Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Naruto shippuden boxset 1-9 and movies 1 and 2

I'm leaving out the fillers in the series the fillers are starting to tick me off badly it's main story, filler, main story, filler, I wish they'd get on with it.

Ummm my fav character is sasori be cause he turned the puppet master jutsu from lame to badass.
Hidan is probably my second because of the fact his jutsu is a bad ass. If I had to give hidan a catchphrase it would be * I'l shear my pain with you*
I'm glad shikamarus team is getting some screen time and some development,
It's been like 112 ep and hopefully next time I'l get to see itachi and sasuke fight

Anyways my fav arc is the sasori acr 100%

I liked movie 2 then I did movie 1 at least a certen someone made an appearance but the movies was a filler.

Series without filler 8/10
Movie 1 6/10
Movie 2 7/10

ilmaestro said:
animefreak17 said:
ilmaestro said:
Ah, you missed my implication - following on from ayase's point about movie marketing vernacular, a truly "uncut" version of those films would run tens of hours in total.

I know what you mean
I would say this is a little optimistic.

XD. I watched all 6 SW films in a day once. It got a bit tiring by the end, was sort of half paying attention to Jedi. Probably won't try something quite so ambitious again, I think a 3 movie marathon is about the right length to still be entertained and really want to keep watching.

Basilisk

Omg this series is like a combo of the series ninja scroll and romen and Juliet. I honestly thought I was going to watch two discs of this series but I ended up watching the hole thing, I think this would of been Naruto if they didn't go on about friend ship and stuff like. This is a tragedy and romance and as everyone knows I hate romance and tragedy. But in this case I enjoyed it for one simple reason,

There are two clans that really hate each other and theyv been hating each other for 400 years, and some of them hate each other cause they was raised to hate each other and a woman and man from each clan are in love and hoping to get married but the shogun has said they must fight each other 10 vs 10 ninja and the woman and the man are the leaders of there clan.

The thing I like about this is that I like seeing people who hate each other kill them selfs cause idiots who hate and want to killeach other deserve to die, I belive if two people or groups who hate each other do deseve death for 3 reasons

1 people who hate will cause more hate around them
2 they won't live in peace
3 what's the point of hating while you can enjoy life

Anyways yeah it was a ok series if I had to choose a side I choose the kouga clan

8.5/10

Utawarerumono

Just an average fantasy series. Stereotyped characters, standard arcs and so on. Some really good animation here and there, except on episode 14 which was pretty crap. Nothing good to be amazed, nothing bad to be disappointed, nothing to write home about. Next DVDs please.

Score : 6 / 10

Teo

Roujin z

Defenetly from the creators of akira, iv been told that this was lion sci-fi years ago and I believe that I wish I saw it back then.

It's a old classic and it's aged a lil and there a few comedy stuff in there but I wish it was longer it seems so short. That mechain that looks after old people I bet big fat computer nerds would die for one of these lol,

7.5/10

maburaho

a fun series with light fan service,

it takes place in a world where the everyone uses magic and have a number of times they can use magic but one guy only has 8 uses to use magic and the average users have over 140.000 or more but our main hero is related to other great magic users and hes gens will give birth to the worlds powerfully magician andgirls are after him for it.

like i said its a fun anime to watch and il be watching it again

8/10

The twelve kingdoms

Ok rui I'l will say this, the second half was heart breaking about the two girls who had to go though hardships and I felt sorry for both of them seeing them go though all that was hard to watch but it turned out good but i hate the people of hou and the countess for making them suffer but like I said it turned out ok, I thought this anime was going to be a drag but it was ok and I'm sure the book are good to bad I get bored of picturless books * if it is a pictureless book, but when I looked up the info on the series I knew there's was something I didn't like and that was the anime only characters, the anime only characters was to convenient and I felt there rolls was forced, the twelve kingdoms is fascinating anime and I think it is part of a Chinese mythology which is also intresting and this series tells us the viewers that with out happiness you need to suffer and need to take responsabilty for your actions * I know there are loads of animes who learns us about this* but this anime really speaks out about this,

Rui it's a good series I'm glad I continued it I just wish it continued

8.5/10

Question

Am I the only one doing these 10 out of 10 reviews now?

