Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Lupin III: A Woman Named Mine Fujiko

7/10

I enjoyed this series, felt it blended stand alone stories with an emerging overall plot well. One or two of the stand alones weren't great (the "Cuban" revolution one was painfully dull), but it always did more than enough to keep me watching, though that may have been due to the copious amount of boobies on show. The animation style was gorgeous, something very different to anything else airing, it was slick and cool with kind of a crime noir hint to its look.

The recurring characters were all great. I really thought Jigen got a fantastic stand alone Ep that defined everything about him so well in just 20mins, Goemon's appearances were always welcomed. I loved Oscar's crazy, jealous love of Zenigata, Fujiko got naked a lot and Lupin was tremendous fun whenever he showed up. The whole owl thing was incredibly freaky and creepy too.

All in all a really good series, that I'd definetly pick up if it got licensed. Did I mention it has boobs?

One Piece: Collection 1 (Ep. 1-26)

Watched this on animefreak's recommendation, having already read some of the manga. In terms of what it covers, it goes as far part way through volume seven.

There were some laughs I thought. Might have laughed more, but as I had already read the manga I kind of knew what was going to come up. On the plus side you do get to understand the plot a lot better. The animation quality is good considering when it was made (late 1990s), and the characters are wonderful.

I'll probably read a bit more of the manga before starting the second collection.

Score: 8 / 10

Angel Beats!

God, it's just so, so good. I'm totally dehydrated after watching this because I was in absolute floods of tears practically every episode. It blends everything together perfectly, it's funny, beautiful, tragic. Dear God is it tragic and heartbreaking. I'm amazed at how much they manage to define a character in just a 5 minute backstory, they tell us 'this is tragic and you will care' and I do care, I care for them so much.

I'm pleased with how good the dub turned out, don't think it misses a beat in comparison to the Japanese. Thought Brittney Karbowski (Yuri), Blake Shepard (Otanashi) and David Matranga (Hinata) really stood out, it was also good to hear a couple of VAs I like in this, Luci Christian, Greg Ayres and even Illich Gaurdiola picking up a couple of the extra roles.Though, I did get slighlty annoyed by the mispronunciation of "suplex" ("soo" not "suh"), had no one involved with the dub seriously never seen a single wrestling match before?

Favourite episode is a tough one as every one really is great, I do really love Ep. 2 "Guild" and one of my favourite moments has to be the slow motion replays in ep. 5 "Favourite Flavour" that was just freakin hilarious. One of the most beautiful had to be Yui and Hinata's imagined life together in ep. 10 "Goodbye Days", I was like niagra falls with that one.

In the end this has to go into my top 5 series of all time and definetly the best Key series, though I've still to see the rest of Clannad but from what I've seen that's the weakest.

10 out of 10

Ian Wolf said:
One Piece: Collection 1 (Ep. 1-26)
Score: 8 / 10

One Piece only gets better and better, best series ever imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
20thCenturyBoy said:
Angel Beats! I'm amazed at how much they manage to define a character in just a 5 minute backstory, they tell us 'this is tragic and you will care' and I do care, I care for them so much.
I feel this quote is relevant:

ayase said:
Y'know, it's really interesting reading how diverse different people's reactions to things are.
Whereas I found the writers' attempts to generate sympathy for the characters so heavy-handed and overwrought that I had the opposite reaction to that which was intended, the tears and manhugs and validations in one of the middle episodes being the absolute nadir. I did like Kanade, though, perhaps because I quit the show before finding out what her deal was. Maybe I'm just too cynical for Key stuff...

Yeah, Key stuff is quite divisive. I've heard people describe it as deliberatley "emotionally manipulative" and I think that's true, it's just whether it works for you or not. Key tend to get to me, but that's because I'm an emotional wreck anyway. Though, from what I've seen from Clannad it's the first time I've felt it to be very forced.

Darker than black

It's a really good series it has drama supernatural and a few eps that makes you want to cry to * which Im not very fond of but with with this series it's ok* at first I thought it was going to be dark all the way though but it has it's laughs there and there. It feels refreshing for a 5 year old or more series. I'm going to b honest at first I liked it and then it got half way and I thought oh this isnt goin to end well and I got to the end I was satisfied with it instead of one story each ep it had 2 eps that made a story which was refreshing I know some anime do this like ghost hunt but shorter anyways there's a few crys a few laughs a lot of drama ect and it's satisfying it's totally worth a watch

I was going to make a review about this with season 2 but I felt I needed to write down this fast before I forget how good it is.

8.5/10

Ergo proxy

Iv rewatched this and it's a enjoyable dark series the visuals are nice and the story's good but at times there's a few wakey episodes that that makes you cringes your face like why is this ep here eg

The ep with the quiz show I thought that was funny but it felt out of place I think it was a special for the end of the year sort of thing you know if youv seen those from Japan

And the smile land ep that was wakey and a bit silly but like the series says a proxy is a creator of anything it wants

I also like the fact that when people in this series gets used to how there robots do everything for them and they can't do anything with out them.

the series is good and worth watching again

8/10

Darker then black ovas

It continues where season 1 stopped at but unfortunately I watched the ova disc last. The eps was good and is worth a watch well it's is a continuation where season one stops and fills in the gaps of what happened in season 2 so yeah

8/10

Season 2

I was good I liked it infant on the whole the whole is fantastic I liked it its worth the watch again but the ended was a bust * cliffhanger* if theres a season 3 I'm getting it it's really good but I think season 1 is better, I felt season 2 was a lil forced but it's still good

8/10

The whole series

9/10

Kids On The Slope - 9/10

Never disappointed me, the drama and music mixed nicely together, even if the drama at times was a bit forced.

Still I liked the characters, all have depth and setting the series in the 1960's was a great choice, since Jazz music was becoming a lot more popular.

