across 2 blu rays, 4 episodes on disc 1 and 2 on disc 2. The extras were on disc 1 which seemed a little strange as only two episodes were on the 2nd disc.

I felt having the story told over six long episodes was the correct way of doing it and reminded me of DBZ/One Piece with the Marathon Feature on, however I felt like I'd seen the story somewhere before and Zoids Zero popped into my head, but it was a lot more entertaining (and bloody). I watched all 6 episodes back to back finishing about 4am this morning.

I don't really want to go into the story but if you Mecha anime this is for you. I felt the dub voices went well with the characters and felt that Greg Ayres, could of turned round and said "you want me to say what?" (If you watch it you'll find out what I mean)

If you haven't got it yet, why not??

Support MVM by getting it from www.anime-on-line.com and hopefully they will release more Blu Ray

I give Broken Blade 9/10

jungle de ikou

basically whats suppose to be a 12 and up 3 episode anime and to be honest i think it should of been a 15 with those breasts and those moans and movements lol i bet this anime * the first time it was shown was the equivalent of queens blade back then, if someone was to caught you at the wrong time it was showing the sexy movement and so, they be like .............................................. il wait out here lol

its bad but not bad bad
the opening was a lil caughty

6.5/10

ilmaestro said:
Sitting down to watch the Uncut version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, will report back next month. ^^;

try watching

lord of the rings
the godfather
and star wars within a week

tenchi muyo GXP * from the creators of excel saga *

its not about tenchi its more of his cousin seina i think this series is better then the tenchi muyo OVAs GXP was adapted from the tenchi OVAs * or a spin off *

anyways yeah it has Harem, funnies, space, space cops, its almost like tenchi,

the main guy seina has major bad luck and they use his bad luck to caught pirates but thats not the main story, infact i dont think the anime has a main story its just centers around a guy that all the girls want *(basterd)* and the ending made me more mad, if you watch this you'll know why......... lucky basterd.

its fun to watch twice or three times once and a while and it has its moments.

7/10

earthian

ummm RUI if your reading this i think this is your sort of anime.

it centers around two angels who've came to earth to judge man kind

one angel has black wings that sees positive in human and another that sees negative in human and he has white whites, the both live together and the black winged angel always trys to help out others but shouldn't,

its styles escaflowne style drawing and i swaer if this series had a age restriction of 15 the yaoi part would be better..................... for girls i mean,

theres no resolution its just about angels and andriods

6.5/10

Ah, you missed my implication - following on from ayase's point about movie marketing vernacular, a truly "uncut" version of those films would run tens of hours in total.

ilmaestro said:
Ah, you missed my implication - following on from ayase's point about movie marketing vernacular, a truly "uncut" version of those films would run tens of hours in total.

I know what you mean I watched all six star wars movies within 3 days 2 movies per day,

I know
Lord of the rings
The god father
Star wars movies 4-6
Star wars movies1-3

Are the longest trilogys made and the only ones I know about, let's say you had all these movies on DVD with all the uncut stuff director cut, ect.

I wounder how long it would take to watch all these I'm thinking 2-3 days at least

Samurai girls

Well as I think the animation and the effects was outstanding ( the ink effect and naming of there attacks) batabie is the sexiest out of all of them the ending is seen over and over * not manga ending* I couldnt get in to the story * not because of the ecchi * but it's something iv seen before.

Bit of a warning if your watching this and youv got other people in the house make sure to keep the volume down lol

8/10 I'm giving this score cause of the style of the animation and effects and backgrounds

Durarara
5/10
Ah man what a let down. Well first off, ill start with the things i liked:

The story started off well, I especially liked its non-linear type of story telling, it reminded me of Baccano! (i loved isaac and mirias cameo). The backgrounds were amazing! they are some of the most detailed backgrounds i've seen in an anime. Even if it was just a street corner, it was perfectly detailed. And lastly the soundtrack. The music definately fit the mood of some scenes.

Now for the things i didnt like and brought it done for me:

i didnt like most of the characters. Most of them were cardboard cut-outs with no personality what so ever. the only ones i liked were Shizuo, Simon and Celty and her relationship with the scientist. Also after the first 12 episodes the story went completely silly and all over the place. The whole Saika thing was the biggest load of **** ive ever heard and it was hard to follow. Plus the whole Dollars and Yellow Scarves dragged on a bit and at the end, i just didnt care anymore. My last complaint is that it was overly confusing near the end and there were so many things that i didnt understand! WHat was Izayas trying to accompish?!?

I also have a complaint with the actual subtitles aswell. They were too small and went too fast. For example, near the beginning Mikado and Kida are talking. Kidas going on about something and Mikado is having a monologue. WHile this is going on the subtitles are going way too fast. WHat they should have done is having the subtitles near the person when there is more than one person talking at the same time.

Overall, not the worst anime I've seen, But it isnt recommendable. Successor to baccano! my a**e

Berserk

I was totally expecting demons and stuff like that I mean there like only in 4 or 5 episodes. I liked the story and the characters are interesting and I like the old style, I liked how the story was going and even the outtakes was funny ............. But the last two episodes omg, it's a good thing that the films are coming out otherwise I'd be really angry, I swear the last two was like hellraiser and it was getting really good it's a really good series and I know the ending got on everyone nerves but thankfully the films are coming out and we can continue the series

8/10

Demon king daimao

The story jumps around and sometimes I don't know what's going on, it's all bad scripted writing. The fan serves was good but not alot of it, this series is all over the place it's like samurai girl but I praise samurai girls more fir it's effect.

Im going to get the blu-ray version when I get my blu-ray player the ovas are in it

6.5/10

Back