Redline

This film is like if dead leaves was pimped and given a coat of gurren largann. I hated the ending and I think this series might of done ok as a series, all the characters are just like dead leafs but more up dated

7.5/10

na man its not you. Im just really slow at watching anime lol. Plus people have there own pace at watching anime. I actually enjoy doing the rating thing lol.

Roujin Z

I liked the subtle hints of comedy and satire throughout the movie. Some of animation is slightly lazy and outdated, but it has managed to be brought back to life thanks to the Blu-ray Transfer giving it a new lease of life (no pun intended!) Whilst keeping it's "classicness" intact.
The story-line is quite an unusual one, but it is definitely enjoyable and probably has more relevance now than it was when it was first released meaning it's aged considerably well despite the dated animation.

8/10

PS: Definitely Gonna have to watch the English version one Beer night sometime in the future :D

Shigurui

This series really surprised me! I was expecting only some brainless gore but there is much more. The plot is developed with a lot of care, it follows a non linear structure based on a lot of flashbacks. The gore is much less (in quantity) and more extreme (in violence) than I expected, if you can't stand blood and guts then keep really far from this show. I loved the directing and the pacing, this anime is pretty slow and is focused more on the character development than on action, the overall feeling is more towards an artsy film than a standard samurai anime. If you loved Basilisk and are willing to attend extreme sporadic violence (really extreme) and a convoluted plot, then this is a must watch.

Score : 9 / 10

Teo

Planetes 7/10

Not the best of shows but I don't regret my time with it. It raised a lot of interesting questions and discussion points. I'm pretty peeved that the Hakim storyline was left completely open at the end though, it just seemed like sequel bait...

Trinity blood

Ok to start off it's a ok series to watch, I wouldn't mind watching it again but I see a mixture of series in this series and it seems a lil plain, I'm not saying it's boring but while watching it I kinda knew what to expect even tho I haven't seen this anime before or read about. Anyways if you watch this show and if you look very closely you can see that this series has a few things from other series in it
E.g Abel has vashes personality and he kinda reminds me of alucard* if you watch this you'll know what I mean, there's a few eps that shows a few characters with powers and you never hear from them again. Like the witch ep they his us something about a witch and we never hear from it again. But the ending ticks me off * things unresolved * I hate that when that happenes. Also everything seems to slip in to place and works it's self out,

7.5/10

My-Hime
8.5/10
Was really surprised about this series. I've been thinking of picking this series up for a while and was lucky to find it for £15 at the expo.

While watching the first 4 episodes, i thought it was gonna be a typical girls with magical powers type of show, it was like that for the first half of the series, but then it changes tone completely!!! It changes into a drama showing how the Himes deal with the side effects with fighting and losing those who are close to you. I also thought it was gonna be filled with fan-service, there was some but it wasnt extreme like most shows.

The animation was bright, colourful and very fluid. As to be expected from Sunrise. The animation was especially good when the action scenes were going on. Some people have complained that the fight scenes are short, which they are, but they are well choreographed and always fun to watch.

I also loved the characters aswell. There wasnt 1 character i didnt like. I grew to love them and i cared what was going to happen to them....Well...except for Yuuichi. he seemed to be a bit of a d**k

If there is something i didnt like about the show its how it waffled on about love and freindshsip. I know its trying to portray a vital moral, but they didnt need to repeat it every few minutes. I also didnt like how (WARNING HUGE SPOILERS) most of the characters died towards the end and came back to life because of love. Was it love? i cant remember I thought it was extreamily childish. it would of been alot more realistic if they had stayed dead. Not to be mean or anything lol

Overall, this is one of the most underrated shows i have seen. How on earth did this slip the raidar? I would say this is Sunrises best anime next to Code Geass and Inuyasha. A great mix of action, drama, romance and comedy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kurau Phantom Memory

This had so much potential to be outstanding. However, it lurks in the 'good' category partially due to the last episode.

Spoilers! Do not read unless you plan or have watched the whole series as I will be ranting about the last episode in particular.

After watching the arduous journey of Kurau, Christmas and the Rynax - I wanted to know what happened to the characters. Yes, we get to know exactly what happens and it's not particulary exciting. The Rynax brought fantastical powers, but 10 years later, everyone is leading mudane lives.