Speaking of Jazz, the performances were brillant, the one in episode seven is a massive highlight, one of my favorites moments alongside the 'Brainstorm' festival performance in BECK.

For many people, Kids On The Slope felt rushed and I could see why but I didn't see that as a problem, I really enjoyed the series and the emotional investment payed off, it's up there with BECK and Nana as some of the best music anime series ever made. I'd rather people praise this rather than the overall disappointment that was *cough* K-ON!!*cough*

To love ru

Ok it's a fan servies anime but it's also funny and enjoyable to watch. But the main guy drives me crazy he likes one girl and another girl * from outaspace* also loves him and is bein forced to marry her but luckily for me it dosent concentrate on the romance but on the funnies and fan servies. The main is so annoying, why doesn't he just come out and say What he wants to say,

But yeah it's funny it's got fan servies and enjoyable to watch

8.5/10

School rumble season 1

*Pure brilliance*

I love it the first seasons fantasic. This is suppose to be a school romance comedy and as everyone here knows I hate romance but this series is more comedy then romance which is great. Barinas the funniest and tenma is the second funniest but it's frustrating seeing harima being misunderstood poor guy he's trying so hard too but at tue same time it's funny. It's not just these two everyone in it's funny and there's no heart brake which is great.
It's also very cute

This series is going in my favs if season 2 is just as good.

At first I thought it was shorts but its shorts that leads up to a story

Anyways yeah the first seasons fantastic and the ovas is great

9.5/10

motto to love ru

if you love fan service get this its awesome

in this series theres a few new characters which makes an appearance in to love ru OVAs which hasn't been released yet * im pissed off about that* so to understand where they come from you have to watch the OVAs.

in each episode theres 3 mini stories and as some of you know are sexy, but a few of them are continuations of the main series. some are fun to watch some gets you hot and bothered,

its not one big story like the first season but 35 mini storys

i give it a 9/10 for fan service ^_^

Season 2 of school rumble

It's just as funny as the first season and all my fav characters are there but they kinda widen the stories to the side characters more and you don't see yakumo use her pychic abilities to see what people are thinking anymore and a fee other things are different but you'll have to see for your selfs

I really like this series, I usually don't go for school romance but school rumble has more comedy but keeps that oh I love him her thing but the comedy is shown more then the romance.harimas my fav he's so funny I just love his guy and I also feel sorry for him he's trying so hard to get the girl he loves but ends up in misunderstandings which are freaking funny.

I'm just pissed off that the last 2 ep didn't get released over here * ovas*

I could watch this over and over and not get bored it's that funny

The series on a whole

9.5/10

Brilliant series brilliant series

I don't know why the uk releases didn't do well it's a awesome series

animefreak17 said:

Because Revelation stopped distributing for Funi. *stares at half full artbox*

Speaking of School Rumble, I love that series both seasons and it's pretty much in my top 20. Must get round to buying both the boxsets.

Roujin Z

Watched mostly due to my quest to watch everything that had Satoshi Kon's hand in it, however it's not something you really see much of his work in, since he was the key animator and thus not really much to do with the plot.

It was decent enough and reminded me a lot of "Stink Bomb" from Otomo's 'Memories.' Overall, however, I was not massively impressed. It was entertaining enough, but it's no classic.

6/10

Rena Ryuugu said:
animefreak17 said:

Because Revelation stopped distributing for Funi. *stares at half full artbox*

Speaking of School Rumble, I love that series both seasons and it's pretty much in my top 20. Must get round to buying both the boxsets.

i saw the uk boxset of school rumble and the tin looks nice and the series is totally worth getting

animefreak17 said:
I'm just pissed off that the last 2 ep didn't get released over here * ovas*

I got curious and other-meansed the OVA conclusion to School Rumble...

And I am so glad that didn't get released. It's an absolute stinker that just doesn't live up to the series, and I've been trying ever since to erase it from my brain.

to be honest i looked up how many episodes there was and im like ok and i watched it all the way but not watch the last 2 OVA episodes * i thought it would be in the boxset * after realising the OVAs wasn't with it i looked up what they was about * not the episodes but info on them and i really can't say i liked how the story was going and il agree i think it the season 2 OVAs should stay out of the series i just seems so sad for harima * he worked so hard too

Cowboy Bebop

8.5/10

Remains kind of a classic for a reason. One of the best things about it is how different the show can be from episode to episode, ensuring there's something for everyone and you're never really bored. Jet is still my favourite, he's so cool and bad ass. I have a strange thing for older guys who kick ass... :oops: not that kind of thing. The whole crew is good, though Faye's backstory doesn't do much for me, but I do like "Speak Like a Child". Ed feels a bit underused, and it would have been nice if she'd got her send off ep all to herself instead of sharing it with Faye.

Yu Yu Hakusho Season 1
9/10
THIS is how you make a Shonen anime! Great animation, great story fantastic character development that doesnt drag out too much, and some fantastic fight scenes. Its still as good as i remember it from years ago. The only thing stopped it from getting a perfect 10 was that the fight between Yusuke and Suzaku did slight go on a bit.

Its a darn shame that this anime doesnt get as much respect as other shonen shows. Take One Piece, Naruto and Dragonball Z for example: They all have loads of video games, spin-offs, a **** load of movies, a crap tone of merchandise etc. Yu Yu Hakusho doesnt have NEARLY as much stuff as Dragonball Z Naruto or One piece. Maybe because it ended YEARS ago but still! Dragonball Z was made in 1989 and its still pretty damn popular. I suppose this could be seen as a good thing because they dont juice it out like other shows, but i think it is slightly overlooked.

Im going on a bit now lol but its just that i think Yu Yu Hakusho deserves alot of attention than most other Shonen shows.

Back