They seem to have forgotten all about Rynax Kurau and conversely human Kurau shows a lack of empathy to her experience. Surely by being a symbiote or part of a living energy would mean that a part of her would be 'missing'? Instead, most characters seem to have filled that loss of Rynax Kurau by producing families of their own. Even Christmas is paired up with Ted, because women bonding might mean - shock and horror - lesbianism!

So everyone gets a happy ending - the true meaning being that happiness is to get married and have children. The status quo of societal norms is upheld. What about the Rynax who were 'different'? No they just ultimately get sent back because society isn't ready for anything but normailty.

Oh well!

Despite the ending being not to my liking, I still enjoyed the majority of the episodes. The standout point being at the end of episode 1. It has to be one of the most touching and memorable scenes I've seen in all anime.
Other plus points is that the characters are drawn to their age (very important for me! I detest moe style) and that there are actually adult characters that are focused in the main storyline too. There is also no fanservice - a rarity these days! I recommend this title if you enjoy sci-fi with drama and a touch of sentimentality.

Overall: 7.5/10

Ghost in the SHell: Solid State Society 8/10

For me GITS followed the same pattern as Gundam 00: An excellent first season, a somewhat disappointing second season and a film which improved upon the latter but not the former. It's a decent enough film but the ending was very abrupt, even more so than usual for GITS and I feel there was a lot of intrigue potential which was wasted. Not bad, but 1st gig remains the best of the bunch.

Sparrowsabre7 said:

For me GITS followed the same pattern as Gundam 00: An excellent first season, a somewhat disappointing second season and a film which improved upon the latter but not the former. It's a decent enough film but the ending was very abrupt, even more so than usual for GITS and I feel there was a lot of intrigue potential which was wasted. Not bad, but 1st gig remains the best of the bunch.

to be honest iv seen GITS SSS and it felt like a long episode with nothing exciting happening

animefreak17 said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

to be honest iv seen GITS SSS and it felt like a long episode with nothing exciting happening

I'd agree in part. GITS episodes are the perfect length, they're forced to condense the plot and give a resolution at the end, I think the extra time afforded merely dragged the movie out, so that's a fair point.

neptune2venus said:
most characters seem to have filled that loss of Rynax Kurau by producing families of their own. Even Christmas is paired up with Ted, because women bonding might mean - shock and horror - lesbianism!
Needless to say I love Kurau, though I haven't watched it in a while. I always thought it was important that Kurau and Christmas's love was kept entirely platonic - that kind of relationship is so rarely portrayed and even more rarely given any depth in the way it is in in this series. To add a sexual element to their relationship would have been to cheapen it, I think. If you can care about someone so much without being their blood relative or wanting to get into their pants that's got to be one of the strongest emotional bonds that can exist, surpassing sexual attraction by a good margin. But then perhaps that's just my odd view on a subject I know little about.

ayase said:
Needless to say I love Kurau, though I haven't watched it in a while. I always thought it was important that Kurau and Christmas's love was kept entirely platonic - that kind of relationship is so rarely portrayed and even more rarely given any depth in the way it is in in this series. To add a sexual element to their relationship would have been to cheapen it, I think. If you can care about someone so much without being their blood relative or wanting to get into their pants that's got to be one of the strongest emotional bonds that can exist, surpassing sexual attraction by a good margin. But then perhaps that's just my odd view on a subject I know little about.

I agree - the relationship between Kurau and Christmas was the best thing about the series, which was why I was so disappointed with the 'realistic' ending. The deep bond they share can be interpretated in many ways but
to have an ending which doesn't really show the fruition of the journey (the bond between Kurau and Christmas, The Rynax being part of human symbosis and the aftermath) which was the main focus of Kurau is just like a slap in the face. Throwing in human Kurau with a child at the end was meaningless. This was not the Kurau of the series which we all grew to know and love.
Don't get me wrong, the series is good and I think it's refreshing that the relationship can be open to whatever the viewer thinks. However, the ending just gives a poor view of the Rynax and that may as well have been an afterthought for a series which focused on the bonds between kindred spirits. Maybe I'm just being overly picky. :p

Back